A Reason for Optimism

sam1313

Reaction score
saw this comment on the Seahawkdraftblog, maybe it was one of you guys, but I though it was pretty uplifting:

bballpapa says:

October 29, 2013 at 9:04 am

Yes that was as ugly as it gets, but let’s take a deep breath people…No NFL team has ever played 5 road games in a row and it is extremely rare to play 4 of 5 on the road like we just did. Only two teams in the NFL have had to play 5 road games so far and the Giants are 1-4. Seahawk teams of old haven’t played well on the road no matter the opponent. This Seahawks team is 4-1 on the road! In two straight Division road games we are 2-0! Special seasons are made of these! No matter how ugly, our Seahawks of the past don’t win these games. Let’s take a deep breath and celebrate what is shaping up to be a special season! Our coaching staff now has the opportunity to show us their championship make up to correct our issues. But let’s not lose sight of what we have just accomplished! No other team in the NFL this season has faced this adversity – not even close! So take the 7-1 and shout from the roof top 12th man!

By comparison with the other “Top” teams. Denver and KC have both played 5 home games and the Saints have played only 3 road games (with a 2-1 record) and have already had a bye week! I would argue that those “Top” teams have not come close to the adversity that the Seahawks have faced – period!

GO HAWKS!!!!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Works for me. 4 out of 5 with two 10am starts is pretty brutal. We need to make some hay here in the next 3 weeks. After that, the Saints, 9ers and Giants (10am) is going to be tough sledding.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pete is always preachin' "1-0" this next game. We bounced back from that Indy loss.....let's see what happens this Sunday.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":yyoetnwy said:
Works for me. 4 out of 5 with two 10am starts is pretty brutal. We need to make some hay here in the next 3 weeks. After that, the Saints, 9ers and Giants (10am) is going to be tough sledding.
Even with our issues I still see 2-1 in that 3 game set at worst.

hoxrox

Reaction score
More reasons for optimism, from .com

Left tackle Russell Okung (toe) ran yesterday at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis and Carroll said the Pro Bowl offensive lineman is on track for a Week 11 comeback against the Minnesota Vikings. That game marks the earliest possible return date for Okung, who is on the team's Injured Reserve/Designated to Return list.

Carroll said Breno Giacomini (knee) is "hopefully two weeks away," reiterating that the right tackle made a good turn in his recovery from surgery last week.

slipwax

Reaction score
In the preseason, I would have been ecstatic to be 7-1. I am still greatful, but this team does have some warts that need to be fixed. Hopefully this offense can get things figured out in the second half