Our Defense

cymatica

Reaction score
MLB umps > NFL refs > Denver's coach > Seattle's defense

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Complete failures on all 3 levels of the defense.

Consistent breakdowns in communication. They're unable to cover in man or zone. No pass rush. Physically weak across the board. Too much bend on running plays.

Lack of in game adjustments. Last week Hockenson, this week Taysom Hill.

Changes to need to come from the top down. Philosophically, they're outdated and need to adjust.

My disdain for Clint Hurtt began once he got the job. The way he gave a bunch of lip service to the media about how different his defense will look while simultaneously throwing Ken Norton Jr under the bus was classless and unprofessional. And now he shows us this product.

Pete needs to get his hands out the cookie jar. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he tries to rein in Geno and the offense and blame them for the defensive failures.

And lastly, hiring Aaron Curry as linebacker coach was a dumb decision then, and looks worse now.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think aside from Woolen, Bryant and Woods everyone else was just constantly out of position, Diggs is playing like he's blind- these guys are not 3-4 players you think maybe they could use a bit more 4-3 against the run

sc85sis

Reaction score

Consistent breakdowns in communication. They're unable to cover in man or zone. No pass rush. Physically weak across the board. Too much bend on running plays.

Changes to need to come from the top down. Philosophically, they're outdated and need to adjust.

My disdain for Clint Hurtt began once he got the job. The way he gave a bunch of lip service to the media about how different his defense will look while simultaneously throwing Ken Norton Jr under the bus was classless and unprofessional. And now he shows us this product.

Pete needs to get his hands out the cookie jar. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he tries to rein in Geno and the offense and blame them for the defensive failures.

And lastly, hiring Aaron Curry as linebacker coach was a dumb decision then, and looks worse now.
Pete has had nothing but praise for the offense. Saying he's going to blame them for the D's struggles makes no sense at all. And there's no reason to believe he has his hands in the cookie jar on D. Maybe he should though...

Fade

Reaction score

Clint Hurtt wipe's his azz with this post. /JJ.

That's why the LBers all look like Aaron Curry. They're coached by him.

Yep, rope-a-dope. Pete had to let Geno cook at first to stick it to Russ.

But now he's got to slow down the offense and ugly up the game to lower the total score to pull the veil over people's eyes once again. Pete will wait until Geno has a turnover heavy game first, to make it look necessary.

If you're reading this Geno, don't let that happen.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Pete has had nothing but praise for the offense. Saying he's going to blame them for the D's struggles makes no sense at all. And there's no reason to believe he has his hands in the cookie jar on D. Maybe he should though...
It makes totally sense. He literally said this during the Let Russ Cook campaign.

He stated on the Mike Salk show months ago that the offense scoring too quickly didn't give the D enough time to rest. I don't have the quote or anything, but I distinctly remember him saying that, which at the time made me scratch my head.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I wasn't happy about the approach we took to defense this offseason because I was one who was perfectly content with the defensive product we put on the field last year. (Not great, but fine.)

It made no sense to me that we'd trash our defense, fire our coordinator, etc. but I knew there was so much calling for it from media/fans (since we just had to find a scapegoat for the poopshow that was our Wilson led offense) that I kind of understood why it happened. After it happened, I even held out some hope that maybe we'd be going from 'fine' to a level we hadn't seen in a while.

But that's the opposite of what's happened. We added some talent in the draft but have fallen so far from what we had last year that it's borderline insane. With the defense we had last year and this offense? We're 4-1 right now easily.

Barton looked serviceable last year when he was just resting Bobby. This year? He looks like he isn't even sure which side of the ball he's supposed to line up on. Our tackling has gone from being ok (even if we gave up an extra yard or two after contact consistently) to terrible. Edge contain doesn't exist, the play calling is bad... it's oh so frustrating.

Fade

Reaction score
I think aside from Woolen, Bryant and Woods everyone else was just constantly out of position, Diggs is playing like he's blind- these guys are not 3-4 players you think maybe they could use a bit more 4-3 against the run
Woods lines up over the nose, pretty hard to be out of position there. I think you're giving them to much credit, this is the worst defense in Seahawks history.

They need to call up Norton and get the band back together. That's how bad they are.LOL

Polk738

Reaction score
Woods lines up over the nose, pretty hard to be out of position there. I think you're giving them to much credit, this is the worst defense in Seahawks history.

They need to call up Norton and get the band back together. That's how bad they are.LOL
I don't disagree with you but we've seen how talented Poona Ford and Bryan Mone have been, they are not this bad

Fade

Reaction score
It makes totally sense. He literally said this during the Let Russ Cook campaign.

He stated on the Mike Salk show months ago that the offense scoring too quickly didn't give the D enough time to rest. I don't have the quote or anything, but I distinctly remember him saying that, which at the time made me scratch my head.
The responsibility on RWs shoulders at that time was insane. He had 11 TDs, 1 INT. #1 PFF Grade and he was still being scapegoated by his coach, absolutely disgusting.

Pete's run out of scapegoats now. It's on him. Geno does the little things better than Russ, still the same results. Another Pro Bowl QB season wasted.

Fade

Reaction score
I don't disagree with you but we've seen how talented Poona Ford and Bryan Mone have been, they are not this bad
Absolutely. We're on the same page. The coaching is making them worse.

Polk738

Reaction score

Then you would think Waldron would get more creative in the run game, stop calling run plays from shotgun, run more 3 TE sets, the team shouldn't have to pass on 3rd and 2 and take a sack, that was garbage.

warden

Reaction score
I always understood trading Wilson. I never understood cutting Wagner