49ers trading Jeff Wilson to Miami

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Just...what?

So much wrong and Seahawk homeristic hope in that message. LOL.

1) We don't know about Lance or Kinlaw yet. Kinlaw concerns me most because he can't keep that knee healthy, but when he's played he's played well. Any commentary on Lance is way premature. I mean hell, your own 32 year old QB was written off as a bust by several teams with ALOT more starts than Lance has had. Jeez. "Bust" after 4 NFL starts. Wow.

2) Yes, 49ers drafted Trey Sermon and then let him go. Did the same with Joe Williams. Its not that they don't make mistakes. What they don't due is compound the mistake by sticking to it when its clearly not working. Yeah, Trey Sermon didn't work. Elijah Mitchell sure did in the same draft.As for TDP, we don't know yet. Dudes a rookie behind several solid backs.

3) Losing record is a tough thing to overcome when you start 0-10 and lose your starting QB in 3 of 5 seasons. Hot seat? In your dreams.
Are you blind? Trey Lance is a bust. I don’t I’ve seen mechanics as poor as Trey and he just doesn’t have the arm talent and has a hard time making some of the most basic throws. He spends his nights in the clubs instead of in the weight room. And for 3 first round picks? No thanks. As for Kinlaw he sucks ass and gets pancaked on a regular basis due to skinny lower body and big upper body. Lynch traded Buckner then drafted this bum

94Smith

Reaction score
So you guys think it would be wise to keep Jeff Wilson Jr on the squad who will now be third on the depth chart behind CMC and Elijah Mitchell? Especially considering he is going to be a free agent after this season.

The 49ers have two rookies in Tyrion Davis Price and Jordan Mason, so are you saying they should carry 5 running backs?

Somebody had to go. It's nice to get a 5th for him

94Smith

Reaction score
FIFY... less childish.
However, CMC is known to be injury prone so... with that being said, it's not that far out of the equation to think. Who else does the 49ers have if CMC does go down?
Elijah Mitchell, off IR after the bye. You know, the number one back before he went down week one. I swear sometimes you guys spout off not knowing what you are talking about.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Elijah Mitchell, of IR after the bye. You know, the number one back before he went down week one. I swear sometimes you guys spout off not knowing what you are talking about.
Mitchell ain’t all that. He would be fourth or fifth on our depth chart but Jeff Wilson was a freak bro. Should’ve kept him

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
So you guys think it would be wise to keep Jeff Wilson Jr on the squad who will now be third on the depth chart behind CMC and Elijah Mitchell?
yes.

cmc was injured the last 2 years. mitchell is just coming off IR. you are a run-heavy team with shanahan. you guys are ALL-IN this season. it would make sense to keep that insurance, since it's already this season or bust. i would take that insurance over a late 5th rounder. i get it, 49ers want some ammo back for the next draft. i wouldn't have done it.

but hey, i'm not the playcaller running trey lance up the middle over and over again until he breaks. :ROFLMAO:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yeah seriously lol Why would I know they're not my team and I don't follow them outside of what I read here in the forums. And I wouldn't have a reason too.
I said "seriously" because I had just posted exactly who they have 7 posts above this one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
who's "we"? by "we", do you mean you? i'm 99% certain trey is a bust. unless lance plays at an all pro level the remainder of his contract or he leads 49ers to a superbowl victory, he ain't living up to (3) 1sts + a 3rd anyway. that's the capital you pay for an established top 5 qb. and kinlaw? please. already a total bust.

exactly. lynch make mistakes. read what i was responding to.

hilarious when you get your panties in a bunch, total deflection.

We is EVERYONE. You can pretend to know something that is unknowable and pawn it off as fact, but I'll call you on it every time. Get used to it.

Not deflecting a damn thing. Why do I even NEED to deflect? 49ers are positioned for deep playoff run.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Its Marvin the minute the 49ers are relevant in any way shape or form he embodies the 9er faithful and the quest for 6 some shit lol so as like most fans of their team he defends them and will fall on the sword.
49ers have been relevant for a long time and I was here the entire time they weren't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mitchell ain’t all that. He would be fourth or fifth on our depth chart but Jeff Wilson was a freak bro. Should’ve kept him
That's the dumbest thing I've read in a LONG time. You don't have a clue man.

Mitchell had 963 yards as a rookie in only 11 games last year. In no world would Wilson have started over Mitchell. Mitchell missed almost 6 full games and still almost put up 1000 yards. As a rookie. And he's the backup.

Wilson has never had more than 600 yards and that was his BEST season.

The ONLY reason you like Wilson is that the 49ers just traded him. That's it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
yes.

cmc was injured the last 2 years. mitchell is just coming off IR. you are a run-heavy team with shanahan. you guys are ALL-IN this season. it would make sense to keep that insurance, since it's already this season or bust. i would take that insurance over a late 5th rounder. i get it, 49ers want some ammo back for the next draft. i wouldn't have done it.

but hey, i'm not the playcaller running trey lance up the middle over and over again until he breaks. :ROFLMAO:
Now THIS I can understand. I'd have liked to keep him as insurance as well.

Apparently Wilson saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be RB3 after starting most of the year and being in a contract year. He didn't ask to be traded, but he did ask if there was a situation where he'd get to play more than in SF and the 49ers shipped to somewhere familiar...to Mike McDaniel. Dolphins I believe traded Chase Edmonds in part of the Chubb deal, so made sense.

49ers dealt him because he wanted to play more than he was likely get to as RB3 in SF.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Now THIS I can understand. I'd have liked to keep him as insurance as well.

Apparently Wilson saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be RB3 after starting most of the year and being in a contract year. He didn't ask to be traded, but he did ask if there was a situation where he'd get to play more than in SF and the 49ers shipped to somewhere familiar...to Mike McDaniel. Dolphins I believe traded Chase Edmonds in part of the Chubb deal, so made sense.

49ers dealt him because he wanted to play more than he was likely get to as RB3 in SF.
Okay now this makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
No, but two NFCCGs and a SB in the last three does.
Hopefully your 49ers can make the playoffs this time on your own merit as opposed to the taunting penalties called on the opponent my dude.