A question about Geno's contract and Jalen Carter's arrest

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Like I said, a lot of excuses being made for him. If it was your family member that just “died” because of this “kids” negligence you would be livid if he wasn’t prosecuted.
Me personally, I would make his life hell forever.

But hey.. He Balls

And the fact that he is possibly facing misdemeanor charges instead of harsher charges only reinforces the fact that prosecutors apply different measures of justice based on connections. The idea that I would want him in jail for the death of a family member does not make me a “fascist”…I think someone needs to read a book, start with the dictionary.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I will say one part that people are missing is that Carter was likely drunk when racing.. at least thats my understanding since the drive of the other car was quite drunk.

So we should judge him based on your heresay and speculation that he "might have been drunk" because "The person who actually crashed and died was drunk"?

I sure hope your career choice has nothing to do with the law.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I don’t think the NFL will do anything. Why should they? The kid wasn’t even part of the nfl in anyway. That’d be like the NFL suspending your kid for getting in a fight back in high school… kind of over the top of they and and I would think a big overstep on them
It doesn’t sound fair but Goodell did suspend Terrelle Pryor for 5 games for some improper activities when he was at Ohio State I didn’t think it was fair at the time but that is what happens when Judge Dredd is the commissioner

cheese22

Reaction score
Regardless of whether or not the league disciplines him or not, regardless of whether or not he had some responsibility for the wreck, the fact is he left the scene where his friends/acquaintances were dead or dying. I'm not sure that's the kind of guy that a fan base AND teammates will welcome. For a team that emphasized character very strongly last year, this would be 2 steps forward, one big step back.
Anyone making excuses for him is being pretty short sighted IMO.

NoGain

Reaction score
I've been fading on Jalen Carter for awhile now. If it was between him and Will Anderson, I couldn't push the button for Anderson any faster. There's been a pretty steady stream of red flags concerning him of late. Why take the risk with such a high pick?

Chapow

Reaction score
I will say one part that people are missing is that Carter was likely drunk when racing.. at least thats my understanding since the drive of the other car was quite drunk.

"Carter denied racing to the officer, who observed no signs that the 310-pound defensive lineman had been drinking, according to the Journal-Constitution."

I don't think it's very likely that someone goes from drunk to no signs that they had been drinking in less than 2 hours. Especially considering that police are specifically looking for any signs of alcohol consumption in these types of incidents. The smell absolutely does not go away in less than 2 hours if someone has had enough to get drunk.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Why flee the scene? If I see a wreck, particularly one so bad that my friend dies, I would try to help not flee the scene. He either has terrible character or he felt he was going to be arrested for something he knew was wrong/illegal or both.

Chapow

Reaction score
Why flee the scene? If I see a wreck, particularly one so bad that my friend dies, I would try to help not flee the scene. He either has terrible character or he felt he was going to be arrested for something he knew was wrong/illegal or both.

I would assume he got scared and panicked, but I have no idea. I can't fathom seeing an accident like that and just taking off instead of stopping and trying to help.

I just don't know why the police would cover for him if they had any reason to believe he had been drinking. Celebrities and star athletes get DUI's all the time, and quite frankly, Carter isn't really all that big of a star.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I just don't know why the police would cover for him if they had any reason to believe he had been drinking. Celebrities and star athletes get DUI's all the time, and quite frankly, Carter isn't really all that big of a star.
Have you never been to the South or met an SEC fan?

Even if he wasn’t a star player (he is), he wore the G on his helmet and had literally just won a National Title.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I would assume he got scared and panicked, but I have no idea. I can't fathom seeing an accident like that and just taking off instead of stopping and trying to help.

Carter is the best player for a college team in the south the cop didn’t want to be “that guy”

Chapow

Reaction score
Have you never been to the South or met an SEC fan?

Even if he wasn’t a star player (he is), he wore the G on his helmet and had literally just won a National Title.

So are you saying you believe the police are lying?

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned. But maybe the "quarterback interest" is to make other teams desperate to trade up, causing both Anderson and Carter to drop in the draft order.

What if they both came to us? Would we take Anderson and trade up from 20 to pick up the falling Carter? Could we pick up Schmitz at Center? All of our choices after that would be like "icing on the cake"... a Running Back? Safety? We can do what we want and sign the best players available.

And we can also still sign former first round choice, Drew Lock to a minimum contract. Geno can show him how to turn his career around.

Magic 8 ball says...Dynasty!

Last edited:

Kinger95

Reaction score
I know nothing about Jalen Carter but I hope he’s not the next player to flush his career down the toilet with bad decision making and surrounding himself with bad people. Need to do serious digging into wether he’s a risk to be involved with violence/drugs /alcohol/ guns or anything that could give you reason to think he could ever be an off the field risk

Somos doces

Reaction score
I know nothing about Jalen Carter but I hope he’s not the next player to flush his career down the toilet with bad decision making and surrounding himself with bad people. Need to do serious digging into wether he’s a risk to be involved with violence/drugs /alcohol/ guns or anything that could give you reason to think he could ever be an off the field risk
Wow, what intrinsic bias did that come from?

Chapow

Reaction score
Lying about what? No need to lie when the sobriety check is discretionary.

That they observed no signs that he had been drinking.

Again, "Carter denied racing to the officer, who observed no signs that the 310-pound defensive lineman had been drinking, according to the Journal-Constitution."

Look, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I don't know if Carter had been drinking that night or not. All I know is that it has been reported that the police said that they observed no signs that he been drinking. Despite that report, and despite the fact that there are no reports that indicate otherwise, there are quite a few people that are assuming that he had been drinking and running with that narrative like it's an established fact. It's not. You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but none of us know for sure whether or not he had been drinking. We do, however, know that the police said that they did not observe any signs that he had been drinking.

AgentDib

Reaction score
RIP I guess everyone I knew in HS are bad people with character issues and red flags. lol.
Kinda? We all did dumb stuff in HS, but driving over 100 in oncoming traffic lanes isn't just putting your own life at risk. I don't think it's a hot take to say that willfully endangering innocent people's lives is towards of the top of the list of what we consider bad character. The other red flag here is that he had already been warned at least twice by police about reckless driving, so this wasn't a momentary lapse of judgement.