49ers trading Jeff Wilson to Miami

Marvin49

Reaction score
I was thinking if the Hawks lay sod up here they’re going to have to figure out better drainage. I played high school ball and college ball in this state and the grass fields are great if there’s a retention pond nearby and ample drainage to handle the rain and snow. If not get some long spikes. Levi’s still sucks imo it plays slow
I mean any grass field plays slow compared to turf, but its a far superior surface.

Ironically, the issues Levis had at the beginning was that the drainage system worked TOO well, IE the water wouldn't stay on the surface at all. It took some time but they got it worked out and its one of the best surfaces in the NFL.

They've played games in downpours and the grass hasn't been an issue at all.

In recent years I've seen similar downpours in Chicago and Washington and those fields turned into mud pits.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I mean any grass field plays slow compared to turf, but its a far superior surface.

Ironically, the issues Levis had at the beginning was that the drainage system worked TOO well, IE the water wouldn't stay on the surface at all. It took some time but they got it worked out and its one of the best surfaces in the NFL.

They've played games in downpours and the grass hasn't been an issue at all.

In recent years I've seen similar downpours in Chicago and Washington and those fields turned into mud pits.

Well we have also been in a historical drought, so there is that.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The cost of maintaining a grass field is astronomical when you include water, fertilizer, maintenance and fighting the weather. My buddy owns a 9 hole golf course in town and barely breaks even every year due to overhead costs alone. The ownership group should petition the league itself to pay for said maintenance at all 32 facilities.
Referendum 48 called for a grass field but when Paul Allen bought the team and hired Holmgren, it was Holmgren that requested the field turf instead of natural grass. This probably belongs in its own thread as this topic is heating up league wide

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
The cost of maintaining a grass field is astronomical when you include water, fertilizer, maintenance and fighting the weather. My buddy owns a 9 hole golf course in town and barely breaks even every year due to overhead costs alone. The ownership group should petition the league itself to pay for said maintenance at all 32 facilities.
Referendum 48 called for a grass field but when Paul Allen bought the team and hired Holmgren, it was Holmgren that requested the field turf instead of natural grass. This probably belongs in its own thread as this topic is heating up league wide

Wow. One of the few subjects that we can agree on.

Grass should be the standard all over the NFL. Players have spoken LOUDLY about their preference for it, especially recently.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Yea trading him was a bad move unless you were getting a 2nd round or 2 mid draft picks

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Looks like the 69ers are screwed at running back with Mitchell out and McCaffrey having knee trouble

94Smith

Reaction score
I am excited to see what Jordan Mason can do. He looked good against the Saints. What Frodo fails to realize is the Shanahan system has been making low drafted backs look great for 25 years. Terrell Davis 6th rounder, Olandis Gary 4th rounder, Clinton Portis late second rounder, Mike Anderson late 6th rounder, Alfred Morris 6th rounder, Tevin Coleman 3rd rounder,Matt Breida UDFA, Jeff Wilson UDFA, Mitchell 7th rounder, UDfA Raheem Mostert .

I have no concerns about the 49ers being able to run the ball , period. Heck they could even bring back Tevin Coleman and be productive .

Meanwhile Frodo talks smack while KW9 has run for 16 yards and 27 yards in successive weeks. Frodo KW9 averaged 1.9 yards per carry against the Raiders. Best check your own team before you throw stones at your rival! Especially when your rival has the number one rush defense in the league and you face them in 2 weeks

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Not sure what this guys problem is but it’s pretty fun he"s the butt of jokes on at leasst two different football forums. For the most part fans here seem to be pretty savy. This guy just sounds like the bitter ex.
Don’t get shit twisted son. The joke for Hawk fans is on the Broncos. Meanwhile the 49ers can’t even separate from a rebuilding Seahawk team through 13 weeks. This is the tail end of the 49ers tight window. Look at your next four games you’ll be lucky to win one of them tbh

Marvin49

Reaction score
Don’t get shit twisted son. The joke for Hawk fans is on the Broncos. Meanwhile the 49ers can’t even separate from a rebuilding Seahawk team through 13 weeks. This is the tail end of the 49ers tight window. Look at your next four games you’ll be lucky to win one of them tbh

What a weird comment. LOL.

