Are the 49ers Better than the Seahawks?

LTH

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2gxuxg56 said:
ZagHawk":2gxuxg56 said:
LTH":2gxuxg56 said:
MO Hawk":2gxuxg56 said:
The standings as of today say yes.

They are beating teams that we barely beat by a lot. Huge difference over last year. I'm sure Richard Sherman has the game against Seattle circled on his calendar. The whole NFC West is a lot better this year, so far.

Is SF better than us this year?

I dont think it's reasonable to compare the teams they have both played and make the assumption that the 9ers are better because the scored more points or gave up fewer in there wins against the same team because there are to many different factors that affect play.

Majority of fans do that.

Largely because in the absence of head to head and final W-L record, how else are you going to compare teams? Just like playoff seeding it goes by W-L record then head to head then common opponents. Right now all we have is common opponents.

Well different players match up differently . teams have different philosophies both defensively and offensively... Plus the Seahawks will definately be a different team week one vs week 10. there are injuries and momentum changes just to name a few factors.

LTH

xray

Reaction score
Seymour said:
Right now they are playing better and have dominated at times when we are barely squeaking by.

How can anyone say we are the better team right now? I can't. But we also play our best ball late in the year so time will tell how this pans out.[/quo

Most good teams play better late in the season . Nobody should count on that as a given though . I hope they get their 10 wins early and maybe tack on another 1 or 2 late .

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3r7qeubz said:
Offense
QB - Seahawks (but Shanahan's scheming reduces the differential)

Running game - wash with Juicy out

O-Line - SF

WR - Wash

Advantage - Seattle, barely.

Defense
D-line - wash

LB - Seattle barely

Secondary - SF

Advantage SF because they will give our O-line fits.

I'm really glad this game comes later in the season when we typically start to hit our stride, and we have some tape on them. There really isn't any advantage to having tape on us since you already know what we are going to do.

SF has the same feel, to me, that the Hawks did, the year before we won the Super Bowl. Nice to see the rivalry reignited.

Their Defensive Line will be the reason this group gets close to a Lombardi, We are barely beating people that their defensive unit has been manhandling. Im a Hawks fan and even I can see that the 49er's defense is legit and much better than the Seahawks in terms of DL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2y6n26wg said:
Aros":2y6n26wg said:
Their defense is legit, but...

Russell Wilson > Jimmy Garoppolo

The ultimate equalizer.

I greatly agree russ is better however legit defenses shut down top Qbs and offenses a lot. We know this as well as anyone.

Have you ever seen Russ be shut down by ANY defense, ever?

Me neither.

chris98251

Reaction score
We need to just take care of business for another month till game time, it won't matter if we don't. 49ers slash running game means we better stop trying to do to much on defense and stay at home and pressure in our lanes, they have quick backs that have historically gave us fits. We typically handle power big backs well most games but quick and shifty has been a back breaker at times.

I think we will see a step up by game 8 or 9 anyway just about the time we have the 49ers on our radar. It will be a good game.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":mgnkir2n said:
Shanegotyou11":mgnkir2n said:
Aros":mgnkir2n said:
Their defense is legit, but...

Russell Wilson > Jimmy Garoppolo

The ultimate equalizer.

I greatly agree russ is better however legit defenses shut down top Qbs and offenses a lot. We know this as well as anyone.

Have you ever seen Russ be shut down by ANY defense, ever?

Me neither.

Yes. Vs GB twice. Vs Niners in harbaugh days. We scored 5 points vs Tb a cpl years back. We scored 6 vs AZ. I mean top QBs get shut down vs top defenses. To say Russ has never been shut down is homerism at its finest.

John63

Reaction score
HawkStrong":300hyek1 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1183826682165235712

And so lets look at the offenses they have faced; 1 top 10 offense by yards. 1 top 10 by scoring. Over all they have faced offenses with an avg ranking of 17th. Not to say they are a bad team, obviously they are a good team, but how good remains to be seen.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Currently? Yes. I can't argue that the Hawks are better right now.

