ALDS - Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros Oct 11-17

Chapow

Reaction score
SO... everyone wanted Scott as Manager of the Year... watching his playoff moves.. Id rather him be fired

The best lineup he has available to him has scored 0 runs in 15 innings... Yes, let's blame Servais, not the players. That seems super rational.

Chapow

Reaction score
Plus game one he took out Castillo too early

Castillo didn't pitch in game 1, and we've already explained why he took out Gilbert when he did. Because Gilbert has been pretty poor the 3rd time through the lineup for the most part regardless of pitch count.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Castillo didn't pitch in game 1, and we've already explained why he took out Gilbert when he did. Because Gilbert has been pretty poor the 3rd time through the lineup for the most part regardless of pitch count.
Correct, meant Gilbert, my bad. But is he really that bad 3rd time through?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don’t think Festa can pitch that much. The most he ever pitched all season was 2.1 innings.

This is just bad hitting now. We are missing down the middle fastballs.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I just feel it hamstrings us too much when we rely on the bullpen this much. But at the end of the day as you've said. No one has even scored a run yet, so we should blame the bats anyway.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The Ray decision and pitching to Alvarez were the big no-nos. The Gilbert one is debatable....I lean toward not pulling him there. Regardless of any analytics or stats pulling your number 2 starter with a 4 run lead at 84 pitches makes you look really silly if things go wrong and thats what happened.

Chapow

Reaction score
Correct, meant Gilbert, my bad. But is he really that bad 3rd time through?

Opponent average is nearly .300 against Gilbert the 3rd time through the lineup. And that's the average against all teams. The Astros are way better than most teams.

balakoth

Reaction score
The best lineup he has available to him has scored 0 runs in 15 innings... Yes, let's blame Servais, not the players. That seems super rational.
Yeah I forget we havent played two other games and you relate my comments to ONE game..... are you watching? or

balakoth

Reaction score
I don’t think Festa can pitch that much. The most he ever pitched all season was 2.1 innings.

I cant imagine getting paid 10k per pitch basically
Being tired after 15 pitches? Seriously?

Crizilla

Reaction score

I think the smoke is affecting them. 5+ hours outside in that will start to make you feel lightheaded.

balakoth

Reaction score
So... if this next inning we go to the top.. and he puts in Ray against their 2 and then oh yeah Alv 3... ill rest my case yet again

Chapow

Reaction score
So... if this next inning we go to the top.. and he puts in Ray against their 2 and then oh yeah Alv 3... ill rest my case yet again

What other choice does he have? There's no one left. Literally.

cymatica

Reaction score
Maybe he will totally raydeme himself

balakoth

Reaction score
Munoz and Sewald blew it in game 1. We scored 2 runs in game 2.
Based on when they were pitched yes... Sewald in the 7th? Ok? And the pitching picks gave up that lead..... point?