A thought concerning our direction.

Hawk54

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ijkvpan said:
He was connected to the recruiting personally back then at USC, now 9 years later he can’t contribute as much to the equation anymore, and has his faults.

He’s still a great coach but last year the team’s personnel went through an ’all in, Big Balls Pete’ year. The team whiffed b/c of injury on a widely thought of special 3 tech desperately needed by an aging slowing D. JS was complient in helping solve the Cable Fable nonsense with the OLine, but they screwed up the cap plan.now the piper has to be paid. Further as we mostly all agree the OLine was broken and Cable failed to meet any targetted expectations as “Running Game Coordinator” or whatever he was doing poorly. Coabch Bevell hardly knew how to use the broken O the team gave him and yet despite being awful, but for 3 missed FGs the team would have been the NFC-W Champion again, imagine that, after alll that crappy play calling abysymal running game and stilll NFC-W Champions. After the last whiff by our idiot head case PK the post-seasonretrospective showed Pete how screwed up he’d allowed his team to become by keeping the band together and alllowing the team rules to be winked at by some of his the ‘vets’, time for a change. I suspect he was embarrassed by his failure this year. I genuinely think he thought he a winning team but the OLine let him down.

I suspect he was a bit shocked when the whole year was looked at critically and now he wants to fix this situation with JS before he rides of with his reputation still intact. Cable had totally failed at all of his jobs, Bevell was unable to control his QB or use special talents given to him as magic bulllets for a flawed scheme that ceased working effectively when Lynch was hurt/left. His chosen DC wanted to stay but Pete likely thought (my conjecture) the very strong personalities that are presently being traded, released, or cut were not well controlled by Coach Richard and his old friend the very gruff respected Coach Norton was happiily available. Good bye Bevelll , Good Bye Cable, Good Bye Richard, thanks for your time here. Time now foe personnel changes and to fix the screwed up cap situation and the running game.

Expect more significant surprising personnel moves and some interesting draft picks.

I guess that was more than one thought.

Good call. You can't change culture without changing personnel.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2mraauhl said:
Well Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Journey, Guns and Roses, INXS, better get their act together soon. :)

I think bands are a bit different, lead singers think they are bigger then the band and go solo, some work most don't and the band sounds and creative style changes and they fade. They also get older and have less inspiration as far as life experience, Drugs and Love are two of the biggies that people either don't do like they did younger and or they settle down and don't go thru the emotional roller coaster of break ups and new relationships. Just my opinion.

This whole roster and Staff shake up is about putting everyone out of their comfort zone again and having them look over their shoulder and push themselves again.

The problem we all have is we don't know how good the guys that have been sitting in the wings really are yet that will soar or flop once in a game. They have had red shirts all over, I just hope they are not the Star Trek variety.
Well, this feels like the Van Halen with Gary Cherone as lead singer, a half assed effort. If you are going to rebuild, do it fully. Gut the house completely except Russ, and Earl and Brown. Trade Bobby, Doug and all highpriced veteran talent, away for draft picks and cap space. Never thought I’d say that but I’d rather go that route than half assing it. You wanna go young? Stop talking about it and do it!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":2eyc1yt8 said:
purge should have started after superbowl loss with coaches heads rolling. see if they bought in with a new set up if not the player purge would happen the year after, would not be in this mess just my opinion, 4 years of waste caught up this year...... .

Yep they screwed the pooch hanging on to the 2 turds on the offensive coaching staff 3 years too long.
If they were held accountable THEN, this situation would be easier to swallow today. They could of also avoided the crapstorm of the past couple of years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":3op3r620 said:
purge should have started after superbowl loss with coaches heads rolling. see if they bought in with a new set up if not the player purge would happen the year after, would not be in this mess just my opinion, 4 years of waste caught up this year...... .

Yep they screwed the pooch hanging on to the 2 turds on the offensive coaching staff 3 years too long.
If they were held accountable THEN, this situation would be easier to swallow today. They could of also avoided the crapstorm of the past couple of years.

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":thtf01y1 said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":thtf01y1 said:

I think you are spot-on and absolutely no one is going to convince me otherwise.

Latest posts