hawks move to #1 on NFL.com rankings

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rtrh8wt said:
NinerLifer":3rtrh8wt said:
When we were on the top of this OFF-SEASON power poll most of you said that these things were pointless and just fluff to fill the void until pre-season started.

Now that you are on top and we are second it is suddenly a meaningful tool for judging a teams potential.

C'mon guys

If you don't like the pro-Seahawks commentary from the fans on a Seahawks fan forum, we can show you the door.

In the mean time...zip it. :16:
Wait a minute... aren't Niner fans here, not to glorify themselves, but to purely talk football? They wouldn't intend to veil insults. Surely, their presence and interaction improves the quality of this forum. Why would they need to be shown the door?
:sarcasm_off:

Rodgers

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":1vt3vege said:
kearly":1vt3vege said:
nIdahoSeahawk":1vt3vege said:
I see on the NFL's facebook post, that quite a few people are saying "packers #1"

No run game, lost one of their better receivers, and mediocre defense. Way too many holes. If anything, Packers could be the team to plummet down the rankings this year.
Well if you subscribe to the theory that draft picks can help you have to figure Lacy and/or Franklin along with DuJuan Harris who actually was looking pretty good to finish the season you can see the Packers will likely improve there.
Losing Greg Jennings isn't as bad as it might seem, it opens the door for the other receivers to get more touches. Randall Cobb can ably fill the shoes of Jennings (who was out for half of last season).
11th ranked D last season. I don't think they will be top 3 but top 10 for certain and possibly top 5 with injured players back (hopefully not much in the way of injuries this year).
Where are you seeing the holes in this team? Where are the Packers weak?
They do have one of the toughest schedules this season but they are loaded with young talent. Really, please tell me where you think the Packers holes are?

Rodgers

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mbehvwf said:
NinerLifer":3mbehvwf said:
When we were on the top of this OFF-SEASON power poll most of you said that these things were pointless and just fluff to fill the void until pre-season started.

Now that you are on top and we are second it is suddenly a meaningful tool for judging a teams potential.

C'mon guys

Perhaps it has something to do with the superstar WR we picked up that is 25 years old, or the old veteran CB that was ranked slightly ahead of Richard Sherman as the best CB in the NFL last year by Pro Football Focus, or the moves we made to add more pass rushing power. Our weakest link on defense last year (nickel/slot coverage) is suddenly a strength, our pass rush is pretty much guaranteed to be improved at least a little, and our offense that was en fuego the last half of the season picked up the most dynamic, creative receiver in the league.

We were ranked 2nd-best team in the NFL before all of that. You honestly think we have any problem being ranked #1 now after the aforementioned? There's something to be said about fan hypocrisy, but don't pretend like you and all of your fan base doesn't do it, too. I remember you guys crying about how not everyone was picking you to go to the Super Bowl and win it when the playoffs came in Harbaugh's first year, and most of you wouldn't listen to reason about Alex Smith's lack of experience in the postseason.

Give us a break, NinerLifer. :roll:
Well here's another "outsiders" take:
If you're a fan of another team and you didn't worry about playing Seattle last year, after this year's acquisitions you should be a little more nervous.
I don't believe in all the hype either. Look what happened to the Eagles with the "dream team" but still - you take one part SB potential team and add one part top flight offensive weapon, one part seasoned vet DBack, one part solid contributors and one part draft. Mix it up and you can't help but think the Hawks are every bit the contender as any other top flight team and I'm not surprised at all to see them atop any preseason rankings.
If I were a troll I'd dismiss all of these quality additions but as a football fan you can't ignore the potential.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is a color writer whose dart happens to have landed on the right team this week. Next week he'll go back to being wrong.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3jdapjp6 said:
This is a color writer whose dart happens to have landed on the right team this week. Next week he'll go back to being wrong.

Exactly. I am sure that we will see the Broncos on top eventually when some writer decides that Manning is aging and he will be extra motivated to win it all before he retires.

Heck...he might be this years Ray Lewis if the fix is really in as mentioned in that other thread LOL.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He cites Crabtree's injury as the reason Seattle jumped over the niners. Although that is a huge injury, the Seahawks are poised to be the better team anyway. Without Harvin, the Seahawks averaged 34 points per game down the stretch last season. Adding Harvin just opens up the offense even more. Even if Harvin misses some games, the Seahawks are more than capable offensively.

I'm surprised there was no mention of the HUGE niner trade that brought Bolden to Frisco. Bolden is a good WR as long as he is the second or third guy. When he was asked by Baltimore to be their number one guy, he wasn't very productive. He is really good against the second or third best corners on a lot of teams, but he won't see those guys much with what the niners are going to be rolling out in their WR corps.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":uaca6sbw said:

I'll make fun of the people that do this again, even though it pisses a lot of people off. You should join in, it's fun.