49ers fan calling a silence rule

HawkWow

Reaction score
Decimation":er85ezlo said:
Never seen a coach complain as much as Jim does. Pansy.

He was the same as a player and a zebra can't change it's stripes.

RussellMania

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2n1f9sn3 said:
The noise rule no longer exists. Yes Minnesota piped in noise.
When did they change it? This SeattleTimes article from 2006 says it still existed at that time: http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/200 ... 20web.html

edit: It's still a rule: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing
"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."

I still have a hard time believing that Harbaugh would actually petition the referee to actually do this. As little as I think of him it would create A LOT of controvery for their team. I can just imagine First Take and Stephen A Smith talking about how ridiculous it was.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yc0pr1g said:
Decimation":1yc0pr1g said:
THIS! When they start losing even the whiners fans will get tired of his crap.

are you that gullible? a screenshot from some dudes text on an iphone is considered a reliable source to you?

as whiny as harbaugh is, he wouldnt stoop THIS low.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RussellMania":1d4gdv4d said:
Sports Hernia":1d4gdv4d said:
The noise rule no longer exists. Yes Minnesota piped in noise.
When did they change it? This SeattleTimes article from 2006 says it still existed at that time: http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/200 ... 20web.html

edit: It's still a rule: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing
"When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team."

I still have a hard time believing that Harbaugh would actually petition the referee to actually do this. As little as I think of him it would create A LOT of controvery for their team. I can just imagine First Take and Stephen A Smith talking about how ridiculous it was.
If your source is up to date, hmm, could have swore they changed it and my link must have been wrong. Doesn't matter anyhow, even a D-bag like Rog wouldn't enforce it, though a D-bag like Harbaugh would try it.

Like I said in a previous post, the NFL threatened to call penaltys on Seattle in the 1980's for excessive noise and the ref told Elway to snap the ball! Looked for vids on it haven't found any though.

ensett

Reaction score
lol @ trying to enforce this
that will only make the crowd grow louder and louder until everybody gets brain damage from the noise while shattering the world record, with future legend stating the mars rover picked up faint signals of the 12th man

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":3b4izdgp said:
Sports Hernia":3b4izdgp said:
Decimation":3b4izdgp said:

are you that gullible? a screenshot from some dudes text on an iphone is considered a reliable source to you?

You are the one that is gullible sir if you think that "Saint Harbaugh" wouldn't pull a stunt like this. Pull your head out man!

kearly

Reaction score
If the refs actually enforce this, the 49ers will march down the field with 5 yard penalties because the crowd will just get louder and more pissed off each time. The rule doesn't work. You can't control 67,000 people.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
My comment earlier about Harbs being the biggest p***y in NFL was unrelated to the OP, FYI.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
As much as i dont like the man. I'm willing to bet this is just something made up by one of our fans just to stir stuff up and make our fanbase not like him even more. Pretty weak honestly. I know he whines alot...but its not very believable he'd go tell the refs the crowd is too loud. Because they'd just laugh. And he knows it.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It is not enforceable. How loud is too loud? What are they using as " the number " ?

razgriz737

Reaction score
Mike Pereira tweeted this earlier:

"@MikePereira: Regarding 12th man in SEA, there are no longer crowd noise rules in the NFL. Period."

Pstark3

Reaction score
This would be a horrible thing for the league to enforce. It would take so much excitement away from actually going to games to the point where you might as well just stay at home and watch it.

Having to be worried about being "too loud"... come on man..

Pstark3

Reaction score
razgriz737":26izeplh said:
Mike Pereira tweeted this earlier:

"@MikePereira: Regarding 12th man in SEA, there are no longer crowd noise rules in the NFL. Period."
First thing he's ever said that made me happy. Dont hold back 12's :snack:

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1a2ymlst said:
Sports Hernia":1a2ymlst said:
Decimation":1a2ymlst said:

Whats low about asking for a rule to be enforced/clarified?

I dont expect it to be enforced but i read that its still on the books so its nothing wrong for Harb n co to play lawyer and point at the rule IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
They tried to enforce it back in the day and all it did was stall the game, they did the penalty, then they went to our sidelines to ask for the help of the players and coaches, it got worse and worse, finally they just told Elway to play, thus we broke the attempt of the NFL and the Broncos to silence the 12th man and our reputation just grew because of it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Crowd noise rules were stupid in the first place. Why would you punish a team for what the crowd does?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
fenderbender123":4tx0i2a0 said:
Crowd noise rules were stupid in the first place. Why would you punish a team for what the crowd does?

Exactly. It only encourages the fans of the visiting team to try and cause a distraction in an effort to benefit their team (since it only penalizes the home team).

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":n2010iui said:
but...but...I thought the crowd noise had no impact on the 49ers?

It didn't last time.

That was "just how Kaep looks all the time".

I actually read that...here of all places. I expect that from Yahoo! Sports comment section, but that was the gist of a Dotnet post.