Any Carroll defenders now?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I've been beating this drum for years. We've slowly been watching the Seahawks decline, it's just that people looked away. PLAYOFFS!! Ya'll said, or "we remember the 90s" ironically, by sticking with Carroll, this team is going right back to that era. We're witnessing a 70 year old coach attempting to rebuild a franchise. Years of people deflecting by saying "well who's better?" when they refused to look at the truth dead in the eye.

Carroll is done in the NFL. We're watching the dismantling of the Seahawks live. It was a good run, but it's time that the Seahawks move on. Carroll has tanked this franchise. It's a valuable lesson in life, sometimes you have to know when to move on. I think if Paul Allen was alive he'd either be shown the door or have his GM privileges revoked.

JS/PC traded Russell Wilson away for close to the same value we spent on a SS, think about that for a moment. This reminds me of the Trojans before Pete left. Buckle up, we're in for a rough one boys and girls.

keasley45

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3vdgil4l said:
I've been beating this drum for years. We've slowly been watching the Seahawks decline, it's just that people looked away. PLAYOFFS!! Ya'll said, or "we remember the 90s" ironically, by sticking with Carroll, this team is going right back to that era. We're witnessing a 70 year old coach attempting to rebuild a franchise. Years of people deflecting by saying "well who's better?" when they refused to look at the truth dead in the eye.

Carroll is done in the NFL. We're watching the dismantling of the Seahawks live. It was a good run, but it's time that the Seahawks move on. Carroll has tanked this franchise. It's a valuable lesson in life, sometimes you have to know when to move on. I think if Paul Allen was alive he'd either be shown the door or have his GM privileges revoked.

JS/PC traded Russell Wilson away for close to the same value we spent on a SS, think about that for a moment. This reminds me of the Trojans before Pete left. Buckle up, we're in for a rough one boys and girls.

JS/PC traded RW for the best offer they could get from the limited number of teams they had to choose from. They could have gotten more from a team like Washington but Russ refused to consider them. So before you go heaping blame on them, they got the best offer they could from the team Russ preferred.

What were the other offers? Don't know that there were any that have been reported other than those two. Think about that. All world, HOF RW draws limited interest on the trade market.

I think they had a tough choice to make and made a good one. Russ didn't want to play here in the way this team has decided now is most productive for him and them after watching him work now for 10 years. Seems to a man everyone was happy with the strategy we deployed over the last 5 games of the season last year - Run biased playcalling and passing off of the run. Everybody but Russ.

Russ wants to prove that his legacy is one that wasn't made on the back of an all time great defense and running game. He cant do that here the way HE wants to. He wanted out. We let him out. And now we will reload and get D Watson in the house.

I think they're doing a pretty good job.

Elemas

Reaction score
D. “Rub my D*ck” Watson? From $40M to $40M QB?

I’m doubting this. Here’s where I actually agree with PC (left with no choice as he dumped my favorite player). I think he’s looking to get that old thing back. If he’s smart, he’ll shy away from QBs in this draft. Stay away from high priced FAs, and nab us a good old top 5 pick next year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we get Watson, we at least are not screwed.

I don't think Carroll can compete as a playoff coach. He is probably a bottom tier coach at this point his career. And may have been a bottom-tier gameday coach for his entire NFL career but offset but incredible player development back then.

But he does have a system for finding stars. Maybe he will still use it. That will help offset his godawful gameday coaching. Someone like Watson will make a big difference, maybe even let us keep guys like DK. We would need to keep Tyler though and it sounds like we might not?

If we get Watson, we can at least squeak into the playoffs. I don't care if he hires 'massage providers' who advertise on 'massage & more' sites. He avoids sacks, comes back in the 4th, throws long, and throws TDs - that is all that matters.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3k9chg7s said:

What does Pete have to do with yesterday?

You think we pay Russ 50 million if McVay is the coach??

No way

Yesterday was a good business decision regardless of who is at the helm

hoxrox

Reaction score
It's a win/win for both sides.

Russ gets to go to a team with an offensive-minded HC and he doesn't have to face Aaron Donald twice a year.

Seahawks can now reload the roster and rebuild younger, faster, stronger.

Sometimes you gotta take one step back to move two steps forward. With or without Russell, this team wasn't winning a SB in 2022.

justafan

Reaction score
Well he could have pulled a Payton act and mortgage the future leaving the team in cap hell then quit.

I didnt think he would pull the trigger on the trade considering the dead money hit on Wilsons contract and I am bummed that he did,but this team is in pretty good shape with draft capitol and not too bad as far cap room. Whether he sticks it out for another rebuild or not, at least he didnt hamstring the Hawks or the next front office if he decides to retire or gets fired.
The mistakes were made and there isnt any sense in whining about them. I'm still a fan and I'm looking forward to the roster churn.

acctingman

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this is a playoff team with Watson needs to check into rehab.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
I'm not ready to say he's washed up. They were 10-6, 11-5, and 12-4 leading up to last year's disaster. Nobody goes to six straight Super Bowls.

