Reaction score
I’m ready.

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅████D. Lock██▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lock has potential and can still develop.

Let’s not forget that when we drafted Russ the majority of this forum wanted Flynn as the Qb. I got slammed for saying Russ was better. Got banned for saying Russ would be better than Hasselbeck.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
A case for Drew Lock. This guy says, Drew can become a top 10 quarterback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbJqTX8jMQ

A small sample of Jacob Eason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9JgY2EPtBU&t=165s

Add in another QB from the draft or pick a cheap veteran during free agency, then the Seahawks should be o.k. moving forward. It could take two years to sort it out, but this is exciting time to watch the Seahawks transition.

"Life is like a box of chocolates".

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":17jq7e1d said:
GeekHawk":17jq7e1d said:
Cyrus12":17jq7e1d said:
SoulfishHawk":17jq7e1d said:
Dear God make it stop. Hoping Lock will be the QB so the team can lose more and get better picks. And being excited that Russ is gone. And excited for Drew Lock??? Wow :roll:
When Manning left the Colts they had a terrible next season...drafted Luck and problem was solved.

Yeah, I remember all the Super Bowls they won after sucking for Luck. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And all the Super Bowls we won without Wilson.

There are a lot of 'franchise' QBs who haven't won super bowls. A few 'non franchise' qbs have won them too.

It is still a team game.

you think Seattle gets that Super Bowl replacing Wilson for Luck?

No, not at all. We absolutely wouldn't have won any titles at all, or even been in any super Bowls. I still don't know why anyone thinks Luck was all that. I said it 10 years ago and I say it again now.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawks85":2sxv0ss7 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2sxv0ss7 said:
It could be possible that Seattle really likes this guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... ade-rumors

At 6’ 4” and 230, he has the physical tools to quickly pass from the pocket, something that Wilson, doesn’t like to do.

Many have said the Broncos offense line isn’t that much better than the Seahawks last year.

I believe the Broncos has 6 less sacks than the Seahawks.

It could be entirely possible Lock played in a system that did not play to his strengths as much as Wilson will argue the Seahawks don’t play to Wilson’s desires.

Watching film for a decade on Wilson, Wilson has his deficiencies as well.

Lock, at least has potential to be something that Seattle can work with.

I believe Lock’s ceiling as a “pure pocket passer” is greater than Wilson’s.

Not to ruffle feathers but by “Pure Pocket Passer” I mean, Lock isn’t opposed to throwing short quick timing passes over the middle and playing to how the defense is setup.

Of course this is pure speculation and being a Seahawks fan just hoping Seattle can operate well with Lock but I think it will allow us all to see if Carroll and his offensive coordinators can play a “dink and dunk” scheme to switch things up.

How many times have we watched defenses play 2 deep zones on Seattle to take away Metcalf on deep routes.

I’m still a firm believer that DK can progressively refine his short area routes and became a complete imposing and dominating receiver if Seattle has a QB that can also make timing short quick passes.

I know many here are up and arms and upset Wilson is no longer in Seattle but I’m excited because I don’t want to keep doing the same things over and over and hoping for success.

Change is needed to grow sometimes.

But to each their own.

Ruffle any feathers? Go on brother just speak on it. I agree with you but I'm vocal on this and I don't give a crap who I offend. Wilson is OVERRATED. Wilson is the anti christ when it comes to a pure pocket passer. The reason why that dude runs around so much isn't because of the O-line, it's because he's to god damn short to see over the line, he can't see $h!t. Wilson is a backyard QB with a pretty rainbow pass and that's it.
Yes, I agree with you.

I’ve spoken and advocated Wilson cannot be and is not a true pocket passer.

Everything you said about Wilson, I also agree with.

I’ve said the same sentiments a lot over these years about Wilson.

For the most part, posters here will agree and some are such Wilson fanboys that they are just blind to anything they determine as just “hating” on Wilson.

I’ll say it, Wilson, handcuffed this team as much as he made plays. Most people can see this.

Carroll isn’t perfect but Wilson isn’t either.

Change has been something that was needed years ago.

At least some kind of change.

Either the coach or the QB or even both at some point.

AgentDib

Reaction score
hoxrox":1x4fmjr0 said:
As for tanking for a high 2023 pick, who's the QB in that draft people are so high on?
At least for me, the goal of a down year has nothing to do with trying to lose games on purpose to get a high pick. If we fall into the playoffs at 8-9 and ruin our first pick that will be fine with me.

The important goal is to prioritize 2023 and beyond. Today's NFL rules allow teams to set themselves up for future success if they are willing to sacrifice a bit in the present. We have artificially cheap rookie contracts, compensatory picks, dead money that can be cleared in a single year, and a very high discount rate.

Spending draft capital on young players and then giving them playing time to develop is the only way to build a strong roster.

jeremiah

Reaction score
If we had Holmgren, he might be a decent QB in 2 years. But we don’t
Now we have a fellow Coach Holmgren supporter. The discipline is what is missing from PC's coaching. His teams have too many lineman penalties, and screw ups of time management. PRO teams should not make the same mistakes over and over again. That is a sign of poor coaching.

Rainger

Reaction score

Let’s not forget that when we drafted Russ the majority of this forum wanted Flynn as the Qb. I got slammed for saying Russ was better. Got banned for saying Russ would be better than Hasselbeck.
You weren't the only one. Go back look at my posts I was on the RW band wagon from the day he was drafted. BUT, he changed and I jumped off his wagon a couple of years ago when his ego became more important than the team or the scheme.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not going to say he can't play better here than in Denver. Pete has a way of elevating guys that said have you guys looked at his stats there not good. Geno is the better option if there actually trying to win this season. If Lock starts that's a clear indication Pete is tanking imo. Geno had a 68 comp percentage last year that's like top 5 in the league. Not saying he will do that all year but imo he's clearly better than Lock as of today. They should have taken a chance on Ridder in the 3rd they can always draft another QB next year now we get only one shot instead of two. Pete and John will not want to bench there new QB for at least 3 years regardless of stats because it will likely be a top ten selection. I would have liked to avoid that possibility.

nwHawk

Reaction score
If Lock starts that's a clear indication Pete is tanking imo. Geno had a 68 comp percentage last year that's like top 5 in the league. Not saying he will do that all year but imo he's clearly better than Lock as of today.
How will we know? Most saw Geno as a worthless cast off backup that no one wanted to see start games until he got a few games of live ball last year. And he played better than expected.

If Drew Lock is better, well, he could turn out even better or at least his ceiling is much higher. We need to let this play out.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If it’s even close you go with Lock on youth and upside alone. Reality is 99% likely that either is just a place holder for the year.

Best case scenario you’re happy with Lock and someone else at QB2 and Geno goes at final cutdown after you’ve milked him for system knowledge. Every dollar saved is one that can go towards extensions and FA additions in 23.

Chuckwow

Reaction score

You should say Lock will be better than Wilson. Just to see what happens.

toffee

Reaction score
We really shouldn't be comparing Lock to Russ, that's a big reach in my book, Russ being a generation talent and all.

If Lock can provide JimmyG's level of the performance for us at his current contract, we are getting our money's worth, we may not win a few superbowls, but 12s could be entertained enough. That said, Jimmy is very different QB from Lock, if for nothing else, Jimmy has quicker release, Lock has stronger arms?

If Pete and Waldron could get the most out of Lock, we could surprise a few teams this year.