Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Chiefs)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I thought (even though I listened to my brain which said nope for my prediction) the 9ers game at home was going to be our one game of the year where nobody gives us a chance to win yet wo do. Whoops. So now I am wondering, is THIS the upset game? We are totally due one. Yet, I just can't pick the Seahawks right now. Not against what is likely a 11-win team after tomorrow. In Arrowhead.

Eeeep.

I still think the Seahawks MIGHT finish 9-8, beating the Jets and Rams at home (not an easy task mind you) and squeek in as a wildcard. I just don't see us beating Mahomes in their house. They are just too dynamic on offense and our defense is...Well, our defense.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Chiefs 31

Aros' Fearless Record: 9-5

Palmegranite

Reaction score
44-24 Chiefs. (If Geno is running on all cylinders. )

C'mon Seahawks, prove me wrong.

audioeffects

Reaction score
To finish this season over .500 would be fantastic, especially if Geno Smith is the reason. Next year - the defense better be the reason . . .

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I thought Seattle was going to get throttled by SF. Maybe they have just a tad more grit than I thought? I think they show up and jerp the game close with a big splash play or two. All for not though, as it won't be enough to overcome their deficiencies in the run game (on both sides of the ball). Geno balls out in a losing effort.

KC, 34.
SEA, 20.

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 13
Chiefs 23

Chiefs rack up 17-0 then a dogfight to the end after adjustments and/or opponent going conservative/prevent.

Optimus25

Reaction score
The networks mocked us relentlessly by putting stats to how wide open kittle was. Then it happened again. Then we let him AND a no name both get that wide open just to show we are the gold standard for pisspoor coverage.

it is a shame our defense has such massive holes considering there are bright spots like Neal, woolen, and brooks’ tackling.

Kelce might shatter jamaal charles’ fantasy football record score. I wouldn’t be surprised for underdog to set his personal receiving yds o/u at like 140.

Chiefs 32
Hawks 23

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The NFL is weird. The Texans should have been throttled by the Chiefs but they were lucky to escape with an OT win.

That gives me serious hope that we could pull out a Christmas Eve Miracle. Likely? No. But man, if you can't admit strange shiz has happened this year, and the margin between teams with great and poor records is slight, I don't know what sport you've been watching.

Come on Hawks. This is the upset we have been waiting for all year. You are due.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The NFL is weird. The Texans should have been throttled by the Chiefs but they were lucky to escape with an OT win.

That gives me serious hope that we could pull out a Christmas Eve Miracle. Likely? No. But man, if you can't admit strange shiz has happened this year, and the margin between teams with great and poor records is slight, I don't know what sport you've been watching.

Come on Hawks. This is the upset we have been waiting for all year. You are due.

We might be on the inside looking in - but I think you're right - we're due for 'something'.

Mahomes. I don't like the guy - have said that before, several times. BUT - watching yesterday - I had to give the dude some credit. He made a couple of cross the body throws for like 50 or 60 yards on the run - that 'few' people could make - let alone successfully.

They're a tiger - that's for sure. I hope that 'locking up the division' lets them take the foot off the gas pedal for a week. It would be nice to catch a breather.

Our middle of the road (great when firing) offense against their middle of the pack defense? Ok, I'm listening. Our crappy defense (great for 4 weeks when Irvin did the coaches job and motivated players) against their TOP of the pack offense? Not so great.

You're right. Jags over Cowboys? Ha! KC should have killed yesterday and didn't. There's a bunch of that going around - so you're correct - any given sunday.

We should have been ABSOLUTELY KILLED against the 49ers (full disclosure - we put the game on FF for about 50% of it). If Mahomes and company take a small breather and we WAKE UP and realize that winning out with some effort is worth the trouble?

Hawks 24 - KC 21.

If not. It's gonna be a bloodbath ;) It would sure be nice to sneak in the backdoor to the playoffs. Still possible if they can get their heads on right. C'mon OCTOBER hawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
On one hand, I can see an absolute blowout. But, after seeing KC struggle against 2 of the worst teams in football in back to back weeks? We should be able to give them a game. At least for 3 quarters. But, with this defense? I could also see KC getting a 40 burger.

KC wins 30-23

rjdriver

Reaction score
We've been laying eggs in Arrowhead since the 70's. Even some of our good 80's teams couldn't get out of there alive in must win situations.

Our franchise record there stands at 5 wins 21 losses.

That's right 5-21

Who is going to cover Kelce? Barton???

If we can run the ball and keep their O off the field, it might be respectable, but there is no way we are winning this game on the road against an Andy Reid coached, Mahomes led Chiefs squad.

C'mon Seahawks, surprise me!

Chiefs 31 Seahawks 20

rjdriver

Reaction score
I hope that 'locking up the division' lets them take the foot off the gas pedal for a week. It would be nice to catch a breather.

No one wants to travel to Buffalo for the AFCCG ....

They are going all out for home field advantage and a bye.

The good news is that they should be playing "full strength" against the Broncos as well when they meet in week 17.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
28- 20 for the Chiefs. Geno makes it closer at the end but the Chiefs O is just better than our D as they remained in control the whole game.

Last edited:

Keyhawk

Reaction score
If we can't defeat Carolina at home, we're certainly not going to defeat KC at their stadium. We lose this one. So let's jump ahead to next week. We will get the win over the Jets..