Are We just too Hurt to expect A lot?

RW92

Reaction score
This post goes out to all of the daily followers for the Hawks. First of all I love our team. And I don't get the
opportunity to post too often due to my busy life. So I pose a question to us all at during this Holiday Season; are we just too hurt to expect a lot from our team?

I know I've been critical of Tyler the past few games. But with his injury and recovery from the flu, he appears to be a step slower.
God only knows how well Ansah and Clowney will play come next week and into the playoffs. Because as we all know, a pass rush is essential to be successful in the playoffs.

Additionally the offensive line has taken a hit from the injury bug as well. How much can this team absorb?

And now with the latest suspensions, which almost appear to me as a conspiracy theory, it definitely has put a damper on my Super Bowl aspirations.

I'm hoping for those who follow the Hawks a little closer than I, can shed some positive light on the rest of the season.

The one thing I can tell you is that, I see a positive light at the end of the tunnel no matter what happens between now and the end of January. Because this team appears to be moving in the right direction. And like everyone else I hope for the miracle. We'll just have to see what happens and not be disappointed if the Hawks fall short. Especially if not at full strength.

Go Hawks!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We're never too hurt for the faithful to expect a lot. But we're hurt bad enough it's gonna take a lot from lesser known guys to come out with the W in this MUST WIN. We'll find a way. I'm taping up my fingernails pregame! LOL

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I think our expectation should be lowered, but look at the initial reaction against Carolina.

We didn’t have Ansah, Clowney, Griffin, and Kendrick. Then, we lost Diggs, Wagner and Hill. Yet, everyone was extremely harsh. I do and don’t get this reaction.

That said, our depth chart is better then one would think. Maybe, that’s why some were harsh last week.
-Jones played well subbing for Fluker, Hollister moved from PS to one of Russ’ primary targets. Barton had ten tackles last week.

So, like most, the next man up mentality lives on .Net and I’m excited and I expect to see who will emerge from the depth chart and play well.

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3ib8kghp said:
I think our expectation should be lowered, but look at the initial reaction against Carolina.

We didn’t have Ansah, Clowney, Griffin, and Kendrick. Then, we lost Diggs, Wagner and Hill. Yet, everyone was extremely harsh. I do and don’t get this reaction.

That said, our depth chart is better then one would think. Maybe, that’s why some were harsh last week.
-Jones played well subbing for Fluker, Hollister moved from PS to one of Russ’ primary targets. Barton had ten tackles last week.

So, like most, the next man up mentality lives on .Net and I’m excited and I expect to see who will emerge from the depth chart and play well.

Well it truly showed. Coaching will only take you so far. Talent is a much needed commodity.

Rat

Reaction score
Probably, but I'd still expect a hard fought battle and something resembling pride. Not whatever that was this week.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
RW92":jylf39wp said:
truehawksfan":jylf39wp said:

Well it truly showed. Coaching will only take you so far. Talent is a much needed commodity.
Coaching was god awful too though....

sutz

Reaction score
Probably, especially now with no RBs and a big dropoff at LT.

davidonmi

Reaction score
at this point yes.

Carson, Penny and Brown all getting hurt in december is ridiculous (not to mention dissly earlier). Those are the cornerstones of our run game, which is our identity. you cannot survive that.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Im not trying to be negative but it is what it is. I really don’t seeing us winning another game. That might be stating the obvious but we are going to end the season with three loses. Pretty sad that the cardinals literally ruined our season.

Hopefully we can get healthy in the offseason and draft well and contend again next year. It was a fun year and another year in the playoffs. I really think we had a chance if we would of went into the tourney 100% healthy.

Great year, GO HAWKS!

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Yes, a big part of making a playoff run is health and our luck has run out in that respect. Overachieving season on the whole given the talent level but it's all but over now. A win next week or on the road at the 3 or 4 seed will be a pleasant surprise

Elemas

Reaction score
They fought hard. Others will say injuries are part of the game. I agree but, when you get down to your 4th string RB...not taking anything away from Homer...

It's just not sustainable.

No way we beat SF...nor do we win a playoff game. It would be a miracle.

Proud of this team either way. This season wasn't supposed to be this good for the Hawks. Helluva "rebuild" year.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
We have lost a boat load of starters. We are essentially playing with the replacements. We have not been healthy all year. The injuries have devastated our team. It will be a miracle if we get out of the first round. The Niners will probably beat us up pretty good. With the loss of our top 3 running backs we will be pretty one dimensional. It will not be hard to defend against us. We are 27th in pressuring the QB in the league. Not a good stat. Injuries have done us in here too. On offense we have lost 2-3 guys on the line including Britt our center. Russ is getting pressured much more because our present line cannot block. It is tough to watch this. I do not expect a lot from this team under this present situation. It just the injuries it is who is injured that makes the difference.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Eight starters out for this game, two more suspended. That's a lot to overcome.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
You are just like us now. Decimated by injuries all over the field. Yeah it's hard to be as good with that for any team.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1v8ecxjr said:
You are just like us now. Decimated by injuries all over the field. Yeah it's hard to be as good with that for any team.

Niners too have had injuries.

Not sure you are going into next week with your 4th string running back (and nobody else) along with 7 or 8 of your best 10 players done/out/gimpy/suspended, but you have had some issues to overcome as well.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1g4vxjp5 said:
SanDiego49er":1g4vxjp5 said:

Niners too have had injuries.

Not sure you are going into next week with your 4th string running back (and nobody else) along with 7 or 8 of your best 10 players done/out/gimpy/suspended, but you have had some issues to overcome as well.

With the defensive line, linebackers, offensive line I think we are down something like 8 starters. Our pass rush in particular which was all world in the beginning of the season has been really decimated by injuries. Some of those guys are coming back for the playoffs. Some will miss the playoffs.

But yeah a 4th string RB is unheard of and really terrible. He probably doesn't even know the plays real well. Also your offensive line is really beat up. I know you guys are really injured. But we are too. Trust me. But in some ways we have and will have guys coming back. It seems the 49ers are just on the edge of starting to get a bit more healthy. Where the Seahawks are getting more injured. At the wrong time of the season no doubt.

I don't know how it will all play out. But we are nowhere near healthy either. I can tell you that. To be honest I've been surprised to see us still keep winning at least for the most part. I mean we have some losses in there. But for the most part we have kept winning. But they have been high scoring shootouts. You can't win all of those. Sometimes you can lose those too. Your defense has to hold the other teams down a little to have a real consistent chance to win. With a fully healthy defense we were awesome. With a decimated defense we have been much more shaky but still winning a lot of them. But not all of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
But lets add more games to the schedule per NFL, this is why players are against it even cutting out two ore season games which the Vets hardly play in anyway.