Abe Lucas

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
After watching Evan Neal play like a loose turnstile last night, the Cross/Lucas combo is looking better and better.
I was shocked how bad he played. He looked scared, clueless and had terrible technique.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Neal was facing one of the best Dlines in the game. Not sure you can write him off just yet. And yes had Evan Neal fallen to the hawks they would have picked him. Also Charles Cross hasn't exactly been stellar yet either. Not saying he won't be just saying its early to be doing victory laps. I was stoked we were able to get Lucas in the third by the way. My son and I were giving each other high fives.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Neal was facing one of the best Dlines in the game. Not sure you can write him off just yet. And yes had Evan Neal fallen to the hawks they would have picked him. Also Charles Cross hasn't exactly been stellar yet either. Not saying he won't be just saying its early to be doing victory laps. I was stoked we were able to get Lucas in the third by the way. My son and I were giving each other high fives.
Demarcus Lawrence went right by him. He’s good but not great at 30. His pass blocking was horrible.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I thought Abe Lucas was a first round talent. I still don't know how he slipped all the way to the 3rd round.

Cross is really good but two big time warts are showing right now:

1) His play strength is not holding up against the bull rush. He needs to get stronger and bigger. In time, I think he will.
2) He needs to be in better condition. He's gassed by the 4th quarter and he's giving up sacks during the most important parts of the game. In turn, it is leading to sloppy footwork. You can see it with the sack he gave up to Chubb in the first game, he was leaking by the 4th during the 49ers game. He also gave up a sack late during the Falcons as well.

Polk738

Reaction score
After watching Evan Neal play like a loose turnstile last night, the Cross/Lucas combo is looking better and better.
Was thinking the exact same thing after watching Evan Neal play, guy looked overmatched on nearly every snap.

Smellyman

Reaction score
If the Giants took Cross, would we draft Evan Neal? Gotta wonder.
It was said they liked Cross better than Neal, but I think they liked the other guy(Can't remember name) better than Cross

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Ike Ekwonu is who you are thinking of. Carolina picked him and he is struggling in pass blocking.

Spohawks

Reaction score
3 games in, he was the steal of the draft...you can't beat perfection.

Cross is going against the top DE that the opposing team could afford...you have to let a little slide considering he is a rookie.