Give Lock his due

Hawknight

Reaction score
First of all, not sure why Pete kept Geno in the game as long as he did. You can obviously see that Geno lost some mobility after his initial injury on the sidelines (which is another issue in itself with the damn refs). Lock looked totally comfortable in the pocket, got the ball rolling. There were some missed passes, but not completely his fault, plus not playing for so long there's going to be some rust to shake off. Hell, even Geno had at least 2, maybe three passes swatted away. I for one had hoped to see more of Lock playing last night, and this is nothing negative towards Geno who has played his heart out and done this team well. I know the stats don't tell the whole story, I get it but man..oh man, I would love to see this kids play an entire game...Just to see what he can do. Don't come at me with what he did in Denver because in all fairness to Lock, he was fairly new to the NFL, and coaching was a serious joke with it's turn around like a merry go around.

Not wishing any injury on Geno, but IF given the chance, I want to see this kid play. I think he can get it done and do it well.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
First of all, not sure why Pete kept Geno in the game as long as he did. You can obviously see that Geno lost some mobility after his initial injury on the sidelines (which is another issue in itself with the damn refs). Lock looked totally comfortable in the pocket, got the ball rolling. There were some missed passes, but not completely his fault, plus not playing for so long there's going to be some rust to shake off. Hell, even Geno had at least 2, maybe three passes swatted away. I for one had hoped to see more of Lock playing last night, and this is nothing negative towards Geno who has played his heart out and done this team well. I know the stats don't tell the whole story, I get it but man..oh man, I would love to see this kids play an entire game...Just to see what he can do. Don't come at me with what he did in Denver because in all fairness to Lock, he was fairly new to the NFL, and coaching was a serious joke with it's turn around like a merry go around.

Not wishing any injury on Geno, but IF given the chance, I want to see this kid play. I think he can get it done and do it well.
Ditto -

When Geno popped up 'OK' - i was like: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... maybe leave lock in for a little bit -

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I was hopeful and optimistic to seeing Lock get some more playing time after the half because if we're being honest with ourselves, the Giants and how we had a solid lead at halftime would've allowed us to do just that. I'm not upset about it or anything, just figured this was the game and time to do it. Of course he's going to have a bit of rust to shake off as he's not been active enough to find his rhythm right out of the gate like Geno has. You can't expect Lock to instantly throw a 60 yard touchdown in his first throw, that's completely unrealistic and it feels like people are too impatient with him. He was just getting warmed up and then he got benched at halftime.

I would've liked to see him continue after Halftime.

balakoth

Reaction score
Interesting take... he was 2 for 6 and only had the yards because Noah Fant made a great sideline run...

Id rather not see him anytime soon personally

cymatica

Reaction score
Interesting take... he was 2 for 6 and only had the yards because Noah Fant made a great sideline run...

Id rather not see him anytime soon personally
Did you see the catchable balls his receivers dropped or just looked at the stats?