#3. Legendary. The future is bright!! Go Hawks!!

fsmassey

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3pubxm5n said:
Can't play half a game.

And yet, Eli Manning can't play half a season but still has two super bowl rings.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Russell was amazing, but man......we were soooooo close to pulling this off. if only the D held for 30 seconds!

hawker84

Reaction score
RW balled out all game, that first half failure was not all on him.... stubborn coaching.. bevell needs to swallow a little pride next season and let wilson do what he does, or go somewhere else with his conservative game plans.

fsmassey

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1o3gv64d said:
OkieHawk":1o3gv64d said:
I'm proud of our team, barring the problems in the first half we came back and almost won this, with a rookie, on the road. I can't wait for next year, Go Hawks!

Key word. The difference is everything, and now we're talking about next year while the Falcons talk about next week. I just can't take solace in this kind of stuff (note: this is nothing against people who can/do). There's no prize for going halfway through the playoffs, just a crappy draft position and an empty hand.

And the Falcons have waited 3 years to get this win. For the Seahawks, this is the biggest loss yet. But it's not the end, it's the beginning. Look at last season how the Niners lost in against the Giants, just to sit at home on Superbowl Sunday thinking to themselves "We could've handed the Patriot's asses to them."
Everyone loses, at some point or another. This is the beginning of something great.

Wolfepack

Reaction score
I like these types of threads. Gracious in victory, gracious in defeat. I'll keep myself out of those threads rife with complaints, blame, disgust, & excuses. Maybe people need it to cope, but I'd much rather celebrate a good season and bright futur3. Being a part of the 12th man and cheering on our team is an honor - a dream if you will. As Stephanie Spielman said to her husband, Chris, after a heartbreaking loss, which caused him to physically vomit & be distant from her: "I've never met someone that's living a dream that's so freakin miserable." Can't win em all and personally I don't want my fanhood to be a miserable experience that focuses on losses & shortcomings.

It was a good run, guys. Our time will come. Beli3ve dat. We ride together, we die together, 12th man for life!

Go Hawks!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Fantastic season for the Hawks.

This team was 7-9 last year, we knew they were going to get better, but not like that. They exceeded expectations, won the elusive road playoff game and took it to the Falcons in that game after being down by 20 points.

Next year, these games are played at home and frankly it won't matter. To get that far in the manner they did was incredible. What a great group of kids.

Russell Wilson, you are nothing short of amazing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wilson is completely sick. No game is too big, no lead too large. I don't think I've ever seen a rookie dominate a game like that.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
fsmassey":1h9me5nz said:
WindCityHawk":1h9me5nz said:
OkieHawk":1h9me5nz said:
I'm proud of our team, barring the problems in the first half we came back and almost won this, with a rookie, on the road. I can't wait for next year, Go Hawks!

Key word. The difference is everything, and now we're talking about next year while the Falcons talk about next week. I just can't take solace in this kind of stuff (note: this is nothing against people who can/do). There's no prize for going halfway through the playoffs, just a crappy draft position and an empty hand.

And the Falcons have waited 3 years to get this win. For the Seahawks, this is the biggest loss yet. But it's not the end, it's the beginning. Look at last season how the Niners lost in against the Giants, just to sit at home on Superbowl Sunday thinking to themselves "We could've handed the Patriot's asses to them."
Everyone loses, at some point or another. This is the beginning of something great.

THIS +1

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Seahawks history is littered with "almost" games. This was one of them. This one is going to hurt for a while, but I'm not pissed like a lot of people are.

Wilson was an absolute beast and I'll remember his second half for a long time.

This is part of the battle, this is part of the climb. It hurts now, but it will help later.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Hey brothers and sisters, shake off this loss. Everyone in America saw who the team with heart was today. We are just starting the Russell Wilson Era and it's going to be a hell of a ride! Damn! I'll admit, a tear or two leaked out after the game today, but this team will "Be Back" and with home field advantage next time!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
This is an experience which Wilson will learn valuable lessons from. The problem with lessons like this is that they seem to be provided in suppository form...

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":llocyceo said:
Just think. Jacksonville drafted a punter 5 picks before we took #3.

Now this makes me smile, as hard as that seems...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1689tulc said:
This is an experience which Wilson will learn valuable lessons from. The problem with lessons like this is that they seem to be provided in suppository form...

So true, how valuable was this for him?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":sdt70j5o said:
Just think. Jacksonville drafted a punter 5 picks before we took #3.

That punter must be nails at completing the deep out routes.