2 chances 2 failures

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Plus, AZ won the field Position battle all game, they were always getting the ball around midfield and the Hawks were stuck deep in their own territory. I feel our D played great despite the field position AZ had all game. This game was lost on the offensive end, we average 27 pts a game and only scored 10. The defense did what they had to do, kept them in the game and offense choked it up

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rbk0rm0 said:
stack55":1rbk0rm0 said:
Yea, the D should of skunked them, not.
Other than the D missing a few plays and a few
Penalties at some bad time, they had a great game.

True, but this is now two times in three weeks that our D gave up a long game winning drive. Sorry, but Arizona does NOT have a good offense, especially with a gimpy Palmer and Fitzgerald. There's no excuse for letting Palmer march 70 yards to score a TD.

BTW, the D might have intercepted Palmer a bunch of times, but they gave up WAY too many yards in the run game, especially on first down. How many 2nd/3rd and shorts did Arizona have? Sure they only scored 17 pts, but loss of time of possession means less opportunities for our offense to get rolling.

Time of possession has a lot to do with the offense too. How many 3 and outs did the Hawks have on offense? How Many first downs?

seanoob

Reaction score
Wasn't it 2 out of 13 3rd down conversions? It was not good.

ceej22

Reaction score
Man our defense is horrible. I mean how many times must they give the offense the ball on the 3 yard line before the offense scores or how about forcing a turnover after a special teams fumble inside the 20. Should have let them score so we would have another chance at fumbling the kick off.

:sarcasm_off:

BTW 91 of Palmer's 174 passing yards and of Arizona's 304 total yards came on 2 plays. 1 was ripe with blown tackles. The other you have to hand it to Floyd and Palmer as Maxwell was all over Floyd. Was just a great play. The #1 defense in the NFL also held them to 3.2 yards per carry. That's not exactly a dominating run game by the Cardinals. So please do not act like this game was on the defense.

Some interesting stats:

2-11 on deep balls
2-13 3rd down conversion
Wilson sacked 4 times
22 minutes TOP, yeah you might try and blame this on the defense for not getting off the field but come on 2-13 on 3rd downs. The offense wasn't giving them a chance.

The 1 glaring part on the defense is the 6 1st downs they handed to AZ with penalties.

kf3339

Reaction score
This loss and the Niner loss are not on the defense at all. In both cases they did more than just their job. It was a fantastic performance on their part, even with the two fourth quarter drives by Arizona and the Niners.

No, this loss and the Niner loss are clearly on the offense. In these cases I wouldn't blame Lynch because he plays at 120% every play. He may have missed a hole once or twice per game, but it's only noticeable because of how few are opened for him.

I am putting this loss and the Niner loss squarely on Pete Carroll. He was the one who wanted Bevell as his OC. Paul Allen didn't demand Pete to sign him. JS didn't require his signing as a condition to coming on as General Manager. Nope, this is on Carroll.

Our offense looks almost like a high school team right now. No creativity and no ability to adjust to the realities on the field during the game. It's just pathetic that PC has stayed with him this long, which is making me believe that it may be PC that is dictating what he wants his offense to be. If so, that is a major problem because PC doesn't have a true offensive mindset. His best teams at SC were when he had Norm Chow who handled the play calling and was extremely creative in both game planning and adjustments within the game.

I also have pretty much lost all confidence in our glorified OC coach/Assistant Head Coach Tom Cable. It's now been nearly three years since he was hired and our O-Line looks worse than when he started. This is just plain pathetic.

I will always be a Hawk fan, but I don't have the same hope for this team today. I will follow and root my heart out, but this is not the type of team philosophy I thought we were getting when PC was hired.