Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Our Defense with Revis?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Would Seattle have any interest in Revis? Would people be excited about him and Sherman pairing up? My personal thoughts are that Seattle would have to give up too much and it wouldn't make our defense that much better in order to justify it. I would be lying though if I said it wouldn't be fun to watch. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Our Defense with Revis?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm 
NET Rookie

That secondary just wouldn't be fair, lol

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm 
NET Veteran

My thought is this is not even worth talking about.

Revis's contract is insane, still owed 32 million guaranteed...........AND he's coming off a torn ACL................AND he's a malcontent that's already asked for his contract to be restructured once, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again...............AND you'd have to give up a 1st round pick, and probably more to get him.

My hope is SF trades for him, which would soak up all their available cap space, then he sucks due to nagging injuries and bad attitude.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

We can't even remotely begin to afford Revis. It's not even approachable.

We already have very strong CB's...we don't need "another" one, especially with that contract. We need depth and a reliable slot corner.

What we "need" is a pocket collapser and a consistent pass rush. You fix that, and our already damn good DB's will get even better.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm 
NET Veteran

revis would ruin team chemistry.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Not even worth considering. Sando just wrote on his blog that the RAMS shouldn't even consider this trade.

Here's some stuff he wrote regarding the outlook for St. Louis and SF that I think applies (or should apply) to Seattle as well:

"James from Illinois used the most recent NFC West chat to ask whether the St. Louis Rams, armed with additional draft choices in 2013, might be wise to consider a trade for Revis. My response: an emphatic no.

The Rams already have talent at cornerback. They fared well with their 2012 draft choices and should continue building that way. St. Louis is currently in position to stock future rosters with young, affordable and healthy draft choices. There could come a time when the team would be better off trading draft capital for a single veteran player. I don't think this is the time. I don't think an injured Revis is the player.

The 49ers have steadfastly avoided paying big money to players from other teams. The team prefers rewarding the players it develops, not upsetting the pecking order in the locker room by valuing outsiders at a higher level. I know that was part of the 49ers' thinking when they watched Asomugha and other high-priced free agents sign elsewhere."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Yep...Janoris Jenkins scored 4 TDs last season. He seems to have a knack for the big play.

That was a great pick by Fisher.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64744

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]