Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Something that's going to weigh heavily in Percy's decision is going to be a potential Super Bowl ring. Can you imagine electing to have the surgery, then watching your teammates potentially play in or win the Super Bowl that you could have been on the field for? Personally, if it's a minor tear, I'm on the field.

amill87

Reaction score
Yeah, the "news" by Rapport doesn't seem like anything.

Honestly I doubt we hear anything today and tomorrow Pete says they are gonna take it easy with him but I doubt surgery will be performed before this season. He may opt to wait till after the season, everyone talks about how tough Harvin is, if Chancellor played with a similar injury, I can see Harvin playing through the season.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
My gut tells me that Percy is going to milk this as much as he can to avoid practicing with the team, but when the season rolls around, he will be suited up and featured prominently in the offense.

hawker84

Reaction score
even if he misses some games, just seeing how focused and determined Baldwin and Tate are , makes me feel very confident in the recieving core going into the season..

Cartire

Reaction score
Of course surgery is on the table. The doc evaluating him today is going to be the guy performing it. The tear was already known.

$$$$$$

Thats what the Doc see's when he says Surgery is an option. He would be dumb not too.

oasis

Reaction score
Rest and Rehab for the entire season, let the thing heal on its own without surgery, become ultra-explosive for the playoff run -- opposing coaches won't even be able to gameplan for it.
The Wilson-Harvin connection would be unknown and something to be feared.

The above is imagination at play. No knowledge of science or Harvin's situation necessary.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":s61u39jd said:
KCHawkGirl":s61u39jd said:
That's too vague to suss anything out. Considering his options? How many are there?

I imagine that if the tear was bad enough that Harvin couldn't play on it at all, there'd only be the one option.

So in a way, it's good that there seem to be more.
That's what I was trying to point out actually. It seems like playing isn't a fantasy but a viable option. And all we hear about is how competitive Percy is. So maybe the situation isn't as dire as many think.

Who cares if he misses practices? Marshawn does all the time.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
On Q It Up Sports last night, they had a clip of John Schnieder saying: "It's possible he could be suited up and practicing next week"
Of course last week PC said surgery could mean he's out for the season, but that could just be a PC mind-fk directed at Harvin--"You screw with me, you don't play"

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1z9vw09h said:
My gut tells me that Percy is going to milk this as much as he can to avoid practicing with the team, but when the season rolls around, he will be suited up and featured prominently in the offense.

Not criticizing at all but your view is pretty negative as far as Harvin is concerned. Don't you think Percy actually wants to practice and play with the Seahawks? My suspicion is he is actually more than a tad frustrated by this situation and wants to play and practice pain free or at least so he doesn't aggravate the hip any further or so he knows how it can be healed that works best for him and for the team.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2aqwcnbl said:
SmokinHawk":2aqwcnbl said:

Not criticizing at all but your view is pretty negative as far as Harvin is concerned. Don't you think Percy actually wants to practice and play with the Seahawks? My suspicion is he is actually more than a tad frustrated by this situation and wants to play and practice pain free or at least so he doesn't aggravate the hip any further or so he knows how it can be healed that works best for him and for the team.

Well, I wouldn't have this opinion if Percy Harvin didn't have a history of pulling similar shit. I guess it amounts to what is more important to him, collecting a paycheck (which he will do no matter what happens), or winning a championship.

At any rate, I expect we will have our answer soon enough.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Have his former coaches or teammates ever said Percy plays games or is that just the media/fan opinion? I'm pretty much thinking it's the latter, and I suspect a lot of it comes from people who never had a migraine in their lives. If they had, they wouldn't question anyone not wanting to practice while having one.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I think Percy's just milking it for all he can. Dude hates practicing and that's never been a secret about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.