Are the SeaHawks.....

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Seahawks are clearly a better team. The problem is that if the 49ers get the bounces and ref assistance, they might win.

But if I were a fan of some random AFC team from the outside looking in, I'd be 99% sure Seattle was winning next week. It's just that perspective from being so close to the team and having almost too much info about them has me thinking and overthinking this matchup.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Clearly?
Nothing has been so unclear imo.
think Ali-Frazier.....anything can happen in this next one between two great teams.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
NFC Championship is within the NFC West and that's what it should be. What a great thing both of our teams have going. Like others have said these two teams know each other very well and it's going to come down to who makes the mistake at the end of the game. The advantage goes to Seattle for their home field. Also, it is EXTREMELY difficult to win four straight games on the road against quality opponents so I question if the 49ers have enough gas in the tank. Being able to move the ball against a good Carolina defense in the second half is a confidence builder.

Lynch is a beast and Russell hasn't had to do much thanks to your elite defense. Will be a closer game this time around given the high stakes.

This is a game for the ages.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BayAreafbfan":3jnz8rmb said:
NFC Championship is within the NFC West and that's what it should be. What a great thing both of our teams have going. Like others have said these two teams know each other very well and it's going to come down to who makes the mistake at the end of the game. The advantage goes to Seattle for their home field. Also, it is EXTREMELY difficult to win four straight games on the road against quality opponents so I question if the 49ers have enough gas in the tank. Being able to move the ball against a good Carolina defense in the second half is a confidence builder.

Lynch is a beast and Russell hasn't had to do much thanks to your elite defense. Will be a closer game this time around given the high stakes.

This is a game for the ages.

Honestly I'm trying to be unbiased and being unbiased I still think the Seahawks win, our secondary and d line know how to shut Kaep down and the run D will be better as well. Should be a great game, may the better team win!

49ers

Reaction score
pmedic920":1oaxeakp said:
Playing better football than the 49ers at this point in time?
I asked myself this question and didn't like the answer.
Would a couple of y'all tell me how wrong and stupid I am.
Include a few reasons if you don't mind.
I don't think using past results is a good predictor of future outcomes.

Both teams have the talent and tools to win this game. The team that prepares the best, and executes on Sunday, will be the team that heads to New York, regardless of who has been "playing better football" in recent weeks.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I look to last year for a bit of perspective.

We were 11-5, the 5 seed and the hottest team in the NFL outside of Denver. hyped like a nightmare matchup if we could pull off road wins.

They were 11-4-1 NFC West Champions, the 2 seed had some late season disappointments and brought questions both offensively and defensively into the playoffs.

The situations are pretty well reversed now. Riding a hot streak into the playoffs and being hyped up as the team nobody wanted to face didn't carry us to our goal last year. Both the Superbowl champions and the bridesmaid didn't appear to be juggernauts.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
rideaducati":uf9j4te8 said:
Looking at the "competition" they've played recently, I think their "great play" is a rouse. I see the 12th man getting into Kaep's head again and their offense flailing around to no avail next week. Hopefully, Bevell continues his mastery of play calling against the whiners at home. :thirishdrinkers:

Remember, the whiners were coming off a blowout win vs the Packers while the Seahawks barely hung on to beat Carolina last time they played in the Clink...we all know how that turned out. I expect a similar result this time around.
I hope you're right about Bevell. TBO the Ninners playcalling is balanced and less predictable. Their pass plays are well designed to free up their more physical receivers. Kaep carries out his fakes as good as Cam. Thank goodness we have HFA and a great defense. 12th Man has to bring it. RW has to not over think his options and use his great instincts. Like he says "Just trust your eyes".

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
You know what's hilarious? Niners fans say stuff like "Greg Roman is too predictable; see how Darrell Bevell lets Russell Wilson create?" Then we say the opposite.

Being the OC must be the worst. Everyone thinks they can call a better game than you, and I can only imagine how that thought has become more prevalent the more people play Madden.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Panthers Forums are a nuclear death cloud of aids for their OC right now.
I can't blame Roman really, Kap either hits his receivers or totally misses these days, and has been lucky as hell in dropped ints.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":38h7c8r7 said:
You know what's hilarious? Niners fans say stuff like "Greg Roman is too predictable; see how Darrell Bevell lets Russell Wilson create?" Then we say the opposite.

Being the OC must be the worst. Everyone thinks they can call a better game than you, and I can only imagine how that thought has become more prevalent the more people play Madden.

Great post. I have done that myself on many occasions. LOL!!