So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

So it's been about a month..how do you feel?

• At least once a day I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • At least once a week I still rerun that last play in my mind and we score

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • What's next ... looking forward to the offseason to see how the Seahawks re-tool

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Wha'ts next ... I'm anxious for next February already when we win Super Bowl 50

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, just too mentally exhausted

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • What's next ... I'm taking it slow, because it's Mariner season!

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

rideaducati

Reaction score
I am a sports talk radio junkie. Listen to NFL radio on SiriusXM all day.... I haven't even had a radio on since the Super Bowl. Still can't do it. Getting closer though. I've been inching back and have been wearing Seahawk gear every day. I am very excited about the upcoming season, but I was hurt pretty bad.

I'm ALMOST back.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
HawkFan72":241qs6h0 said:
Jayburd14":241qs6h0 said:
This is how I feel: It felt like I had won a $100 million Powerball jackpot and I was heading up I-5 to Olympia to claim my prize and the ticket flew out the window and was destroyed.

It's worse. You made it to Olympia. You parked your car and walked up to the building. One yard away from the entrance your ticket burst into flames

I like the ending better.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I'm with grizbob. I'm over it. The last few years have been pretty damn exciting. We're in the midst of a championship stretch the likes of which we've never seen. Can't be too upset about the past, I'm looking forward to next season.

The SB outcome came down to the last play--unfortunately we were on the wrong side of it. Stuff happens.
If you get wrapped up in social media and trolls, it'll grate at you.

Hell, we just resigned ML. Another exciting year is heading our way!

Go Hawks!

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1knxn2gu said:
nash72":1knxn2gu said:
Siouxhawk":1knxn2gu said:
nash72":1knxn2gu said:
Don't think i'll ever get over it. Bevell will never sit right with me either.

But if it helps you cope and integrate back into a productive member of our society more fluidly, by all means continue chasing your windmills. I'll just sit back and continue to enjoy the winning ways of my favorite sports franchise.

That's cool. I'll continue to scratch my head when Bevell calls another retarded play and wonder how great this team actually could be with a decent OC. Peace.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7ybsc62q said:
nash72":7ybsc62q said:
Siouxhawk":7ybsc62q said:
nash72":7ybsc62q said:
Well that's just too bad for you because he's helped us win one Super Bowl and he's going to help us win another. I get that people need a scapegoat to cope, a target for their frustrations, but this man works in lockstep with Pete and Russell in formulating our offense and the 12s I know respect and support that instead of ridiculing it like some Niners fan with infantile tendencies.

This is all great, but Bevell has never been some awesome offensive guru. He has a habit of calling and running some of the dumbest plays ever (including the worst call ever), so take off the homer glasses for a little while and realize what he is. Sure he helped win us a superbowl (nowhere near what the defense helped though), but he sure as hell lost us one too. Accept the good with the bad. Also, don't give Bevell all the credit for when Wilson takes off running due to a play breaking down (happens all the time it seems) and makes something out of nothing. That's on Russ.
So you're going with the old give the player credit instead of the coach line, huh, even though Russell has constantly given praise to Bevell for helping him with his growth?
As I said, if it somehow helps your peace of mind by focusing your wrath on a scapegoat like, in this case, Bevell, then do whatever you need to cope.
But for those of us who have paid attention have observed the growth in our offense and Bevell has been at the forefront of that. You tell me to take the good with the bad. OK, but considering those of us wearing the "rose-colored glasses" have just enjoyed lending our support to a two-time defending NFC champion and Super Bowl titlist just two years ago, I'd say things have been running pretty smooth under our OC

We have the most sporadic offense I have ever seen.. you ever wonder how we can open a game.. go 80 yrds with ease put up 7.. then look like dog crap for 3+ qtrs after? and has RW EVER been anything but positive when talking about anyone?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":30yx5x25 said:
I'm good on it.

Winning SB 48 really helped. Honestly, I see it now as just a great game. It sucked to have to lose it, but am now grateful we were even there.

When we were 6-4, I didn't think we really had a realistic shot at it. Seemed so far away at the time. Just a spectacular run to finish the season. Loved the journey, even if the destination was one yard short.

Yeah, this is me, too. Will always be a little disappointed that we didn't manage to win it there, but the fact that we got back there was amazing. Great couple of seasons, and looking forward to the next one!

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
:cussing: :thfight7: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :cussing: :thfight7: :smilie=angry016.gif: :enraged: :angry017: :cussing: :thfight7: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :censored: :thfight7: :enraged: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :cussing: :thfight7: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :cussing: :thfight7: :enraged: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :cussing: :thfight7: :smilie=angry016.gif: :angry017: :enraged:

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Okay...so I haven't even listened to any national sports radio. Some local sports radio, esp. when Marshawn got re-signed.

