3-1 in September!!!

kf3339

Reaction score
I freely admit that my belief they would lose this game was way off. With the way they lost last Sunday I just didn't expect them to come out aggressive and dominate like that in the first half. I'm not sure how long it's been since I've seen that from our team, but it's been a very long time.

There were several posters who believed we would win this game handily. Props to all those on Aros's prediction thread that thought this would be possible. I didn't.

But just how long has it been we have gone 3-1 or better in September? I know it's been a while on that as well. So I just want to say hats off to the team with all their issues to gut it out this month. It may bode well for this season going forward, and we get Reed back in three weeks! He should dramatically help create and even more dominant front four on defense!

Great job Hawks! :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Russ Wilson wins 80% of games after a loss. ;)

Scorpion05

Reaction score
But but Seahawks lost to Saints without Drew Brees!!

Yea, because the Saints are a good team. Now 2-0 without Brees, and we SHOULD have won that game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That stat about Russ winning 80% of his games off a loss is incredible. More than Brady, Montana, Luck and others. That blew my mind (while not being all that surprised).

3-1 in September is HUGE for a team that is known for making their mark in November/December.

GO HAWKS!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
While I hated the NO game, maybe it's what the youngsters needed; and we have quite a few of them. The game with Rams couldn't be more huge at this point.

OP
OP
K

kf3339

Reaction score
GeekHawk":21xrl9f3 said:
kf3339":21xrl9f3 said:
But just how long has it been we have gone 3-1 or better in September? I know it's been a while on that as well.

In the Pete Carroll era, it's happened 3 times before, 4-0 in 2013 and 3-1 in 2014 and 2016. As noted in this thread:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156601 :mrgreen:

Thank you. When I saw your thread I honestly thought you were referring to quarters per game. Not per season. But I get it now.

Still it's not as if we do it that often and somehow seems a lot longer than 2016 being the last time to me. Yes, it's seems that our season starts have been that bad to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All day I've been hearing people saying "they haven't played anyone" blah blah blah.
Yawn, shut your pie hole and enjoy the 3-1 record. The Hawks don't make the schedule, you can only play who they throw in front of you. Niners haven't exactly played a great schedule, but they sure seem to have the attention of the media etc.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jphbd3o said:
All day I've been hearing people saying "they haven't played anyone" blah blah blah.
Yawn, shut your pie hole and enjoy the 3-1 record. The Hawks don't make the schedule, you can only play who they throw in front of you. Niners haven't exactly played a great schedule, but they sure seem to have the attention of the media etc.
They have to have something to talk about. :laugh:

Like any year, you don't really know how strong the schedule is until the end. But the Hawks do kind of need to win Thurs if they want to stifle that line of argument.