49ers out scored 57-3 in two games?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My over riding thought was the niners arent nearly as deep as they think they are.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think as a non joking thought the 49ers staff is playing guys that need high reps to get as much game experience against non team talent as they can due to knowing they need some developed depth, limiting the chance of damage against their own till guys come back. Much easier to go full speed against another team and learn by film and coaching technique then 3/4 speed practice. You only get better with experience.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":32627z4l said:
I think as a non joking thought the 49ers staff is playing guys that need high reps to get as much game experience against non team talent as they can due to knowing they need some developed depth, limiting the chance of damage against their own till guys come back. Much easier to go full speed against another team and learn by film and coaching technique then 3/4 speed practice. You only get better with experience.

There is a lot of truth in that in particular the cases of Dial and Carradine.

Not the "against non team talent" part, but they are getting even their second string players out of game so quickly that you have third team guys putting in huge reps and playing most of the game.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":31h4mrh1 said:
chris98251":31h4mrh1 said:

Not the "against non team talent" part, but they are getting even their second string players out of game so quickly that you have third team guys putting in huge reps and playing most of the game.

Maybe they were playing so badly they wanted their confidence not to get crushed any more?

Marvin49

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":379ol978 said:
Marvin49":379ol978 said:
chris98251":379ol978 said:

Maybe they were playing so badly they wanted their confidence not to get crushed any more?

lol.

I doubt it....but I will say that I like Carradine and Dial better than either Dobbs or Jerod-Eddie who are listed as the backups.

My guess is that Dial moves up in the packing order and will also be the backup at NT and that Carradine will move up when he stops making mistakes.

He still sometimes screws up his assignment, but there are flashes where he just has "wow" moments. I think that's one reason they are giving him so much time...trying to work through those mistakes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":34sig2z0 said:
chris98251":34sig2z0 said:

I phrased it badly, but full speed against an opponent that will give you their best as well and not worry about injury to your other players happening is what I was trying to say.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":21agppv7 said:
Marvin49":21agppv7 said:
chris98251":21agppv7 said:

I phrased it badly, but full speed against an opponent that will give you their best as well and not worry about injury to your other players happening is what I was trying to say.

Ya. :)

Also...to my point about playing those guys ALOT....

Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff · 1h
Only seven defensive players in NFL have played 110+ snaps so far in preseason. Three of them are #49ers: Carradine, Dial, and Lemonier.

lsheldon

Reaction score
TXHawk":k42ins4w said:
After witnessing the Blaine Gabbert Experience, Niners fans are praying that nothing ever happens to Kaep.

I wonder if they regret the 6th round pick they gave to acquire him?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BamKam":1fnymyzg said:
Last week on 49erswebzone: The Seahawks look awful and no way they will repeat.

This week on 49erswebzone: It's just the pre season, it means nothing.

:lol:

Sounds about right

Really though.. I think Kaep has played only 3 series so far. It's more an indication how awful Blaine Gabbert is than anything else.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":lhagm4jk said:
chris98251":lhagm4jk said:
Marvin49":lhagm4jk said:
chris98251":lhagm4jk said:

Only seven defensive players in NFL have played 110+ snaps so far in preseason. Three of them are #49ers: Carradine, Dial, and Lemonier.

The raw number doesn't mean much. It would be much better to know the percentage of snaps vs the raw total.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1om12p2u said:
Marvin49":1om12p2u said:
chris98251":1om12p2u said:
Marvin49":1om12p2u said:

The raw number doesn't mean much. It would be much better to know the percentage of snaps vs the raw total.

55 plus snaps in ANY preseason game is ALOT.

Just to give you an idea...they entered in the 2nd quarter and never came out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":265m2nlr said:
BamKam":265m2nlr said:
Last week on 49erswebzone: The Seahawks look awful and no way they will repeat.

This week on 49erswebzone: It's just the pre season, it means nothing.

:lol:

Sounds about right

Really though.. I think Kaep has played only 3 series so far. It's more an indication how awful Blaine Gabbert is than anything else.

This x1000

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":7eimlx8p said:
bigtrain21":7eimlx8p said:
Marvin49":7eimlx8p said:
chris98251":7eimlx8p said:
Marvin49 said:

55 plus snaps in ANY preseason game is ALOT.

Just to give you an idea...they entered in the 2nd quarter and never came out.

Okay well that is entirely more helpful information. Yeah that is playing quite a bit. We did that with Brock Coyle I believe.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sao69fb said:

Not at all saying those guys haven't played a lot of snaps but the Seahawks have only played 109 defensive snaps total so even if one of their players played the entire game they wouldn't be part of Jeff Deeney's list which is why I was saying I would rather see a percentage of snaps vs raw numbers. Part of the reason for a ton of snaps is overall ineffectiveness of the entire defense which gives them more snaps.

Your information on playing from the 2nd quarter on is better information IMO so thanks for that info.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
There are only 3 certainties in life:

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) I'm a better QB than Blaine Gabbert (and I'm 42 years old, 5'10 185).

He's like Jamarcuss Russell bad. Yikes.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope SF is ready to score a ton of points on offense. The "starting" defense looks even worse than I thought it would so far, and the 49ers face several elite offenses in the first 7 weeks. Dallas, Chicago, Philly, and Denver. Arizona and KC's offenses aren't bad either. The one breather they get will be the Rams.

Not saying the 49ers can't win plenty of those games, but they will have to win via the shootout more often than not.

Mizak

Reaction score
That's what happens to the 49ers defense when they purge their whole Starting Secondary.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":2tla7vmc said:
I hope SF is ready to score a ton of points on offense. The "starting" defense looks even worse than I thought it would so far, and the 49ers face several elite offenses in the first 7 weeks. Dallas, Chicago, Philly, and Denver. Arizona and KC's offenses aren't bad either. The one breather they get will be the Rams.

Not saying the 49ers can't win plenty of those games, but they will have to win via the shootout more often than not.

I ask you again...how can the starting D look bad when we haven't even seen the starting D?