Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Dolphins @ Seahawks)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
storm74":352he9zc said:
Good God!!! I hope you are very wrong sir.

What can I say, I'm the optimist in my family (had to fix the score though because somehow I messed it up)

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
20-13

Good guys go to 1-0 through no fault of their own.

One of our TDs comes off Special Teams or D.

Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock of the Week: Bevell calls one of the worst games of his life, Russell bails him out just enough.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Team comes out sleepwalking, Pete and Bevell get caught trying to go back to long-developing play action with an untried OL against one of the league's best DLs. Down at least 7 by halftime.

Wilson comes roaring back in the third quarter. We win by enough to cause a meltdown on .NET ("Why didn't they play Collliiinnnsss??").

SEA 26
MIA 20

RTD: 0-0

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Thank FSM they didn't put Boykin in when Wilson was injured. Whew. That was too close for comfort.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1k6pncvl said:
Seahawks win the coin toss and defer.

We get off to a frustratingly slow start, thanks to conservative play calling and Russ struggling with precision on the early throws. Hauschka splits the uprights on a nice 46 yarder to conclude our fourth drive.

Despite a fired up defense we give up five long drives that thankfully produce only 2 field goals for a 6-3 Phins lead late in the 2nd quarter.

On the final Seahawks drive of the 2nd quarter, a clearly frustrated Russ takes an ill-advised scramble and goes out with his first injury on an awkward hit sustained when he chooses to reach out for the first down rather than going out-of-bounds.

Halftime score 6-3 Phins

First drive of the second half, Michael takes some of the pressure off Boykin with a few nice runs for first downs. Boykin responds by throwing his first NFL interception at midfield. Miami takes advantage of the short field for their first TD. 13-3 Phins.

Seahawks come back with a nice, time-consuming drive featuring a lot of running and some safe play action passes. Michael caps off the drive with a nice run up the middle for a 3-yard TD. 13-10 Phins.

Neither team gets much traction through the end of the third and well into the fourth quarter, but Boykin gains some confidence when he connects on some decent, safe passes to Baldwin and Kearse. Although Lockett has been repeatedly open downfield, Boykin has never progressed through his reads enough to realize it. Bevell points it out to him on the sideline.

With 5 minutes left in the game, Boykin reads Lockett open and throws the pass, completely missing Maxwell shading Lockett and baiting the rookie QB. Maxwell takes it to the house to close out the scoring.

Final score Phins 20, Hawks 10.

Postscript - Immediately after the game, Russ is ruled out for the next 3-4 weeks. The Hawks put in a call to T-Jack who returns to lead the team against the Rams in week 2. The good news Rawls looked good in his first game back, although his carries were limited. Graham however does not see a down, and is held out of the week two contest after suffering a strained hamstring in his non-injured leg during practice. Richardson also goes out with a strained hammy and is placed on IR given the prediction of a 6-week plus recovery time. The defense stays relatively healthy except for Kam who suffers a concussion and Wagner who has a minor tweak.

Go Hawks!
You were scary close on the RW injury and we don't yet know if he' ll be ok for next week. I don't mean to be a dick here but please don't tempt the fates again!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1xbiv45e said:
Seahawks 24
Dolphins 17... if Suh doesn't stomp on Russel's ankle in the scrum!

Boy do I feel like crap now.... I jinxed Russell.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well congratulations to all those who saw this as being a slugfest. I never did but one thing I've learned in all my years of watching the NFL is that I have no clue what is going to happen any given game.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Aros":oohu79lh said:
Well congratulations to all those who saw this as being a slugfest. I never did but one thing I've learned in all my years of watching the NFL is that I have no clue what is going to happen any given game.

LOL! We've known that about you for years! :mrgreen:

But you did pick the winner...and in the end ain't that what really matters? :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well thank you for giving me SOME credit! LOL