So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

• At least once a day I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • At least once a week I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • What's next ... looking forward to the offseason to see how the Seahawks re-tool

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Wha'ts next ... I'm anxious for next February already when we win Super Bowl 50

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, just too mentally exhausted

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, because it's Mariner season!

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

SoCalSeahawk":f25iwf0r said:
Ambrose83":f25iwf0r said:
nash72":f25iwf0r said:
Don't think i'll ever get over it. Bevell will never sit right with me either.

x2

I thought I had put it behind me. But last night I unexpectedly found NFL Rewind of the game playing on the NFL Network and decided to give it a shot. I had not watched a single replay of the game even though I have it recorded on my DVR. The result; now I have to start all over trying not to hate on Bevell. That play call is probably at the top of the list of plays that should never be called in that situation. Had it been 4th and 1 everything is in play, including that slant. But 2nd and 1 with a timeout still on the board; that's either a pure choke or an ego that got too cute for it's own good. It's the difference between former champs and dynasty.

The play call, in and of itself, was not the problem as much as was the execution.

As much as some would believe to the contrary, after about 700 replays of it (as compared to every other Seahawks play I have ever seen) I've come to no other conclusion other than that the defense was on to us. Because of that simple fact, in order for the play to be successful, both the quarterback and the receiver would have had to deliver exacting results to make it work. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

The throw was about six inches too far up-field and the outstretching of the receivers arms was not done so with the anticipation of impending contact from the receivers arms. Thus, the DB had a play on the ball.

If the throw was six inches down field, and receiver would have outstretched his arms with a thought process that in doing so he will receive contact and thus will need to over-exaggerate his movements (in order to counter the force from that contact), and also, in the act of overcompensating is arms, he leans his body down field anticipating impending body contact as well, the catch would probably have been completed.

I can see it no other way. Our guys did not execute the play in such a way as to know the defense already knew the play as they were running it.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3asxlsen said:
SoCalSeahawk":3asxlsen said:
Ambrose83":3asxlsen said:
nash72":3asxlsen said:
Don't think i'll ever get over it. Bevell will never sit right with me either.

x2

I thought I had put it behind me. But last night I unexpectedly found NFL Rewind of the game playing on the NFL Network and decided to give it a shot. I had not watched a single replay of the game even though I have it recorded on my DVR. The result; now I have to start all over trying not to hate on Bevell. That play call is probably at the top of the list of plays that should never be called in that situation. Had it been 4th and 1 everything is in play, including that slant. But 2nd and 1 with a timeout still on the board; that's either a pure choke or an ego that got too cute for it's own good. It's the difference between former champs and dynasty.

The play call, in and of itself, was not the problem as much as was the execution.

As much as some would believe to the contrary, after about 700 replays of it (as compared to every other Seahawks play I have ever seen) I've come to no other conclusion other than that the defense was on to us. Because of that simple fact, in order for the play to be successful, both the quarterback and the receiver would have had to deliver exacting results to make it work. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

The throw was about six inches too far up-field and the outstretching of the receivers arms was not done so with the anticipation of impending contact from the receivers arms. Thus, the DB had a play on the ball.

If the throw was six inches down field, and receiver would have outstretched his arms with a thought process that in doing so he will receive contact and thus will need to over-exaggerate his movements (in order to counter the force from that contact), and also, in the act of overcompensating is arms, he leans his body down field anticipating impending body contact as well, the catch would probably have been completed.

I can see it no other way. Our guys did not execute the play in such a way as to know the defense already knew the play as they were running it.

I agree 100% with your assessment of the execution of the play. If this had been a staple play of our offense you would just tip the hat and say you beat us at what we do. But this was a seldom used play thrown to our (5th?) wide receiver in probably the single most important play in Seahawk's history. Bad call top to bottom. I watch every game, usually two or three times, I don't recall that play to Lockette ever being called. If it has, maybe a couple of times at most. No surprise it wasn't executed perfectly. An unforgivably bad call in THE situation that every coach and player dreams about. The final play to win the Superbowl.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think it's time for us to get excited again. The team feeds off our energy and I believe in the power of positive thinking. Think positive and EXPECT to win again, starting NOW. I believe that Bevell WILL learn from his mistake and won't let that happen again. The Super Bowl had A LOT of positives that the Seahawks can and will build upon.

I feel delighted to be a Seahawk fan right now. Never before have I had such high expectations for the Seahawks. Prior to this run, all I had was nervous HOPE, now it's confident EXPECTATION.

It took til my son called me and asked about Jimmy Graham being traded for before I turned my sports talk radio back on. I'm back now to expecting another Super Bowl...VICTORY.

therealsm

Reaction score
Over it. I make jokes about it. Like I wore my RW jersey to class one day when I had a test so that I could pass when I shouldn't. Or i'll offer to either hand something to someone or drop back 8 yards and throw it for no reason. I guess we all cope in way or another, right?

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
I make jokes about it now too, but it still hurts.

One of my very good friends is a Tom Brady fan so he was rooting for the Patriots, but not outwardly. His wife likes me a lot so she rooted for the Seahawks :)

Neither of them saw the game, they were in church at the time so I told my friend the ending and he was like "wow, that had to hurt"

Fast forward a few weeks and he is the DJ/MC at a wedding and during the bouquet toss, the bride tossed it up. This gal was right under it waiting to catch it and this other gal ran from the side and practically bumped her out of the way and caught it and my friend said on the mic

"Whoaa...and the Patriots win!"

And he got a good laugh from the guys in the crowd

I had to chuckle too.

So yeah, I can make jokes of it and be light hearted about it, and stlil it gets to me too - guess that'll be how it'll be

Onward and upward..WHAT'S NEXT baby

(p.s my friend thanked me later for telling him how the SB ended - said the joke went over really well haha)