"49ers can’t even separate from a rebuilding Seahawk team". Uh...the 49ers were 3-4. They are now 7-4 with a full game lead and tie-breaker advantage on Seattle. What on earth are you babbling about?

Every year someone here keeps saying the 49ers window is closing and every year its false.

49ers have YOUNG stars all over the field. Trent Williams and Kittle are getting older, but Deebo, Aiyuk, Bosa, Warner, Greenlaw, Hufanga, T. Ward...all YOUNG. They keep getting good young players is low rounds of the draft...Hufanga being latest example of that.

As for previous comment RE RBs, 49ers still have Jordan Mason whom they like alot, Tyrion Davis-Price, and Tevin Coleman on the PS.

..oh yeah...and when Niners had RB injury issues LAST year, all they did was start using Deebo in the backfield. I seem to remember that worked out OK.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
What a weird comment. LOL.

"49ers can’t even separate from a rebuilding Seahawk team". Uh...the 49ers were 3-4. They are now 7-4 with a full game lead and tie-breaker advantage on Seattle. What on earth are you babbling about?

Every year someone here keeps saying the 49ers window is closing and every year its false.

49ers have YOUNG stars all over the field. Trent Williams and Kittle are getting older, but Deebo, Aiyuk, Bosa, Warner, Greenlaw, Hufanga, T. Ward...all YOUNG. They keep getting good young players is low rounds of the draft...Hufanga being latest example of that.

As for previous comment RE RBs, 49ers still have Jordan Mason whom they like alot, Tyrion Davis-Price, and Tevin Coleman on the PS.
At
..oh yeah...and when Niners had RB injury issues LAST year, all they did was start using Deebo in the backfield. I seem to remember that worked out OK.
Stop acting like you’re good every year. You stank like shit for most of this century and still aren’t world beaters. You beat Colt McCoy and Dalton barely lol
Stinky G dropped a 13 burger though so I guess he balled out in #NinerLogic

Marvin49

Reaction score
Stop acting like you’re good every year. You stank like shit for most of this century and still aren’t world beaters. You beat Colt McCoy and Dalton barely lol
Stinky G dropped a 13 burger though so I guess he balled out in #NinerLogic

Never said they've been good every year. I'm saying there is nothing to indicate they are about to fall off some cliff and no longer be in their "window".

Yes, 49ers scored only 13 on a short week after traveling back from Mexico City on Monday Night AND having Thanksgiving in the middle. This game was a total setup for a letdown and they not only won, but they shut out the Saints for the first time in 20 years. I mean the collective score in those two games is 51 to 10. No, neither of those teams is good, but that's what you do to bad teams.

"Dalton barely". They didn't score a point. LOL. Should be noted that the Seahawks allowed 39 points to the Saints AND lost.

I'm not saying the 49ers are world beaters and to be honest I have serious concerns with them dealing with Miami's team speed (having visions of the KC game), but come on man. You're just posting more nonsense. You are acting like the 49ers can't gain ground on the Seahawks when Niners have won 4 in a row and Seattle is having a far better season than anyone thought and are STILL a game back in the division and lost 27-7 in the head to head.

In short, what are you babbling about Arlos?

Last edited:

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Lol@Arlos. Its no wonder fans on both sides are laughing at you. Someone must like you though, I see the post pointing out your foolishness has been taken down.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lol@Arlos. It’s no wonder fans on both sides are laughing at you. Someone must like you though, I see the post pointing out your foolishness has been taken down.
That’s a figment of your imagination kid. I absolutely destroyed your feelings somewhere along the way and now you’re obsessed with me. You’re a straw man with the feels of a 9 year old school girl. And I’m loving every minute of it lol 😂

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
That’s a figment of your imagination kid. I absolutely destroyed your feelings somewhere along the way and now you’re obsessed with me. You’re a straw man with the feels of a 9 year old school girl. And I’m loving every minute of it lol 😂
Kid? Bahahaha! I probably have socks older than you. Not obsessed, more like entertained. Funny seeing your name come up all over the forums and both sides pointing out what a tool you are.

Have a nice day Arlos.