2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This means at present the team has the following 9 draft picks for Trader John to deal with to increase:

1- 1st Rd.
2- 2nd Rd.
1- 3rd. Rd.
2- 4th Rd.
0- 5th Rd.
1- 6th Rd.
2- 7th Rd.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
In case you're wondering why Kendricks hasn't been put on IR -- I think they're waiting and hoping we beat Green Bay and then Al Woods comes back from suspension. The problem with adding a player before then is if we place a guy on waivers they can be claimed by whoever is the top of the claim order and basically belongs to that team -- so we can't bring him back to the practice squad.

So it really comes down to --- unless they really need someone to come off the PS and be active on Sunday there's no benefit to making a roster move. Then, next week after we beat Green Bay, Al Woods is active and Kendricks can go on IR.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
jammerhawk":38azwfsz said:
I read somewhere this morning the comp picks have been announced and the Seahawks will have 4 comp picks, a 3rd, a 4th, a 6th, and a 7th.

When I find the link I will post it.

They haven't been officially announced, but the folks out there who do a good job of predicting the comp picks have laid out their analysis.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2 ... y-picks-2/

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John that is precisely where i read the announcement. So far they have never been wrong with their predictions.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1215009391339950080[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1215009680218394624[/tweet]

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
What's interesting about Thompson is he was on Cincy's PS through the end of the season, but 7 days after the year is over he is free to sign with us.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thompson had been on the team's PS squad earlier though and it was only b/c the regular season had ended that the team didn't have to put him on the active roster for 4 games, after he was returned from the Bengal's PS.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well that was an interesting season!

The team made fewer roster moves this year than they have in the past few seasons notwithstanding the exceptional number of injuries..

There are lots of obvious roster Deletions that will come prior to next season and a few key roster decisions to be made for players who are UFAs.

First up will be the signing of the Futures (F) contract guys which will likely involve most of the PS. Then the speculations over Clowney, Reed, Ifedi, and few more will begin.

To me it’s clear the team needs to upgrade the DLine,, the depth at WR, S, and LB, some interesting decisions will need to be made about the OLine.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I did a quick look at the contracts for 2020 -- And making a few assumptions I show our available cap space in 2020 at between $48M and $49M. This is less than the widely reported $60M for a few reasons.

Tedric Thompson, Shaq Griffin and Chris Carson all qualify for the "proven performance esclator" which increases their base salary to the 2020 minimum restricted tender.

I applied RFA tenders to David Moore, Joey Hunt and Jacob Hollister.

Cap space is super fluid this time of year so just make sure whatever figures you hear reported have context assigned to them. Someone in a thread somewhere said "if we cut Britt and so and so we'll have $90M" which is just not true under any scenario.

I'm not assuming Britt is cut yet but he is certainly a possibility. Last year at this time I suggested Doug Baldwin could be cut and I was widely scewered for that one! I also wonder about Justin Myers --his guarantees kick in 5 days after the superbowl so we'll know pretty soon how they feel about him. In my opinion K.J. Wright is safe and I don't see any other obvious cap casualties.

I'll update later on as more information comes in.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":184elzs3 said:
I did a quick look at the contracts for 2020 -- And making a few assumptions I show our available cap space in 2020 at between $48M and $49M. This is less than the widely reported $60M for a few reasons.

Tedric Thompson, Shaq Griffin and Chris Carson all qualify for the "proven performance esclator" which increases their base salary to the 2020 minimum restricted tender.

I applied RFA tenders to David Moore, Joey Hunt and Jacob Hollister.

Cap space is super fluid this time of year so just make sure whatever figures you hear reported have context assigned to them. Someone in a thread somewhere said "if we cut Britt and so and so we'll have $90M" which is just not true under any scenario.

I'm not assuming Britt is cut yet but he is certainly a possibility. Last year at this time I suggested Doug Baldwin could be cut and I was widely scewered for that one! I also wonder about Justin Myers --his guarantees kick in 5 days after the superbowl so we'll know pretty soon how they feel about him. In my opinion K.J. Wright is safe and I don't see any other obvious cap casualties.

I'll update later on as more information comes in.

Jason Meyers was sketchy and it would not surprise me if they moved on. I think we can get another solid kicker for less than $3.6 M

I think we very well may cut:
Britt + $8.5M
KJ +$7.5M
Ed Dickson +$3M

Id sacrifice those 3 if we can easily keep Clowney and Reed on big contracts

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hi John:

Will be unable to that until next week as pressure of work is taking most of my free time.

This is a a timely post as last season I didn't until closer to FA.

Thanks for your reminder.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This thread has been rather quickly unstickied this year, the decision was made by others above my level. Usually it stays up and stickied until closer to the combine and FA. With more than 20,000 hits you would think it might be important to keep stickied for a bit longer. Historically the season doesn’t end until the Super Bowl.

Until the thread is edited and recreated the posters will need to search for roster info on the board instead of having a quickly available source.

The new thread is thankfully coming soon.

Much thanks to all those who helped in keeping the information current. Without the contributions made by each of them the uptake of the info and it’s ready availability would be much slower and potentially less accurate. It is a joint enterprise of many respected members here. Thanks guys!

Latest posts