Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Florio is always a negative Nellie and sometime no news is just exactly that, no news.

I don't think Percy will lose any playing time but my opinion has the same weight as the negative viewpoint.

In the same vein the news that Rice is flying to Switzerland for blood platlette treatment to his knee or knees may also be no news, a curiousity, or bad news. Pick your poison according to your viewpoint.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1u4jhw2o said:
Florio says no news may be bad news: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... good-news/

I know it is sacrilegious to endorse a Florio opinion or to be negative about this whole thing around here, but I agree with him. If the news was good, we'd know by now.

He's just milking it for a more dramatic post and more traffic. He knows nothing more than anybody else at this point. Rapaport said Harvin would consider his options this evening: isn't it possible that the reason why we haven't heard much is because Harvin hasn't decided what he was going to do?

cdallan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":37alnko6 said:
What does incarceratedBob have to say about this?

Apparently Carson Palmer is looking at houses in the Seattle area as we speak.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Bottom line, Florio told people Harvin would see the doctor and Tuesday, he knows that people are logging onto his site to see if there's any news on Harvin, but there isn't any so he spins that as something ominous just so he can have something to day about it. It may well be bad news, but the fact that we haven't heard anything yet is not evidence of impending bad news no matter how much Florio tries to pretend otherwise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ubdamj2m said:
Florio says no news may be bad news: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... good-news/

I know it is sacrilegious to endorse a Florio opinion or to be negative about this whole thing around here, but I agree with him. If the news was good, we'd know by now.

Maybe.

There is a tear in the labrum, that we know according to Seattle's doctors...........so this isn't a "is there a tear or isn't there" black and white 2nd opinion issue.

This is a "how bad is the tear, and can I play on it this year without jeopardizing my career or have long term problems" gray area. So that's why we haven't heard anything yet. It might take a couple days for Harvin to talk to everyone involved and come up with a course of action.

Largent80

Reaction score
Just pretend we didn't have a first round pick, and all will be fine. Because our dream of Harvin was just that.
It is a perfect time to the others to step up.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
A poster over on another site said that he had a torn "labia". Lucky for us...because that would probably be a career ender.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":we8hufna said:
I think Percy's just milking it for all he can. Dude hates practicing and that's never been a secret about him.
Didn't Percy injure the hip running full speed at a non team practice? Him, Russell, and the boys were getting ready for camp and he hurt himself? Doesn't sound like a guy who hates practicing.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":7808fy1o said:
I am sorry, but this is just speculation on your part, even if it is coming from an exceptionally intelligent person whose work I very much enjoy reading (if theENGLISHseahawk is who I think that he is).

No need to apologise, but I don't see what I'm speculating about really? After all, I'm just agreeing with Florio and suggesting myself this has become a shambles. Which IMO, it has.

Harvin's gone from flying around one minute, to sitting the next. The team doctors say he can play, but then he wants a second opinion. It's taken days to get that second opinion, dragging out the drama even longer. And now everyone is being forced to wait even longer while Percy finally decides what he wants to do.

Harvin is known for drama, and this is another example. Make a decision Percy and get on with it so whatever happens this team can move on.

pehawk

Reaction score
I just heard; have surgery and be available about week 12 or play through.

I dont care either way.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Can you define "become a shambles"? I have never seen the term shambles used in that way. Thanks.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2z1lf834 said:
Smelly McUgly":2z1lf834 said:
I am sorry, but this is just speculation on your part, even if it is coming from an exceptionally intelligent person whose work I very much enjoy reading (if theENGLISHseahawk is who I think that he is).

No need to apologise, but I don't see what I'm speculating about really? After all, I'm just agreeing with Florio and suggesting myself this has become a shambles. Which IMO, it has.

Harvin's gone from flying around one minute, to sitting the next. The team doctors say he can play, but then he wants a second opinion. It's taken days to get that second opinion, dragging out the drama even longer. And now everyone is being forced to wait even longer while Percy finally decides what he wants to do.

Harvin is known for drama, and this is another example. Make a decision Percy and get on with it so whatever happens this team can move on.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the drama here. If Harvin plays through this injury and it turns out to be more serious than the team doctor thinks it is, he is risking a more serious injury that could affect not only his career but his life after football. Don't you think that's worth taking a little time to be sure?

And now that he has seen the doctor and gotten his second opinion, don't you think it's worth taking a few hours, maybe even sleeping on it, to think it over and make the right decision?

You talk about this "dragging on even longer," but it has only been five days! Five days in which he probably wouldn't have been practicing anyway. What is the big deal?

And as for agreeing with Florio, why? The man basically said that he has nothing to report but that it COULD be a bad outcome. Nobody has anything to report and everyone knows that the outcome could be bad. Florio is the same guy who concocted a theory last spring that the Seahawks could cut Sidney Rice for cap reasons after trading for Harvin and based that theory on ZERO actual evidence. The man just throws [stuff] up against the wall to see what sticks. Take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.