Of course, by cutting ties with Rusty and Wagner, they buy themselves probably two years of rebuild time...

AgentDib

Reaction score
Brady set a tempting precedent for veteran QBs. If you find a team that has been building up draft capital and talent for years due to bad QB play and then add a good QB you suddenly have a championship contender.

I don't blame Russ for wanting to capitalize on that, and I think he's almost certain to win more games in Denver this year than he would have in Seattle. He gets the benefit of a team coming off five losing seasons in a row without having to experience the rebuild himself.

It is bizarre to me that a few here think that Russ wasn't a major driver of this trade despite all the reports, and that it somehow makes more sense to them that the oldest coach in the NFL wanted to do a complete rebuild.

sdog1981

Reaction score
We are about to see if Pete is going to commit to his philosophy of 'Always Compete'. The team currently lacks an owner who cares about any of the sports teams they own.

Now the grand experiment will begin. Can Pete and John build the forever young team? Constantly bringing in draft picks and hungry vets. Pete is going to claw back his NCAA success by keeping the team young and getting rid of players that stay too long.

Pete is like ice cream, it's awesome, but if you eat it all the time you will get sick of it. 5 years seems the be the most a player can handle Pete before they tune out his message.

keasley45

Reaction score
GemCity":7jidk380 said:
D. “Rub my D*ck” Watson? From $40M to $40M QB?

I’m doubting this. Here’s where I actually agree with PC (left with no choice as he dumped my favorite player). I think he’s looking to get that old thing back. If he’s smart, he’ll shy away from QBs in this draft. Stay away from high priced FAs, and nab us a good old top 5 pick next year.

Yeah, nit to be confused with Robert "sit on my d¡€k" Craft. There's a hearing Friday to determine to a degree Watson's fate. I think the NFL doesn't want to step into a well of hypocrisy and sit Watson again after he already sat one season, when R Craft 'took a dip' in a house for human trafficking and got a slap on the ass for the crime.

Watson gets off Friday. A determination is issued ny the NFL on his suspension ( if he does miss time, it won't be the whole season) , and by next weekend, he's in seahawks blue.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/hous ... ell-wilson

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
To all the people saying all the team needed was a game manager type QB, you are about to get your wish. Enjoy the 4 to 6 win seasons for the next 10 years. At least the answer of 'was it Russ or Pete' will be answered.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3mmfk4it said:
To all the people saying all the team needed was a game manager type QB, you are about to get your wish. Enjoy the 4 to 6 win seasons for the next 10 years. At least the answer of 'was it Russ or Pete' will be answered.

What the team needs is a player that can move the chains consistently within the plays called on offense. Absent that, you can't plan, scheme or make logical adjustments.

The FO saw what they had in Russ and didn't value him the same way he valued himself. There are a lot of fans that see it the same way.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm fully behind Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

This whole situation was created by Russell Wilson, and his idiot Agent, Mark Rodgers setting him up with the Dan Patrick Interview. That violated Rule #1, "Always Protect the Team." Instead. RW put the Seahawks, and his offensive line on blast.

All the other players on the team have short NFL careers, yet here's the guy making more money than they'll ever see, complaining about their play, and worrying about his Legacy.

When Matthew Stafford and Aaron Donald were asked about their Legacy, they basically said "I don't worry about that stuff, it's all about working hard and playing hard for your teammates."

Wilson in the meantime is talking about all the great stuff he's going to do, putting out his cologne, a clothing line, wanting to own a team, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love Russell, and I'm glad he's that ambitious, but he and his agent never took the thoughts and feelings of his teammates and all the assistant coaches in to consideration.

I think he's sincerely going to regret going to Denver. They're in flux, newish GM., new Head Coach, ownership is unsettled. What if they get a Mike Brown (Bengals) or Houston Texans type owner?

Lat year after the Dan Patrick issue, Carson Palmer was interviewed about Russell giving the Seahawks 4 teams that he'd be willing to be traded to. (Absolutely foolish picks!) Carson said "You have to be careful about thinking that the Grass is Greener on the other side of the fence, because a lot of times when you get over there, it's all manure"

I was angry yesterday because my feelings were hurt. But after getting through all that, I wish Russell Wilson the best, but I'm a Seahawks fan. And after Aaron Rodgers contract came out, it's easy to see why Pete and John had to move on.

I'm sure they have some ideas about our next QB, just as long as it isn't Jordan Love, aka Charlie Whitehurst.

Good luck Russell Wilson, and Go Hawks!

justafan

Reaction score
keasley45":n022107x said:
pittpnthrs":n022107x said:

What the team needs is a player that can move the chains consistently within the plays called on offense. Absent that, you can't plan, scheme or make logical adjustments.

The FO saw what they had in Russ and didn't value him the same way he valued himself. There are a lot of fans that see it the same way.