2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Crizilla

Reaction score
Servais brings up Heredia, plays him 1 game, then goes back to Gamel.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle is sleepwalking through this game. Hitting, defense, and pitching looks like crap.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
M's proving (It seems) to be a very good late inning team.. I can remember a 2k1 team that had similar traits.

getnasty

Reaction score
Damn I wanted Diaz to throw the slider there and he did, now I wish he would have just stuck with the heater.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1gs5gqs8 said:
M's proving (It seems) to be a very good late inning team.. I can remember a 2k1 team that had similar traits.
Until that. Looked like Diaz had the hitter struck out on the pitch before the homerun.
That why I wish he had a viable 3rd pitch. The hitter was sitting on that pitch.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":s2849oip said:
Bobblehead":s2849oip said:
Until that. Looked like Diaz had the hitter struck out on the pitch before the homerun.
That why I wish he had a viable 3rd pitch. The hitter was sitting on that pitch.

I doubt he's sitting on a slider or if he is there's no chance he hits a fastball amd he just guess right. That pitch just hung no movement to it at all.

sutz

Reaction score
After a pretty dead game last night, they finally showed some life. Nice to see Healy and Gamel contribute. I remember thinking "Gamel PH? What the hell?" But he came around and scored.

Helluva game. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":1aj6bd6w said:
That game is why baseball is the best
Great win, against a PITA Halo’s team. It shouldn’t be as hard as the M’s bullpen makes it.
Always seem to be behind in the games against the Halos.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2hog7gfr said:
Our offense is awesome. Please get pitching. What a game.

While I agree that our offense is pretty good, they were just spinning their wheel for the majority of the game. They seem to do this against the better pitchers until we get into their bullpens. There was a stat last night that the Mariners score over 34% of their runs in the 7th inning on. That is not a horrible statistic, but it emphasizes the need for better starting pitching from our guys. A percentage of those runs come in losses. If we get better starting pitching to keep the games closer, then the Mariners are a legit contender.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2tmumatk said:
Shanegotyou11":2tmumatk said:
Our offense is awesome. Please get pitching. What a game.

While I agree that our offense is pretty good, they were just spinning their wheel for the majority of the game. They seem to do this against the better pitchers until we get into their bullpens. There was a stat last night that the Mariners score over 34% of their runs in the 7th inning on. That is not a horrible statistic, but it emphasizes the need for better starting pitching from our guys. A percentage of those runs come in losses. If we get better starting pitching to keep the games closer, then the Mariners are a legit contender.
It's very hard to have both-good hitting with good starting pitchers..
We had great starting pitching for 4-5 years with lousy hitting and now it is reversed.
I think the teams plan is get to 5th and let the bullpen do the rest.
It has worked but then you get Diaz slumping lately or Nicaso ect..It happens
This is what we have unless we get more scraps like Harvey ect and that doen't
mean much as he wasn't doing anything just like our bottom starters

GeekHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3qxueh69 said:
I thought Ichiro didn’t really speak English.. how can he be in the front office?

Mariners beat reporters have always said that Ichiro speaks English well, he just chooses to use an interpreter.

Latest posts