So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

• At least once a day I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • At least once a week I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • What's next ... looking forward to the offseason to see how the Seahawks re-tool

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Wha'ts next ... I'm anxious for next February already when we win Super Bowl 50

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, just too mentally exhausted

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, because it's Mariner season!

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

Laloosh

Reaction score
Reading .net for an hour the day after got me over the hump. I'd be crazy to let myself get as reactionary as some of the people posting. Was a good game and that's how I'll remember it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
It will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Let's go win in SF and make up for it.

grizbob

Reaction score
byau":2i3wxys6 said:
It is a good time right now to be a Seahawks fan.

:thirishdrinkers:

Damned straight skippy, :th2thumbs: :179422:

Jayburd14

Reaction score
This is how I feel: It felt like I had won a $100 million Powerball jackpot and I was heading up I-5 to Olympia to claim my prize and the ticket flew out the window and was destroyed.

taco40

Reaction score
pmedic920":1z1xkh0x said:
I still have not watched ANY sports shows or channels.
I have avoided everything sports, with the exception of .net and notifications from my phone.

I'm basically over it but don't want to listen to anything not Seahawk biased.
I'll admit, it's been tough staying impartial here.

I really like our chances of making it to 50. Hoping for a productive off season and praying for rapid recoveries.

Yeah, me, too. I've only been on .com and .net a few times. The first two weeks were unbearable to think about reading anything. It didn't hurt as much as '06 because I feel that it was decided by the players this time.

Today's news of Lynch's resigning helps to shift gears towards next season's run.

I, too, haven't looked at NFL Network on cable and I've been an NFL network junkie for the past couple years.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I haven't listened to sports radio, or watched any sports. I feel sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Glad to hear about Lynch, I think they roll teams this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Throwdown":15sb3rve said:
Doesn't bother me anymore, hasn't for awhile honestly.
Wow, I envy you... but then again, maybe not.

It took until last night for me to be able to fire up the DVR and re-watch the INT play.

From Russell's perspective that's a TD. Butler made a helluva play.

Brady was given a gift.

I'll likely never be over it... but not in a terrible way if that makes any sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
The North remembers. but that doesn't stop things from moving forward to reach for sweeter fruit. Winter is coming and the Seahawks are hunters again.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":2ca2x588 said:
Don't think i'll ever get over it. Bevell will never sit right with me either.
Well that's just too bad for you because he's helped us win one Super Bowl and he's going to help us win another. I get that people need a scapegoat to cope, a target for their frustrations, but this man works in lockstep with Pete and Russell in formulating our offense and the 12s I know respect and support that instead of ridiculing it like some Niners fan with infantile tendencies.

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1e7rvu0g said:
nash72":1e7rvu0g said:
Well that's just too bad for you because he's helped us win one Super Bowl and he's going to help us win another. I get that people need a scapegoat to cope, a target for their frustrations, but this man works in lockstep with Pete and Russell in formulating our offense and the 12s I know respect and support that instead of ridiculing it like some Niners fan with infantile tendencies.

This is all great, but Bevell has never been some awesome offensive guru. He has a habit of calling and running some of the dumbest plays ever (including the worst call ever), so take off the homer glasses for a little while and realize what he is. Sure he helped win us a superbowl (nowhere near what the defense helped though), but he sure as hell lost us one too. Accept the good with the bad. Also, don't give Bevell all the credit for when Wilson takes off running due to a play breaking down (happens all the time it seems) and makes something out of nothing. That's on Russ.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks still missed a huge opportunity for a repeat title...however, it was culmination of little mistakes throughout the game that cost them the title not just the last play of the game.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I already can't wait for the drafting then preseason then the regular season to start. I'm excited for this year, but I'm always optimistic.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nash72":3nps39dc said:
Siouxhawk":3nps39dc said:
nash72":3nps39dc said:

This is all great, but Bevell has never been some awesome offensive guru. He has a habit of calling and running some of the dumbest plays ever (including the worst call ever), so take off the homer glasses for a little while and realize what he is. Sure he helped win us a superbowl (nowhere near what the defense helped though), but he sure as hell lost us one too. Accept the good with the bad. Also, don't give Bevell all the credit for when Wilson takes off running due to a play breaking down (happens all the time it seems) and makes something out of nothing. That's on Russ.
So you're going with the old give the player credit instead of the coach line, huh, even though Russell has constantly given praise to Bevell for helping him with his growth?
As I said, if it somehow helps your peace of mind by focusing your wrath on a scapegoat like, in this case, Bevell, then do whatever you need to cope.
But for those of us who have paid attention have observed the growth in our offense and Bevell has been at the forefront of that. You tell me to take the good with the bad. OK, but considering those of us wearing the "rose-colored glasses" have just enjoyed lending our support to a two-time defending NFC champion and Super Bowl titlist just two years ago, I'd say things have been running pretty smooth under our OC

