Anthony Richardson only praised Pete after interviewing with teams

James in PA

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be something if, after all this hype, AR has a Malik Willis tumble down draft boards?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Anthony Richardson threw for 2,500 yards with 17 td and 9 int leading the gators to a 6-7 record. Can we calm the hell down on him.
With a couple years of doing nothing but working on his craft, which is what he would have done had he stayed in college, he could be the best player in the nfl. Most of his issues are correctable. If JS thinks he's the real deal, I'm all in. And if not, not.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
With a couple years of doing nothing but working on his craft, which is what he would have done had he stayed in college, he could be the best player in the nfl. Most of his issues are correctable. If JS thinks he's the real deal, I'm all in. And if not, not.
This isn't the NBA draft, you don't draft projects in the top 5.

WarHawks

Reaction score
No matter who takes him and where, I hope we can re-visit this thread in a couple years and see how it ages. I think it will be very enlightening.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Richardson interviewed with most teams in the league, but he only praised Pete Carroll, and no close talker stuff.

Living in Reno and having to watch Colin Kaepernick for years with the Pack and Niners, he couldn’t hit an open back or wr and air mailed them constantly. Yes, for a couple years, he was a threat with his legs, until Harbaugh tried to make him a pocket passer. The rest is history. I can see the same here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Living in Reno and having to watch Colin Kaepernick for years with the Pack and Niners, he couldn’t hit an open back or wr and air mailed them constantly. Yes, for a couple years, he was a threat with his legs, until Harbaugh tried to make him a pocket passer. The rest is history. I can see the same here.

Amen. Check out the Lewin QB Forecast. The most accurate predictor of QB success going from College to the NFL. Per their stats, Anthony will fail.

Just because Josh Allen fixed his accuracy issues, doesn't mean any QB can. He has some inexplicable misses, that will continue in the NFL.

ivotuk

Reaction score
WYMAN AND BOB -- Hour 3 - Brock Huard

Brock Huard joins Dave and Bob live in studio to talk about his conversation with Pete Carroll earlier in the day and what he took away from how the negotiations played out between the Seahawks and Geno Smith, what free agency now looks like for the team.

Brock analyzes the quarterback potential at the top of the draft and the risks and rewards that lie with drafting one of them in the top five.

Then, Dave and Bob analyze why Florida offensive lineman O'Cyrus Torrence is the perfect fit at #20.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
WYMAN AND BOB -- Hour 3 - Brock Huard

Brock Huard joins Dave and Bob live in studio to talk about his conversation with Pete Carroll earlier in the day and what he took away from how the negotiations played out between the Seahawks and Geno Smith, what free agency now looks like for the team.

Brock analyzes the quarterback potential at the top of the draft and the risks and rewards that lie with drafting one of them in the top five.

Then, Dave and Bob analyze why Florida offensive lineman O'Cyrus Torrence is the perfect fit at #20.

Before I listen I know Dave is basically a paid employee of the Seahawks: doesn't want to lose access to the Seahawks organization for going against them. I find that true with most of the Seattle sports media.

Torrence is one of the least athletic offensive lineman in the draft and he can only fit in one scheme. He is not a zone scheme offensive lineman (Seahawks scheme).

JPPT1974

Reaction score
Wonder where he would land now that they signed Smith to a huge team as in what team?!

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Wonder where he would land now that they signed Smith to a huge team as in what team?!
Good question. But Smith contract seems to be a one year deal then the Seahawks can get out of it. So all top-5 QBs are still in play.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Pete on the Eisen show about Richardson, and lol, about Sauce.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks take Anthony Richardson at #5 IF he's still available. If not, they take Jalen Carter or Will Anderson. They might trade down if they think Richardson will still be there, say, at #8 or so.

Why take Richardson in top 10 (e.g., #5) ?
IMMEDIATE CONTRIBUTIONS ON OFFENSE (Not just riding the bench)
* In his rookie year, PC can (and would) install packages for him that use his running ability, Taysom Hill style. The "lateral bubble screen run/pass option" could be a thing.
* Richardson at WR on a jet-sweep would cause horrible distraction problems for the D, accounting for that option would open up inside RB runs.
* After watching Jalen Hurts convert 4th and 1 repeatedly, having a 99% option for those situations would be a godsend for the Hawks O.

LONG TERM SUPER-HIGH UPSIDE
* Geno will be asked to mentor him for a couple years, and will do an amazing job developing him, like Alex Smith for Patrick Mahomes.
* I think AR15 is the ONE QB this draft that PC/JS have a man-crush on.
* By his third year, there will be an actual competition for QB1.
* Ceiling would be the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. Never say never. Odds are more like prime Cam Newton, who did have an MVP year in 2015.
* Reasonable possibility, if not Mahomes-level, Jalen Hurts level. That's still pretty darn good.
* By accounts I've heard, Richardson would be a fit, character, culture, and work habits wise. Anyone know otherwise?

As another poster said, in another thread, if Hawks stay at 5, they take Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, or Richardson, whichever is there. Now watch it turn out that PC/JS have a man crush on Bryce Young or CJ Stroud and take one of them...

NoGain

Reaction score
The more that time passes before the draft, the more I believe that the top 4 QB's are gone by at least the 9th pick in the draft.

1) Bears (Probably trade down to a QB hungry team)
2) Houston (QB)
3) Arizona (Either trade down to a QB hungry team or pick their best defensive prospect)
4) Colts (QB)
5) Hawks (Who the eff knows, but QB a possibility)
6) Lions (Real wild card team here, almost anything goes)
7) Las Vegas (QB)
8) Atlanta (Hmm...QB?)
9) Carolina (Desperate for a QB)

Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson...please...all gone by the 9th pick.