A mind-blowing stat about Aaron Rodgers

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":vmi9pwdu said:
I lean (and hopefully sleep with) Scotte here. The only thing thet we differ on is that defense ever really being good. They got breaks with turnovers and played teams with zero swag offensively that year. The defense played way above their collective heads, it was a charmed season. It happens.

I kind of wonder if they even make the SB that year if they play all the playoff games at home. That team dies in the cold right now.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yup! Plus the one cold game they did play was vs your boy, Cutler.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":x9zc8bk2 said:
Yup! Plus the one cold game they did play was vs your boy, Cutler.
Is that the game where he got pasted by the media for quitting on his team, only to find out he had a torn ACL?
Cutty is kryptonite to body language experts.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, lol, that was awesome. Eventually you just have to stop reading Cutler and chalk it up to befuddled douchiness.

Cutler was a HUGE whiff of mine. I would've let Cutler bang my wife draft day, that's how much I loved his game. I remember watching his first ever game, and coming way even more impressed with a Cal running back that kept his penis once drafted. Bronco's at Bills, I still remember that game for Lynch. I was thinking "who the frick is that maniac...? He's from that pussy school in Berkley?"

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Thread now officially derailed.

Mebane, Forsett, Lynch. Awesome Cal players. And yet I can't think about their roots and not think fair trade coffee.

Chicago should have seen the Cutty coming. Behind the then best OL in ball at Denver, he kept tossing wtf interceptions. He has always had a couple of those every game. Maybe Chigaco thought it was a blood sugar thing? I still think Chicago looked at his low sack totals and thought "Peyton Manning release that prevents sacks", then went and got Martz to further compound the error. Fiasco. Bears fans lament the QB history of their team, but they ought to lament the O-line history of that team.

pehawk

Reaction score
I knew of Lynch, but knew enough to never count on a RB from Cal making it in the NFL. It's like drafting a WR from Michigan. Lynch bucked the trend.

It's NOT derailed, Rogers went to Cal.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There's some evidence that the Packers defense wasn't that great. That was a weak year for defenses; the best defense was Pittsburgh, who finished with a -20.7% DVOA, which is very good; but Green Bay's was #2, at -13.9%. To compare it to 2012, the Seahawks finished with the 4th-ranked defense per DVOA at -14.1%. They'd have finished 2nd in 2010 with that DVOA. (For defensive DVOA, the more negative the number, the better the performance.)

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28v0udo7 said:
There's some evidence that the Packers defense wasn't that great. That was a weak year for defenses; the best defense was Pittsburgh, who finished with a -20.7% DVOA, which is very good; but Green Bay's was #2, at -13.9%. To compare it to 2012, the Seahawks finished with the 4th-ranked defense per DVOA at -14.1%. They'd have finished 2nd in 2010 with that DVOA. (For defensive DVOA, the more negative the number, the better the performance.)

Thats good stuff, iRo.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i123eg7 said:
Take a moment to guess at this, then I'll post the answer. The question is, how many 4th quarter comebacks has Aaron Rodgers led against teams above .500 in his career? (That is, teams that finished the regular season with a winning record.)

Think about it for a moment. I would say a good number for an elite quarterback would be 50%, or something around that number. You can't expect to win 'em all; and they aren't responsible for defensive breakdowns or a great special teams play by the opponent, and stuff like that. Regardless, think about what percentage you consider would be the minimum for any QB to meet if they were elite. 35% of 4th quarter comeback attempts against winning teams needed to be elite? 53%? Whatever that number is, think about it compared to what that number is for Aaron Rodgers, posted below.

***NO PEEKING*** :)

1kzl.png

Here's the pic linked in that Tweet, the proof:

BPzSwQFCAAABXCB

Kearly, Scotte, Absolut, and other NFL minds of the forum; are you guys as blown away by this as I am? I'm flabbergasted. It makes me smile, considering how much of an "NFL Golden Boy" Rodgers is, too; not going to lie. Russell Wilson already has four 4th-quarter comebacks including the playoffs, and all four were against winning teams! http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... r=WilsRu00

What does this say about Aaron Rodgers when the pressure is really on?

Small world . "@GattinoHeat" is my brother and is a Vikings fan.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":k6awdff1 said:
I imagine if this is something that can be proved, it's connected with the zero run game approach of Green Bay. When you don't even have to cover a running back in crunch time, you can devote all your resources to the nickel or the dime.

I think you nailed it sarlacc. All teams have to do is put in a bunch of DBs and rush the passer because the GB O Line suxors.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The one thing to take from this, Pete Carroll is head and shoulders above Mike McCarthy as a head coach. Pete would have noticed these aberrations and found a way to put a stop to them.

