How do you feel about Richard Sherman's trash talking?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

How do you feel about Sherm's trash talking?

Doesn't bother me. He's All-Pro!
89%
I don't like it (or I'm a 49er fan)
11%

Total votes : 190

• I personally don't mind it. I've said time and time again that he is like the GP of the NFL. When he gets in the offense's head and makes plays like that, it puts a smile on my face. It's even more satisfying when I see opposing team's fans getting pissed off about it, yet they would probably welcome him on their team in a heartbeat.

I know some people think it's classless and unnecessary, and that it gives us a bad image.

Let's see how the opinions weigh out.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Voted out of boredom.

...is this all we're going to be talking about all off season???

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Too broad of choices. Neither of them represent my feelings on the matter.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

• People are going to have their philosophical differences but as long as he's supporting the team and backing up what he says I would hope those guys sit on their hands, grit their teeth, and just enjoy the benefits of having a player of his caliber in spite of those differences. The Larry Fitzgerald demeanor isn't for everyone.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

• SouthSoundHawk wrote:Voted out of boredom.

...is this all we're going to be talking about all off season???

I made the poll out of boredom. :?
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Haha, fair enough bud! I didn't mean it as a slight to you. Just the topic itself is already old and annoying.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Fine with me as long as he continues to perform like a top player on the field.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Sherman is the man . I remember thinking to myself last year around week 10 and thinking man this kid gets excited when he makes a play. Overly excited. but then week after week its how he plays great.
    I hope it doesnt change and I do not mind anything he does on the field.

not arguing that he could show more respect off the field , because he defintly could.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Doesn't bug me one bit. He's never made the trash talk personal in regards to having to do with off the field stuff. It's usually always about dfootball as far as I can tell.

If he were to start calling people out in their personal lives and saying stuff about people and talking smack about things not in regards to football, then it would get on my nerves, but he doesn't do that to my knowledge.

He does some good old fashioned football smack talk, and he's not anywhere near the first to talk this much smack, and he can back it all up as good as anyone out there.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• I don't have a problem with it. That's part of his personality, some guys use it to motivate themselves.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• LOVE IT !!!

It's all about attitude and getting in the heads of his opponents. It works and makes me smile. :lol:
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Love it, but I thought his recent thing against Revis was kind of crossing the line. If Seattle had been playing the Jets that week, maybe it's different. But to me it came across as not showing enough respect to one of the NFL's greatest current players.

Up until then, I thought Sherman deserved absolutely none of the shit he got from the media. Sherman is a totally cool guy that's just having fun for the most part. Plus, I think it's part of why he's so good. He's talking himself up, if you believe it you can be it.
    Last edited by kearly on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Perhaps a more telling thread would be 'How would you like Sherm's trash talking if he played for the 9ers'?

I think the honest answers would be...."not very much".

That's how I feel about it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Couldn't care less. If he wasn't good and didn't get all-pro this year, maybe I'd say tone it down. He's a monster, though, and it makes him do even better on the field.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:Perhaps a more telling thread would be 'How would you like Sherm's trash talking if he played for the 9ers'?

But he does NOT play for the 9er's. So perhaps not very telling :stirthepot:
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• He's fine, doesn't take cheap shots like the punk Finnegan.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• reluctantly voted "doesn't bother me", but what I wanted to vote for was "It kicks ass, hoping for more next year"
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie

• HawkWow wrote:Perhaps a more telling thread would be 'How would you like Sherm's trash talking if he played for the 9ers'?

My response would be the same regardless of which team he played for... the dude backs it up with his play on the field. The only time trash talk ever bothers me is when it's coming from someone who is all mouth, no game. That sure as hell ain't Sherman.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Trash talking on the field is cool.

Love the attitude on the field and when he is playing. Love the swagger and confidence. Not a fan of his twitter trash talk though.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I didn't vote because there is not a "I Love it" option.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• For the most part, my brother, he keeps his trash talking to the current team we played that week. Now, my brother, if he starts taking it to the streets and trash talking then I'd feel he's making himself and the team look foolish. Then, my brother, it comes off disrespectful and classless.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• trash talk and the swagger on the field, have no problem with.. this latest Revis twitter thing i didn't care for, and waving bye and telling the redskin crowd to drive safe and beat the traffic was a bit low and unnecessary... i wouldn't mind him trimming that stuff back a bit... so i guess that makes me a niner fan according to the thread title.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I don't mind it on the field but talking trash through twitter or the media is annoying.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

• I thought the trash talk to Brady was awesome and I love seeing him get in the heads of opposing players.

I still don't get the Revis comparison, though.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• As long as its kept on the field, I don't mind it. Off the field, comparisons, tweeting this/tweeting that I don't care for so much.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

• What do I think of Sherman's mouth?

What do I think of those that don't like it?

"VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I love it. Keep it up.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• This league seriously misses having a player like PrimeTime, so I'm happy to have a Hawk on the team who reminds me of the best player to ever play the game. He beat you with his play on the field, and his mouth in your ear. And I think Sherman has the potential to get THIS good, which will be fun as hell to watch:

"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• I have not been vaginified, so I think it's hella dope. Add it to the list of things Kelly Jennings would never do (along with "defend passes" and "get interceptions").

As a matter of fact, I love it so much that if I ever were to be vaginafied, I would take advantage of that and have Richard Sherman's baby. I love him THAT much.

Lol. That baby would talk so much shit...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• kearly wrote:Love it, but I thought his recent thing against Revis was kind of crossing the line.

The only thing I would say is that I don't think Sherm did anything "against" Revis. He wasn't trying to denigrate anybody, he was trying to promote himself, IMO, which I have no problem with. :Dunno:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• I love that it gets under everybody's skin so much. It seems to get them off their game.

Also not a fan of his twitter trash talk. Not a really big fan of him regularly giving the other team bulletin board material.

It kind of bothered me his rookie year, cuz he was talking trash and hadn't worked his game up to that level. Now that he's elite, I'm good with it on the field.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Sherman backs it up..

I just hope Sherman doesn't end up like Terrell Owens when he is close to retirement, or has come to the time when he should retire but refuses.. Still talking trash when his prime has passed and all the young, talented players are destroying him.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

• I wish there was an option "I think it kicks ass".

But really... The real reason I like it is because Niner fans HATE it. I take joy in knowing that everything that happens with the Hawks pisses off some arrogant, self-proclaimed football icon Niner fan.

What makes it even better is that Sherman hates that Ultra-Next-Level Douche Harbaugh. Those ball-sacks are fans of a team going to the Super-Bowl and they are still complaining about Sherman and the Hawks.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• As long as he continues to walk the walk he can talk the talk.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I too would prefer a "Love It" option.
    Cuz he backs it up, and it effects the opposition.

Look what it got Sanders. Prime Time indeed.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• I love the attitude of Wilson as the face and leader of the team but I do like the CBs and the D in general a bit more mouthy and cocky as hell.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• in the words of a fellow named billy. play on Macbeth.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.

Yes, and everyone must think exactly like you do. :roll:

Refer back to the last line of your first paragraph and follow it.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't like it. Never have out of any athlete. If your that good your play will do your talking for you. If your that good others will let you know. If your that bad.......... You won't see the field. I like Sherman's ability but his actions are juvenile. If he is as good as he thinks......keep your mouth shut and let your actions speak for you.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie

• It's like, I don't care that you don't like me, "My Brathahs"....You disrespect me, but you can't stop me, cuz you long enough in the legs, but you ain't big enough between the legs to be diss'n me like that.
    I'm not just pretty window dressin' I got a job to do out there, all you got to do is prove me wrong, but you can't, "My Brathahs"

So again, tell me what's not to like about his tude?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Why be a someone, when you can be a part of something.

Or something like that!!!
    misfit
    NET Starter

• I usually don't like it, but I am okay with Sherm doing it as he can back it up. Lets just hope that he can continue to back it up for a very long time.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• volsunghawk wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

Yes, and everyone must think exactly like you do. :roll:

Refer back to the last line of your first paragraph and follow it.

Careful. You might get slapped upside the head with those 20oz Bozo the Clown boxing gloves... :smiley_boxin:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Blitzer88 wrote:I usually don't like it, but I am okay with Sherm doing it as he can back it up. Lets just hope that he can continue to back it up for a very long time.

Yep, talk the talk and walk the walk. I love how Roddy White celebrated like he had won the Superbowl when he got that TD on Sherman.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Don't care, as long as he keeps backing it up.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

Yeah, just as I would hate Lynch, Wilson, Browner, Thomas etc etc etc if they were niners too.
    He'd be getting under our skin, which is something you want from your players - I'd say 99% of people who aren't Pats fans hate Tom Brady, it's good play that breeds hate, trash talking just adds fuel to that hatred to make it more venomous.

If Kelly Jennings was a trash talker would people hate him? Nah, they'd PITY him. People hated TO, Deion Sanders, etc because they talked trash, then went out and broke records on the field
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Just think how conflicted some of the posters on this board would be if Russell Wilson came out and started talking smack before a game next season. Bwaaahahaha!!
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I can understand the people who do not like his talking, however given the position he plays, it is a huge tactical advantage to be able to get in the heads of the wide receivers. It is the same as a big hitting safety who receivers are leery of going over the middle against. As far as the off the field stuff that have some perturbed, a lot of the twitter stuff is in response to people who are taking shots at him. You'd rather him just keep quite while people take shots at him?
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• HawKnPeppa wrote:Just think how conflicted some of the posters on this board would be if Russell Wilson came out and started talking smack before a game next season. Bwaaahahaha!!

Nahhh, he just going to keep on quietly pissing people off with outstanding play. :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information