“We Still Mad”. Bobby Wagner

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's adorable, Jeremiah. Dear god......it never ends.

It's clear where he's living, 2 years later..........boo hoo
Get TF over it already. He.....is..........gone.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I didn't really care for the play call as I would have liked a Read Option type of call. However, it was not horrible. The execution from Russ to Kearse to Ricardo was the issue. If the throw is lower? Probably at worst is a incompletion and same if Ricardo attacks the ball.

Now after the fact and a decade plus later. The defense comes across bitter, thin skinned themselves. Yes, they were historic. However, you lose as a team and win as a team. Russ was not perfect and has a ego but what qb or player doesnt? Imagine if in every interview a offensive player said "our defense blew a 10 point lead and ruined the team".

I would say the same thing. Be better. Both sides lost. What made the defense great also killed them. I will always remember the Atlanta Playoffs (blow out one) on Mic'd up where Kam said "We always lose when we start fighting each other".

That was to the defense.

In the end, i had the best time watching a SB win and a fantastic run. I got to see a historic defense, a great qb and rb. A awesome coach. What a time it was. It sucks the loss to the Pats overshadows the win vs the Broncos.

BASF

Reaction score
So weird this keeps coming up. Lockette was open when Lockette was supposed to be. The ball could not be thrown because Sweezey and Unger got blown back into the passing lane they were supposed to open. Russ double clutched and threw the ball late. How is this so hard to grasp?

evergreen

Reaction score
People forget Bennet going offsides after that and letting Brady get out iv the endzone to kneel down. The D had a chance for a miracle. They do happen. See NFCCG for evidence. Get the safety and big play for a field goal attempt. That’s how it was supposed to end.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Jesus...it's pathetic people are still beating this dead horse.
Not so fast.

Being a sports fan (short for fanatic) means different things to different people.
It’s impossible to label any amount of emotional investment right or wrong if we want to be completely honest.

For those still feeling unfulfilled over #49, hearing a player talk about feelings that match their own kinda validates what they have going on.

Time does heal all wounds, some just take more time than others.

We all fan the way we fan, nobody is right nobody is wrong for how they fan even if you disagree with them.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
So weird this keeps coming up. Lockette was open when Lockette was supposed to be. The ball could not be thrown because Sweezey and Unger got blown back into the passing lane they were supposed to open. Russ double clutched and threw the ball late. How is this so hard to grasp?
Have not heard this take before. I'll look for that next time I watch the play. So many pieces involved.

I've always held Bevell responsible. Pete took the arrows for him. Pete called for a pass, Bevell called for THAT play.

BASF

Reaction score
Have not heard this take before. I'll look for that next time I watch the play. So many pieces involved.

I've always held Bevell responsible. Pete took the arrows for him. Pete called for a pass, Bevell called for THAT play.
I have put it forth many many times before here. The screencap Maelstrom posted before:

LocketteOpenButINT
which I believe was first posted by Keasley is when the ball is supposed to be thrown. Lockette may have still been stopped by Butler at the goal line, but as you can see Unger and Sweezy have been pushed back into the passing lane that should have been there. With no passing lane Wilson could not throw it on time due to his height. The rest is history.

I agree with you that the play should not have been called. I have always put forth that running this formation with any variation with Lockette running to the outside results in a walk in touchdown as Browner knew we ran only one route out of this formation. With a simple wrinkle there, we are two time world champs. The post season and especially the super bowl is the best time for doing different things, but Bevell made a stupid decision and stuck to something we practiced dozens of times against the DB that was then opposing us.