Our Defense

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
The responsibility on RWs shoulders at that time was insane. He had 11 TDs, 1 INT. #1 PFF Grade and he was still being scapegoated by his coach, absolutely disgusting.

Pete's run out of scapegoats now. It's on him. Geno does the little things better than Russ, still the same results. Another Pro Bowl QB season wasted.
That's so sad. Have they made an afterschool special about it yet?

toffee

Reaction score
My disdain for Clint Hurtt began once he got the job. The way he gave a bunch of lip service to the media about how different his defense will look while simultaneously throwing Ken Norton Jr under the bus was classless and unprofessional. And now he shows us this product.
Time to let Sean Desai take over, not that Desai had a pristine resume, but Hurtt is definitely dead end. DONATEL, he is the one that screwed us, committed than backout, just check Viking's defense. May be Pete should have offer DC to Donatel from that get go.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Defense so bad my power went out after the game. Not even public utility can stand that showing.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Changes need to be made so we can get this young defense in a better position to succeed so we can use the rest of the year to decide who to keep. To continue playing at this horrendous level will be disastrous for this team moving forward. The offense needs some help.

DC Clint Hurtt
Assistant DL/DE Aaron Curry
Linebackers John Glenn
Quality control defense Will Tukuafu

Don't know if it's Pete, the assistants, the players, the scheme or a shared responsibility, but this defense needs to be shored up ASAP.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is still mainly personnel related and IMO it's going to continue to be rough all season with no end in sight.
I always understood trading Wilson. I never understood cutting Wagner
Wagner hasn't been good either this year. They tried to do the right thing in replacing him with young talent but Brooks and Barton simply do not play fast enough. They are constantly a step late to the action and that translates to extra yards on most plays.

This defense would look dramatically better if Taylor, Brooks and Barton were average and Adams was able to play occasionally. Unfortunately, we need to keep rebuilding those key positions through the draft if we want to get to the point where any scheme can be effective with our personnel.