NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOz56

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25p16e6a said:
I know its the Sacbee, but they have multiple articles out now saying that if KJ's group matches the offer that they would be more than happy to do business with them and keep them in Sacramento. I hate this stupid rollercoaster ride.............

If you're willing to believe a news source that has struck out more often than its hit, I dunno what to tell you but to take Pinks advice and get off the computer for a week. Seriously, you don't find it funny that every time something goes against Sacramento, they come out with a "we meant for this to happen, and this is a good thing," statement? This is a dog and pony show coming out of Sac, nothing more. PR 101. Cut the "woe is me" attitude that has developed from Seattle sports fans.

Msfann

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2wfol4fd said:
Seahawk Sailor":2wfol4fd said:
Heh: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/12/5336141/ailene-voisin-maloofs-wouldnt.html

From that article: "Though the NBA clearly wants another franchise in Seattle, which lost the Sonics to Oklahoma City five years ago after similar and protracted arena wranglings, the league is reluctant to abandon Sacramento for a number of reasons, including TV market size (20th), proven viability and history of fan support, potential for economic and population growth, and lack of competition (the Kings are the only major-league sports franchise in town)."

Really? They'd push for keeping the Kings in the 20th-ranked television market instead of allowing a move to the 14th largest market?

I'm sorry, but when you list staying in the 20th largest TV market over moving to the 14th largest, you lose a teenie-tiny bit of credibility there. Oh, and we can probably compare Seattle's history of fan support, and potential for economic and population growth too, while we're at it.

True but they maybe trying to have their cake and eat it too. What if Stern in the back his mind has alternative plan and is using the Seattle deal to force Sac to build an arena? Bobcats?

I've wondered about that too, that Seattle gets used by the league for a bit to scare other cities into building new arenas before getting a bone thrown our way.

But my gut feeling is the kings are coming to Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2y1h6xhk said:
I know its the Sacbee, but they have multiple articles out now saying that if KJ's group matches the offer that they would be more than happy to do business with them and keep them in Sacramento. I hate this stupid rollercoaster ride.............
They can say they have the money but if they do why havent they made a BINDING offer yet??
Hint: because they dont have enough money yet. The only card Sac has to play is the senimental card.

Sac

Reaction score
After having the Sonics ripped away from Seattle the lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for wishing the same thing in another city.

For shame.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":l3088oco said:
After having the Sonics ripped away from Seattle the lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for wishing the same thing in another city.

For shame.

It's the game the NBA started, they don't want to expand so what other option is there? And you wouldn't say that if it this was Milwaukee or Charlotte we were talking about.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
seahawk2k":2hyegtd5 said:
If this turns into a bidding war, the team is coming to seattle. Sacramento doesn't have the pockets to match if it gets to that. I definitely feel like we are going to get screwed here though.

It makes horrible business sense for the Kings to stay in Sacramento, but the NBA doesn't really care about that.
I beg to differ. The NBA owners are businessmen who will be making a hell of a lot of $ if the Kings become the Supersonics.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2yef0cil said:

For shame.
:snack:
Dont hate the player, hate the game (ie the NBA).
This is David Stern's NBA, they set precedent by letting Clay Clay move our team. There is an easy way out for the NBA, immediate expansion. Lets see if the NBA is smart enough to figure that one out,

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":20h3feom said:
Anyone else think that Stern is getting involved with helping the Sacramento group in an effort to drive up the price of the Kings that Hansen & Co. will eventually pay, thus raising the perceived values of the other franchises for the rest of the owners?
Yes, since you asked, that thought did cross my mind. Stern could be inflaming a bidding war because the more the team is sold for, regardless of whether they play in Sac or Seattle, the more all the rest of the NBA teams will be worth. It's like a house on your block selling for a million dollars - all the rest of the houses are worth more.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I'm feelin that boy Blitzer88 - ha ha. I think he's pessemistic out of psychic self-defense - hope for the best and expect the worst. We've still got another week on the roller-coaster, too. There could be some kind of resolution when the deadline passes - I hope that puts you at ease a bit, Blitzer. God - I love dashes.

The Outfield

Reaction score
5pm. Or not?

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 13m
Source: Maloofs will give Sacramento additional time to submit matching bid past 5 p.m. Fri. deadline. Story soon on http://NBA.com .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":y2t7uw0l said:
They've notified the nba that they will match, up that offer Hansen, screw these boys
I am a poker player, I smell a bluff...... I'm calling Sac's hand
Lets see that BINDING offer, Sacramento has said a lot of things that havent happened to be true and have missed every deadline so far, IMHO they are trying to by some more time. Plus I'm sure the the Hanson/Balmer/Nordstrom group has a plan B if true, which I doubt it is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Outfield":1w45o2py said:
5pm. Or not?

Source: Maloofs will give Sacramento additional time to submit matching bid past 5 p.m. Fri. deadline. Story soon on http://NBA.com .
The NBA has never recognized the Maloofs deadline.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1e4z9h28 said:
The Outfield":1e4z9h28 said:
5pm. Or not?

Yes, but this is the first news that the Maloofs will not recognize the Maloofs deadline.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39uxshsc said:
The Outfield":39uxshsc said:
5pm. Or not?

:34853_doh:

And than this:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 43m
RT @ryan_lillis: Source: Sacramento #NBAKings contingent has notified the #NBA it will match the offer on the table from Seattle.

GCrow

Reaction score
The Outfield":34739s6b said:
5pm. Or not?

The Maloofs will hold out for however long, as long as there's the possibility of getting more money.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Reading SonicsRising, anyone catch that Peter Holt, Owner the Spurs and Chairman of the BOG went in Pro Sacramento and came out Pro Seattle on the 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.