$30.7 million in cap space next year per Clayton

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I'm on my phone at work but could someone post the link from his twitter account. Not too bad IMO. I know that Wilson will take about half of that though but I'm not really worried.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Again, this is why there shouldnt be any hand wringing about signing Wilson or anyone else.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Another thing people tend to forget, is like Sherman, Wilson will be in the final year of his rookie contract and we'll be working on an extension to that contract, so his cap number for next year will only jump for the pro-rated signing bonus. This gives them a lot of flexibility to give more guaranteed monies upfront and leave the back end at reasonable deals so we don't have cap issues in the future.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
remember these precious seasons because some day when pete and john are gone and we go back to having average or suckass decision makers at the top we can't have any faith in, we can at least look back and know for a time we had the best FO and coaching staff in the league without even exaggerating or being 'homers'.

Seaswab

Reaction score
This also doesnt factor in any rollover from this year, which right now would be about another $10 mil

hawknation2014

Reaction score
2015 free agents (obviously, some of these guys will not make the roster):
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Jermaine Kearse

WR Sidney Rice
WR Ricardo Lockette
WR Taylor Price
WR Bryan Walters
TE Anthony McCoy
G James Carpenter
G Greg Van Roten
G Steve Schilling
C Lemuel Jeanpierre
QB Tarvaris Jackson
QB Terrelle Pryor
OLB K.J. Wright
OLB Malcolm Smith

OLB Mike Morgan
ILB Heath Farwell
DE/OLB O'Brien Schofield
DE Cliff Avril
DT D'Anthony Smith
CB Byron Maxwell
CB Phillip Adams
FS Deshawn Shead
SS Jeron Johnson
LS Clint Gresham
+ Russell Wilson's extension

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1htampz0 said:
remember these precious seasons because some day when pete and john are gone and we go back to having average or suckass decision makers at the top we can't have any faith in, we can at least look back and know for a time we had the best FO and coaching staff in the league without even exaggerating or being 'homers'.

+1

edogg23

Reaction score
Seaswab":3dpmppvz said:
This also doesnt factor in any rollover from this year, which right now would be about another $10 mil
Are you factoring in the rookie signings, Practice squad, and salaries for injury replacements into that number?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Plus we can get even more cap space by cutting or renegotiating with Beast, and maybe cutting a guy like Miller to save another 3 million.

Because of the new CBA I'm don't think Russ will have a huge increase in his cap number next season after he signs his extension. So yea we are looking pretty good right now.

Not too mention the high number of comp picks we could be getting in the next few drafts.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":29nzdmtk said:
Hawk, where were you when the M's had Pat and Lou?

in high school. skateboarding and stoned. experimenting with psychadellics. Not caring about baseball.

Only things that have changed - I'm no longer a student, my ankles are too bad to skateboard (and im fat), and i'ts no longer "experimenting" when you're a seasoned veteran.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1jbsabca said:
Plus we can get even more cap space by cutting or renegotiating with Beast.

Will be surprised if Marshawn is a Seahawk in 2015.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":20sp9qph said:
Seaswab":20sp9qph said:

Are you sure about that? $40 million in cap space next year with paying out some big time contracts like we have seems just a bit high.

www.overthecap.com

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3hybldt4 said:
I'm on my phone at work but could someone post the link from his twitter account. Not too bad IMO. I know that Wilson will take about half of that though but I'm not really worried.

I highly doubt Wilson even takes 1/3rd of that. If the Thomas, Sherman, and even Harvin contracts are the model... Wilson will be extended with his huge signing bonus as his first year salary and then see top QB base salaries in 2016.

By then Lynch, Miller, Mebane, McDaniel Okung (if not resigned) will be off the books and its a possibility that Harvin and Unger are cut as well. That's like $30 million in eventual capitol, give or take a $5 million.

But I agree with you, I'm not stressing about re-signing the core group of players. Seahawks know their plan and I trust them to execute it the best they can.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3u8bauhj said:
Truth

Gametime

Reaction score
I think that Turbin may be gone. We have Christine Michael who PC has talked about being really excited about and they still have Spencer Ware as well. I don't see them keeping all 3 RB's. And any of the LB corps. that they believe they will not be able to sign next year could be an option as well. We are deep at LB.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mcqnfkc said:
Ziggyy108":1mcqnfkc said:
Plus we can get even more cap space by cutting or renegotiating with Beast.

Will be surprised if Marshawn is a Seahawk in 2015.

If thats the case it's about an extra 8 million in cap space.

Can save another 5+ by cutting Mebane. 3+ million by cutting McDaniel. 4 million by cutting Miller.

So we definitely have some options.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3qbqys8k said:

John Schneider is in his early 40's. He has built one of the youngest, most talented, and a Superbowl winning roster in 4 years.

He could easily be here for another 20+ years. Especially considering we have one of the best owners in all of sports.