2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1r7wvd8m said:
Maelstrom787":1r7wvd8m said:
Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

They took the best player on their draft board. What are you talking about they didn't have a backup plan?
That was the plan. A trade didn't work, so they went with the player they viewed as the best.

How is that deer in the headlights?
This tired out narrative that the front office is incompetent is so frustrating at this point man.
If they were lost they would've let the time expire on their pick and let the Rams and Chiefs leap frog them.

This is the 56th pick in a crapshoot draft ffs. This doom and gloom stuff is so annoying at this point.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
zchurch74":3c3ttwm4 said:
CB …. OL…. No we don’t need. We are stacked at those positions. Let’s just take a SHORT wr. Our first pick is a returner??? SMH.

Nonsense, how are we stacked? We don’t have a legit #3 target.

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":4oxd24cs said:
Don't think the team could trade back and get fair value so they were forced to pick @ 56. So instead of reaching for a player they didn't value as high as they apparently valued Eskridge they picked a legit speedster, which creates mismatch problems with DK, and Lockett.

Eskridge was rocketing up draft boards with his legit track speed as the draft approached and people watched film on him.\. The highlight film on him shows he's a legit football burner who is very shifty in space and as said is F-A-S-T. Speed kills!

I personally am NOT a fan of Pocic who seems to be unable to anchor against any bull rush and wanted/ still want to see the team pick a C who has the ability to drop anchor and not be budged. I thought Dickerson was the best OC, Humphrey short armed and overrated, Meinerz raw but special, there are others and some who could be very underrated. The consensus of FOs around the league is was Humphrey was not fair value at pick # 56, in thend he wasn't picked until thend of the next round from our team's pick.

Perhaps the team has another plan as to what they will do a C and maybe we mays see Lewis become the starting C. Findig a C may be something the team doesn't accomplish until later in the offseason. Let's see what happens.

I hope you are right as Pocic is definitely not the answer at OC. Backup yes, but starter no.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2vvbtccg said:
pittpnthrs":2vvbtccg said:
Maelstrom787":2vvbtccg said:
Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

They took the best player on their draft board. What are you talking about they didn't have a backup plan?
That was the plan. A trade didn't work, so they went with the player they viewed as the best.

This tired out narrative that the front office is incompetent is so frustrating at this point man.
If they were lost they would've let the time expire on their pick and let the Rams and Chiefs leap frog them.

This is the 56th pick in a crapshoot draft ffs. This doom and gloom stuff is so annoying at this point.

Its all good. Your in love with the pick and I think he'll barely contribute at all this season if any. Its only football.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":fkmla1bt said:
Maelstrom787":fkmla1bt said:

You'd be complaining regardless, let's not fool ourselves.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":lw90fhs5 said:
Jerhawk":lw90fhs5 said:
pittpnthrs":lw90fhs5 said:
Maelstrom787":lw90fhs5 said:

Its all good. Your in love with the pick and I think he'll barely contribute at all this season if any. Its only football.

Completely dodged my counter point.
Yes, it's only football. You and the same characters that moan and groan about everything the team does and you never shy away from an opportunity to post a negative take, but yes, it's only football.

We should both hope he's a success. If he flops then I'll eat crow.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
For those of you that hate this 24 year old speedster, feel free to copy and paste this quote into your signature line. We'll see who is right come January 2022

Eskridge will make the pro bowl as a rookie
Eskridge will have over 1,000 receiving yards as a rookie
Eskridge will win offensive rookie of the year

Boom.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.

Own The West

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1388298060858601475[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
Aros":erdvvvmy said:
LOVE this pick. If Rob Rang loves this pick, I love this pick. His film looks spectacular. I love Hugh Millen's comments earlier today..."His legs look like a sewing machine." We finally found a #3 that will feel more like a #1 or #2. Antonio Brown 2.0. LOVE.

Just as a heads up, he's more Harvin than Antonio Brown skillset wise.

balakoth

Reaction score
Imagine being mad at passing up someone who "hasn't given up a sack in 2 years... (vs the worst competition in FBS there is to face)

ROFL..

Holy crap.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":3gza2786 said:
Aros":3gza2786 said:

He even looks like Harvin on tape in regards to physique. Similar gait, similar body composition.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":1ctotpj2 said:
Aros":1ctotpj2 said:

He is a really fast Golden Tate, same size, better hands and speed, has the intangibles of Lockett when he came out as Return guy as well, picked at 56, Tate at 60. More Natural receiver. He has all the upside of the guys we talk about all the time and better measurables. He just came from a lesser competition program. But he showed he could play with them in the Senior Bowl.

Waldron uses 4 receiver sets also, so we can go big with Swain and Metcalf, or small and quick with Lockett and Eskridge. Not losing any deep threat with any of them.

Also we will have a legit threat to still be accountable for if either Metcalf or Lockett miss a game at any point.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":hd3a2o94 said:
pittpnthrs":hd3a2o94 said:
Maelstrom787":hd3a2o94 said:

You'd be complaining regardless, let's not fool ourselves.

Biggest needs are OL and CB. Draft either of those and I would have been thrilled.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2d1vhnxv said:
For those of you that hate this 24 year old speedster, feel free to copy and paste this quote into your signature line. We'll see who is right come January 2022

Boom.

Done Lol

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
balakoth":2ngkhbbv said:
Imagine being mad at passing up someone who "hasn't given up a sack in 2 years... (vs the worst competition in FBS there is to face)

ROFL..

Holy crap.

The Big 12 is the worst conference in football? I realize not all conferences can be the mighty MAC but come on.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":2tt445hz said:
Fade":2tt445hz said:
Aros":2tt445hz said:

He is a really fast Golden Tate, same size, better hands and speed, has the intangibles of Lockett when he came out as Return guy as well, picked at 56, Tate at 60. More Natural receiver. He has all the upside of the guys we talk about all the time and better measurables. He just came from a lesser competition program. But he showed he could play with them in the Senior Bowl.

Waldron uses 4 receiver sets also, so we can go big with Swain and Metcalf, or small and quick with Lockett and Eskridge. Not losing any deep threat with any of them.

Also we will have a legit threat to still be accountable for if either Metcalf or Lockett miss a game at any point.

Golden Tate could really high point the football and make incredible catches in traffic. Eskridge is a Harvin clone, in that he looks like a kick returner/runner playing WR, while also not being very polished as a receiver. Run him on Jet Sweeps, line him up in the backfield at times, get the ball in his hands early and let him pile up the YAC. Harvin didn't play a lot with the Seahawks, but in the few games he did they loved to Jet Motion him, they will do the same with Eskridge.

It creates an extra layer to the running game that teams will now have to defend. Wide Zone, QB Boot off of wide zone, and Jet Motion. If teams get misaligned at any point, they will get wrecked. McVay has been doing it to Pete for years.

Eskridge I'm guessing will have around 800 yards Rushing/Receiving combined his rookie year if he plays in 17 games.

The most yards rushing Golden Tate has ever had in a single season is 41 on a measly 6 attempts. Eskridge will have nearly more yards rushing in his rookie year than Tate's entire career, which is only 216 yards. Harvin is the better comp.

Geologic

Reaction score
Jerhawk":uls2g5ks said:

Boom.
This only happens if Tyler Lockett or DK metcalf get injured

And I hope that doesn’t happen.

Not that I’m not rooting for the rookie to succeed it’s just the hawks don’t throw that much