A couple thoughts about the niners game from my perspective

hangumhi

Reaction score
Went to my first game of the season against the niners and I noticed a few things I may not have noticedI had I not seen them live.

To start, it appeared to me that DK threw his helmet in frustration toward Russ. DK should only be throwing his helmet in anger over the following things: himself and the O Line. The sideline pass that appeared to sail over DK's head was an amazingly accurate pass. Dk pushed off the defender's back and pushed himself out of bounds. If he jumps straight up on that play, he catches the ball and has one on one to the goal line. Secondly, the o-line was so bad, Russ couldn't get past his primary receiver in the progression without being hit or under serious pressure. Not to suggest russ was super accurate. The only two truly accurate passes on the day were the incompletion to DK on the sideline and the touchdown to tyler.

The other thing I noticed was how bad our zone coverage is. Our defenders don't defend their zone. Their heads aren't on swivels, as they say. Very slow to pickup guys in their zone. It resulted in several completions where a defender wasn't within 5 yards of the receiver and it wasn't blown coverage; it was feet in concrete and heads locked on the qb.

Also, I realized by watching live that Eskridge is always open. He's so fast!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What worries me about DK is it seems like he has fallen victim to reading his press clippings without putting the extra effort in to improving his game. He has a serious immaturity to his character and it shows every game when you compare his antics to how Lockett plays and carries himself on and off the field. DK seems to think if he is cordial during press conferences that should excuse his behavior on the field. As our friends across the pond would say...Bollocks.

He needs a heavy dose of humility and film study and ball catching reps. Is it Russ' fault every time he drops a catchable ball?

I love me some DK when he is on fire but lately he seems more likely to point fingers at others than himself. Not a good sign, but I am going to chalk it up to youth and hope he wakes up and realizes his potential without blaming others for his lack of numbers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":fi80iie6 said:
What worries me about DK is it seems like he has fallen victim to reading his press clippings without putting the extra effort in to improving his game. He has a serious immaturity to his character and it shows every game when you compare his antics to how Lockett plays and carries himself on and off the field. DK seems to think if he is cordial during press conferences that should excuse his behavior on the field. As our friends across the pond would say...Bollocks.

He needs a heavy dose of humility and film study and ball catching reps. Is it Russ' fault every time he drops a catchable ball?

I love me some DK when he is on fire but lately he seems more likely to point fingers at others than himself. Not a good sign, but I am going to chalk it up to youth and hope he wakes up and realizes his potential without blaming others for his lack of numbers.

Just wondering if he would be open to Baldwin teaching him some of the techniques Largent taught him or is his head still in the clouds and not willing or open to help in that way.

LTH

Reaction score
good luck with that...

LTH