10-6, 10-5-1, 9-7, 10-6

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Breh":2h2o6os1 said:
I don't think 10 wins will guarantee a wild card at all.
Saints should win the South.
Rest of the divisions look like a crapshoot.
Dallas and Philly both looked good. Especially Dallas.
Minny neutered Kirk to 20 passes, unleashed Dalvin and looked great.
GB may have found a defense.
Maybe this late weekend was an anomaly for Chicago.
Us and the Rams.
That's a lot of good teams capable of double digit wins.
I don't think 10 is gonna do it and it only worked last year because we won every tie-breaker necessary.
It's gonna be a dogfight this year.

As others have said, more quality teams also means more teams beating each other up. 8 teams in a league arent going to all win 10 games or more very often, they just arent

10 wins of course doesnt guarantee anything, but its a very safe bet most years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It feels like many years, kind of an ugly start then they get it rolling. A bunch of people will throw in the towel, and the Hawks will have their typical late season surge. I'm sticking with 10-6 and a playoff win. And no, I'm not satisfied with that at all, that's just what I feel this team will do.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Right, 2015-2017 were disappointments, and by 2016, it showed that the team had begun to decline with 2017 being the bottom and a good reason for a reload.

The fact that Pete got 10 wins out of last years team is a huge credit to his coaching ability; not some reason to bemoan our fate. This year will be much the same -- with a lot of hope the team starts to congeal just as it did in 2011 (albeit with better odds because they have Russell instead of Tjack) to make a 2012 like run in 2020.

The Breh

Reaction score
@AgentDib and @Hawkpower -
I simply said 10 doesn't guarantee a playoff trip.
Then named teams also capable of putting up 10 wins also.
As they beat upon their division rivals, also shall we.
Point being-there's gonna be team or 2 with double digit wins not playing past the regular season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
AgentDib":12ty6m24 said:
MontanaHawk05":12ty6m24 said:
A Super Bowl team is just a 10-win team with a handful of lucky plays added.
Most fans realize this at some level, after all the Giants were #8 in the next power rankings immediately after a Super Bowl win. However, the narrative fallacy is very powerful and before long people will construct a story to explain away any small sample sizes with a more compelling narrative than randomness.

Here's nine rolls from a dice that I happen to have lying on my desk: 2 2 1 6 6 1 1 3 6.

At first that looks like it could just be a random d6 output, but after further analysis the pattern starts to become clear. The dice initially struggled for the first three seasons but managed to turn the resulting wealth of high draft picks into a great team in years 4 and 5. Of course that Super Bowl window collapsed when all of the stars had to be paid, but the coaching staff managed to rebuild in order to get them back to a championship in season 9.

This is probably the smartest post I've seen on this site in a long time. The unwillingness of fans to recognize randomness and try to ascribe meaning is equivalent to how most religions develop.

Latest posts