Thanks to Vols tireless work ethic it's obvious that a lot of this is bad luck on AR's part, I mean Ponder 3 TDS? But the ultimate responsibility falls on the head of the head (coach). MM is mismanaging his team.

IIRC, their SuperBowl year they had Cullen Jenkins didn't they? He was a bulwark on that defensive line but now it's just BJ and much like Jerrah Jones, Ted Thompson is closing the barn door after the cows have gone. "Oh shit! Our O Line sucks! Draft O Linemen! Oh shit! Our D Line sucks! Draft Perry and that underperforming kid from Michigan State!" Oh shit! Our running game sucks! Draft a couple of random running backs because MM is a great offensive mind and he doesn't need a stud, just look at what he did in the Super bowl year!

Thank God our front office stays ahead of the curve! As a pilot you always learn to stay inside the envelope, not to steep of a climb and certainly not in a tight turn because once you get beyond the envelope it's stall spin and you better have room to recover! There's an old saying in aviation, "If you want to go up, pull back on the stick, if you want to go down, pull all the way back on the stick."

The Packers are guilty of making low altitude maneuvers and getting burned by it every time. THey are wasting the talents of an amazing QB by being lazy and putting the entire load on him.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":119ij3mr said:
I think Rodgers quarterbacks a soft team.

When they won the title, that was an outstanding defense, and it took a defensive play from a DB to keep the Falcons from beating them in the 4th. The Pack rediscovered a dormant run game in those playoffs too.

Since then, they have squandered a 15-1 season in full on wimp style, and almost completely lost the will to run the ball. The run game is purely a changeup for them, a problem they are trying to fix with running backs. Too bad I think it is an OL issue.

The D-line has miscast players now, and they have lost the nasty they need to stop the run. Raji should not be a nose ever, and the linebackers are adequate only, with the exception of Matthews.

Point is, outside of Rodgers and his pass catchers, that is a team with holes and has been for a while now. A GB team that is not built to win in the cold is kind of dumb. Rodgers 4th quarter difficulties agianst winning teams could be a result of those things too.
I agree totally and, not to beat a dead horse, but I have to wonder...what does that really say about Matt Flynn's outstanding performances? The knock was, well, that's such an outstanding team. If so, then Rodgers really isn't all that special is he? If not and what you say is true, then the knock on Flynn isn't all that legitimate is it?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1ka0zaio said:
I agree totally and, not to beat a dead horse, but I have to wonder...what does that really say about Matt Flynn's outstanding performances? The knock was, well, that's such an outstanding team. If so, then Rodgers really isn't all that special is he? If not and what you say is true, then the knock on Flynn isn't all that legitimate is it?

Stuff like this is why I want to see Flynn be a 16-game starter for some team, to see how he does. Nobody knows what Flynn might bring to the table, IMO; just pure guesswork.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ivotuk":2b194jk4 said:
Sarlacc83":2b194jk4 said:
I imagine if this is something that can be proved, it's connected with the zero run game approach of Green Bay. When you don't even have to cover a running back in crunch time, you can devote all your resources to the nickel or the dime.

I think you nailed it sarlacc. All teams have to do is put in a bunch of DBs and rush the passer because the GB O Line suxors.

I also realized, because I am a dunce, that no running game also makes it very difficult to protect the leads they have because they can't kill time and instead are killing the clock with dropped passes and whatnot. That's a huge factor, too. Free timeouts for the other team.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fj7w1m2 said:
SalishHawkFan":1fj7w1m2 said:

Stuff like this is why I want to see Flynn be a 16-game starter for some team, to see how he does. Nobody knows what Flynn might bring to the table, IMO; just pure guesswork.
yeah, too bad he got sent to the QB graveyard that is Oakland. Maybe things will turn around over there and we'll see what Flynn really has? Who knows?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd laugh heartily if Flynn brings Oakland to a division win. I might even laugh hard enough to stroke out and die if they did that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":377r6cmu said:
I'd laugh heartily if Flynn brings Oakland to a division win. I might even laugh hard enough to stroke out and die if they did that.

Hasselbeck has got to be rooting for that to happen because it would at least semi-validate his early season opinion about Flynn starting over Russell.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":18hxazvd said:
Hasselbeck has got to be rooting for that to happen because it would at least semi-validate his early season opinion about Flynn starting over Russell.

Hasselbeck doesn't seem like the kind of guy that needs his ego validated that way, IMO.

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cn1fnlhz said:
Sarlacc83":cn1fnlhz said:

Hasselbeck doesn't seem like the kind of guy that needs his ego validated that way, IMO.

We get it. He hopes Wilson dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell. Stop beating a dead horse already.