One thing I thought about was the lack of 'national' attention for the 49ers. I'm sure that is going to change now. I somehow get the feeling that if the Hawks & 49ers had their last 3 season swapped and the Hawks were the team at 5-0 playing like the 49ers are then the amount of steam raised around here for respect would be astonishing. And I believe the 49ers are considered a 'legacy' team, right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is please be mindful of how good the Hawks have been in the last 20 years.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am not going to worry about the Whiners until we play them. Is it a surprise that they have that talent now? Nope. That’s what you get when you bottom feed for a few seasons and your rival has a bitter, ungrateful and jealous former all-pro jump ship. F bomb Sherman. I only wish him the worst. This fan base of ours just makes me :34853_doh: .
Never, ever happy. Our team IS ALWAYS competitive and has been since Carroll took over and even more so since we drafted Russell. We have an awesome, successful franchise. We should be very thankful. I know I am. Did you know The Seahawks and The Patriots are the 2 most hated franchises? Success breeds contempt and hate. The Whiners will crash and burn in a couple years while we will still be competing with the best. Enjoy this ride folks. It’s been wonderful. :2thumbs:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
John63":1qukdjd8 said:
HawkStrong":1qukdjd8 said:

And so lets look at the offenses they have faced; 1 top 10 offense by yards. 1 top 10 by scoring. Over all they have faced offenses with an avg ranking of 17th. Not to say they are a bad team, obviously they are a good team, but how good remains to be seen.

They've mostly played the same opponents Hawks have...

John63

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3q7c7y23 said:
John63":3q7c7y23 said:
HawkStrong":3q7c7y23 said:

They've mostly played the same opponents Hawks have...

I don't disagree, but I am not the one saying they are so much better their defense is going to remove Wilson MVP chances or any of that. All I did is point out that they have not played many great offenses, so we really don't know.

Boycie

Reaction score
You can’t compare records vs scores vs opponents because each team has a different game plan for each opponent . So just because the Niners kicked ass against the browns doesn’t mean they are better than us like a lot of you are saying.

hawks85

Reaction score
Aros":49ox1wjv said:
The good news is that we historically are best in the latter part of the season, and the fact that we are 5-1 without hitting on all cylinders yet is a very, very good sign.

BRING IT ON!!
Yup, a lot of people are not taking consideration that we are not hitting on all cylinders. Reed may be the answer as far as opening things up or just need more time to gel. Either way that front will be scary. The million dollar question is when. A lot of people were expecting immediate results. I knew it would take awhile.

seahawks08

Reaction score
We will be better than them when we play them. We will almost be underdogs, that in national TV, it make s a lot of difference. Our players have all played in adversity and am hoping we will start clicking in all cylinders. I just wished Will Dissly was still available.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Four of the Seahawks five wins have come against common opponents of the 9ers.

The Seahawks beat those four teams by a combined 8 points.

The 49ers beat those four teams by a combined 69 points.

Who knows what ends up happening, but I think it takes a heavy dose of fan logic to argue that the 9ers haven't been better so far (which tbf had surprised me as much as anybody).

Boycie

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2rqtj30a said:

Who knows what ends up happening, but I think it takes a heavy dose of fan logic to argue that the 9ers haven't been better so far (which tbf had surprised me as much as anybody).

Again, scores do not matter. Other teams match up differently against other teams. We have this years MVP under centre, and I’m not worried about the Niners. The Rams were also missing some key personnel, and that shouldn’t be over looked.

chris98251

Reaction score
JohnGlenn":2y5hk9gi said:
Robert Saleh has been the first Pete Carroll disciple to properly evolve from the original scheme. More match stuff being done along with some new flood the coverage 3x1 rules. Very interesting. And, of course, an elite pass rush helps everything.

Being able to bring the Horses in to the positions you need much like we did with Avril, Bennett, Clemons, moving Bryant to DE, etc got us going and we kept going by tapping the right players at the right time, as well as having the right fit and experience in the secondary is a big factor, 49ers are gelling, we have a lot of moving pieces and as long as they are moving they can't play downhill as much, too much thinking instead of just playing.

Hope we get there soon.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":kw8eo5oq said:

49ers are red hot.

Im hoping both teams continue this trajectory until the game in November. Will make for a good one

Latest posts