I did listen to Mike and Mike today to hear about the FA reactions, esp. because of the Jimmy Graham / Max Unger trade yesterday ...

I guess it's safe to say I am in between the "What's Next" of looking forward to the offseason moves and "What's Next" I really would love to see our first offensive drive with Graham and Lynch, our first score, our first game, and our first hopefully lengthy undefeated streak.

But yeah, still hurts too when I think about it

How polarizing..

Laloosh

Reaction score
byau":18a5jjwu said:
Okay...so I haven't even listened to any national sports radio. Some local sports radio, esp. when Marshawn got re-signed.

I did listen to Mike and Mike today to hear about the FA reactions, esp. because of the Jimmy Graham / Max Unger trade yesterday ...

I guess it's safe to say I am in between the "What's Next" of looking forward to the offseason moves and "What's Next" I really would love to see our first offensive drive with Graham and Lynch, our first score, our first game, and our first hopefully lengthy undefeated streak.

But yeah, still hurts too when I think about it

How polarizing..
It's safe to wade back into the world of sports broadcasts. The hardest thing is hearing "the super bowl champs" and it taking a few seconds to realize they're talking about another team. Focus is on FA and the draft now.

Msfann

Reaction score
The last thing i remember was the pass and no flag then I couldn't watch it anymore, I haven't watched a highlight of the game or anything since. The Patriots beat us and they are the champs. And now on to next season.

This will be my one and only comment on that super bowl, I haven't posted a word about it here until now.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
I still cannot watch the game. It still pains me to think of that fateful play.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Haven't watched the game again - and doubt I will - but I'm good with moving on.

NE are a damn good team and they did their homework. All credit to them.

I do think the pressure on the players will be greatly reduced this year - no more focus on back to back titles, no longer champs - and should be evident in their performance.

Now Free Agency has kicked in, the focus has moved in general - so it's safe to read sports sites again :)

bobdigital

Reaction score
If I was a Seahawks fan I would be pretty excited about this off season. There is a lot of time left till September but your team should probpably be considered the favorites.

I think if you play a declining Manning again you will own him. He basically had 5 good minutes against your D in the last 120 minutes you played him and that was a very odd sequence.

Luck is simply not there yet and though the Colts have improved I think you would make him look fairly silly and also that D is still a concern.

The Ravens and Pats were the 2 best teams in the AFC last year and both look like they have taken a step back. I think your team matches up well against jump ball Joe. That D is pretty decent but the secondary is meh and Lynch with your OL can have enough success to score. I don't see Flacco having success trying to throw over the top of Sherman.

The Pats would be your main concern yet again but until they get their defensive backs worked out they are certainly a question mark. I think Brady is probably the only QB that can have success against your D but without them having a solid D of their own which right now they don't I can't seem them winning.

Rodgers... Well you have just had his number and GB's D is still average at best. If they couldn't beat you last year when Wilson had perhaps the worst game of his career (for 55 minutes anyway) I wonder how much you should really worry about them. I think you are just a horrible match up for them and will be next season as well.

A lot of other NFC teams i could name that you are better then. Arizona is interesting but I want to see them win a playoff game before i call them a true threat. Detroit was never really a threat and certainly not now. I don't believe in the Cowboys though they got you 1 time but you are bound to lose in the regular season at some point generally. I think their inability to be consistent will hurt them and losing Murray hurts. If their D improves they might be your main threat but something about them just screams "pretender" to me.

If I were you I would be feeling rightfully confident about your odds this coming year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
still hurting, but, getting Jimmy is a great step in the right direction.
The other thing is, a lot of the teams I see as obstacles have taken a step back.. NE, Dallas while we conduct missle drills(in my best Sean connery voice).

I don't see who stops us next season.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":28w1ooz3 said:
nash72":28w1ooz3 said:

x2

I thought I had put it behind me. But last night I unexpectedly found NFL Rewind of the game playing on the NFL Network and decided to give it a shot. I had not watched a single replay of the game even though I have it recorded on my DVR. The result; now I have to start all over trying not to hate on Bevell. That play call is probably at the top of the list of plays that should never be called in that situation. Had it been 4th and 1 everything is in play, including that slant. But 2nd and 1 with a timeout still on the board; that's either a pure choke or an ego that got too cute for it's own good. It's the difference between former champs and dynasty.

Decimation

Reaction score
I won't get over the game fully since we lost the Super Bowl in that sort of fashion. But when the season rolls around and I get to witness the intriguing prospect of having Jimmy Graham in our offense, I'm sure I'll feel better about the outcome! [emoji106]