Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Nail free agency

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nail both

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With the 2022 season now firmly in our rear view mirrors, the 2023 offseason is about to get into full gear. The successes this team accomplished in ‘22 were certainly a surprise to most. No need to list them here since we all witnessed the season and have hashed out most of the analysis. What I’d like to know is where do most of us fans believe any ‘23 success will be generated. The team hasn’t had this type of draft capital in a long time. There have been lots of comparisons to the building of the XLVIII team to what’s happening now. That Seahawks team had some major free agent signings then that moved the needle towards a Super Bowl win. Last years draft was one for the ages.
So, according to this poll, where do you believe growth and success for ‘23 and really the next few years come from?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Successful franchises that accomplish sustained success is always draft first, then fill in holes and needs with free agency and trades.

So my answer is the draft. If Pete and John nail this year's draft like they nailed last years, that should be the foundation the organization needs to push for being more than just a fringe playoff team for the next 4-5 years.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was greedy and said both but if I had to pick one it would be the draft. So , vote changed . Nail this one and they could be real good for the next 5 years

Scout

Reaction score
Retooling that defensive front seven is priority number 1. Being able to add a WR3, RB2, interior OL, and S would be the icing on the cake.

If you want to compete for a SB you need to have homerun in the draft and FA.

getnasty

Reaction score
I was thinking the other day what if they ran in all back with the same group. Add a healthy JA, Penny, and Brooks. All the young dudes are one year better. Clint Hurtt is in his second year and the run defense literally could be worse.

With that said i choose both. Need to add a difference maker on the OL and probably a couple in the front 7 of the defense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was thinking the other day what if they ran in all back with the same group. Add a healthy JA, Penny, and Brooks. All the young dudes are one year better. Clint Hurtt is in his second year and the run defense literally could be worse.

With that said i choose both. Need to add a difference maker on the OL and probably a couple in the front 7 of the defense.
In a perfect world where JA , Penny , Brooks comes back ( I've heard he'll be out this next season. ) It could possibly work. The defensive line doesn't seem to work so I'm m curious who comes back.