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":fkvgw29p said:
nash72":fkvgw29p said:
Siouxhawk":fkvgw29p said:
nash72":fkvgw29p said:

So you're going with the old give the player credit instead of the coach line, huh, even though Russell has constantly given praise to Bevell for helping him with his growth?
As I said, if it somehow helps your peace of mind by focusing your wrath on a scapegoat like, in this case, Bevell, then do whatever you need to cope.
But for those of us who have paid attention have observed the growth in our offense and Bevell has been at the forefront of that. You tell me to take the good with the bad. OK, but considering those of us wearing the "rose-colored glasses" have just enjoyed lending our support to a two-time defending NFC champion and Super Bowl titlist just two years ago, I'd say things have been running pretty smooth under our OC

Scapegoat? I'm just calling like it is. He calls the plays. Are you telling me that your satisfied with the way this team can go 2 or 3 quarters with just the most stagnant offense one has ever seen? Every game the Seahawks play is close or we pull it off in the final quarter because of his crap play calling. The Hawks have enough talent that they should blow a ton of teams out, but they never seem to do so. I cant believe anybody can defend the guy. Oh well. I'm beating a dead horse.

Since you've paid attention, how has the offense grown? We run the same running plays, slants, and stupid bubble screens that we always run. Where is this new found growth you are speaking of? Our OC is very lucky he has a QB that's agile enough to get out of a ton of bad situations and defense that keeps the team in games. Crediting Bevell for our success is asinine.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1erael4h said:
nash72":1erael4h said:
Siouxhawk":1erael4h said:
nash72":1erael4h said:

Scapegoat? I'm just calling like it is. He calls the plays. Are you telling me that your satisfied with the way this team can go 2 or 3 quarters with just the most stagnant offense one has ever seen? Every game the Seahawks play is close or we pull it off in the final quarter because of his crap play calling. The Hawks have enough talent that they should blow a ton of teams out, but they never seem to do so. I cant believe anybody can defend the guy. Oh well. I'm beating a dead horse.

Since you've paid attention, how has the offense grown? We run the same running plays, slants, and stupid bubble screens that we always run. Where is this new found growth you are speaking of? Our OC is very lucky he has a QB that's agile enough to get out of a ton of bad situations and defense that keeps the team in games. Crediting Bevell for our success is asinine.
Haven't we been in the top 10 for offensive proficiency the last 2 years?
Haven't we won our division and posted 31 wins the last 2 years?
Haven't we made the playoffs the last 3 years?
Life is good.
Sure, I've been as frustrated as anyone that our offense hits lulls from time to time, but 2 things-- we more often than not, DO pull out those tight contests and 2, it's beyond asinine to point the finger at one individual when we hit those snags. Because of the monster of a defense we have built, our philosophy on offense is to play it a little closer to the vest, jab instead of going all in on a knockout blow, because we'll have far more opportunities to win within the confines of that conservative offense more than other teams could, a trend predicated by a defense that is being heralded as a top-5 all-time.
In other words, if the Lolita in your passenger seat is rubbing your groin at midnight, you don't have to impress her with caviar at 1, when a Taco Bell is on the route home. It's pretty much a sure thing you're going to reach that climactic moment (winning), so no need to get too fancy.
Also, we play a relentless run game which tends to wear down our foes, opening up more doors for our offense to pounce during those late and dramatic moments in a game.
And yet within this regimented style of play, endorsed by Pete himself, I have caught glimpses of the big-play capabilities of Russell as he continues to evolve into his position. And who do you think is there holding his hand the entire way? Of course it's been Darrell. The two have a symbiotic relationship that has grown and worked well as Russell has flourished into elite status and to see it threatened by snipes such as yours is beyond repulsive and a slap in the face to 12's everywhere.
But if it helps you cope and integrate back into a productive member of our society more fluidly, by all means continue chasing your windmills. I'll just sit back and continue to enjoy the winning ways of my favorite sports franchise.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I needed about a month long break from sports media. I'm good to go now. Helped a couple people move, fixed my motorcycle, remodeled my bathroom, learned a few new songs on guitar, and finally put a good coat of wax on the truck. It's amazing how much more productive I am when the season ends :roll:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jayburd14":1ta8lvg8 said:
This is how I feel: It felt like I had won a $100 million Powerball jackpot and I was heading up I-5 to Olympia to claim my prize and the ticket flew out the window and was destroyed.

It's worse. You made it to Olympia. You parked your car and walked up to the building. One yard away from the entrance your ticket burst into flames.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":akkhmkut said:
Jayburd14":akkhmkut said:

It's worse. You made it to Olympia. You parked your car and walked up to the building. One yard away from the entrance your ticket burst into flames.

You guys act like you've never been kicked in the nuts before. :roll: