2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
I think Pax is turning into the new Felix, in a bad way. He would have 2 or 3 more wins this year if he'd had more run support. That was kind of an ugly way to finish what was a gem from Pax.

:34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic to see the bullpen blow that epic performance from Paxton. In addition, the Offense leaving a ridiculous amount of guys on base didn't help.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Using up Heredia as a PR instead of saving him to PH Ichiro was poor management.

Bad spot for Diaz to give up hist 1st HR but it was bound to happen.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":4indqucv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KIRORadio/status/992104125096775680[/tweet]

Makes sense why they didnt ph for him there.

It sucks watching father time win.

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1xfsnil6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KIRORadio/status/992104125096775680[/tweet]
Long time coming. Glad he has a spot with the team somewhere, but I'm glad he's off the field. He's been a bit of a liability. :229031_shrug:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I thought Ichiro didn’t really speak English.. how can he be in the front office?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3i2urqo8 said:
Don’t see what SS sees in Nicasio. Games like this is why I hate pitch limits for MLB pitchers, especially if they are dealing.
Yeah, me neither. Nicasio just isn't impressive. It sucks that Jerry signed him to a big contract. I feel like if a starter is mowing em down like Pax was last night, you have to ride them. No excuses for what Servais pulled last night.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Such a Mariners move not only to pick Ichiro up in the first place, but to feel so guilty about releasing him that we give him a position in the front office.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":vs5wooff said:
Such a Mariners move not only to pick Ichiro up in the first place, but to feel so guilty about releasing him that we give him a position in the front office.

I don't know, I think Iciro knew full well, that the only reason he was here was because Gamal was injured and his future was questionable once Gamel was healthy.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":27zjea2w said:
I'm on the fence about pulling Paxton. If he was at 90 something pitches then definitely put him out there in the 8th. But at 105 and still early in the season...i can see why Servais pulled him. Then again...didn't Kluber go almost 120 pitches against us last week? It was one of those low scoring games that you aren't going to win all of them. Yanks just took 3 out of 4 against the Astros....M's still have a chance to pick up a game today.
MLB pitchers are “babied” more now then ever before and arm injuries seem to be even more frequent.

105 pitches for a stretched out pitcher isn’t a ton IMHO, especially when you are stil throwing 98 on the last pitch. As long as the pitchers arm is feeling good, the velocity is still there, and they are getting outs, let em pitch.

It wasn’t uncommon for Randy Johnson to throw 130-150 pitches in a start.
He pitched for 22 years in the bigs.

However for little league and highschool I religiously believe in strict pitch counts, and applaud both LL, and the state highschool associations for having pitch counts.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":19stj8u1 said:

moving Edgar to a coaching position turned out great. I don't see anything wrong with giving Ichiro work to do. Best hitter in franchise history. I don't think it was a guilt trip at all.

4 straight series win! LeBlanc's location was spot on in those 4 innings.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3p995l3q said:
Crizilla":3p995l3q said:
MLB pitchers are “babied” more now then ever before and arm injuries seem to be even more frequent.

105 pitches for a stretched out pitcher isn’t a ton IMHO, especially when you are stil throwing 98 on the last pitch. As long as the pitchers arm is feeling good, the velocity is still there, and they are getting outs, let em pitch.

However for little league and highschool I religiously believe in strict pitch counts, and applaud both LL, and the state highschool associations for having pitch counts.
Remember Nolan?Thats why that crap about todays players being better conditioned is hogwash.
I don't see it..Some of these pitcher today have 2-3 TJ surgeries before 30..

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":12xify5a said:
Sports Hernia":12xify5a said:
Crizilla":12xify5a said:

Remember Nolan?Thats why that crap about todays players being better conditioned is hogwash.
Nolan Ryan was the master of using his legs when pitching. That’s where a majority of his power/velocity came from.
Pitching the way he did is a lost art.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I hope if any of y'all are going to any of these games coming up against the Angels you let Ohtani have it!!! :stirthepot: :irishdrinkers:

getnasty

Reaction score
DJrmb":qurkdqub said:
I hope if any of y'all are going to any of these games coming up against the Angels you let Ohtani have it!!! :stirthepot: :irishdrinkers:

If only Ichiro was in the front office earlier we might have been cheering Ohtani

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2iz86to1 said:
IndyHawk":2iz86to1 said:
Sports Hernia":2iz86to1 said:
Crizilla":2iz86to1 said:

Nolan Ryan was the master of using his legs when pitching. That’s where a majority of his power/velocity came from.
Pitching the way he did is a lost art.
Yes it is but that is the proper way to pitch..Many pitchers in the past used this and somehow it
got lost along the way.
Today it's a big deal if they make through 7... :34853_doh: