Update on sherman

MTS

Reaction score
It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco[/quote]

I don't know about San Francisco, I have actually never even been there before. I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way. They just make millions why you cheer them on like little girls and could easily play for a different team next year without sadness) and anyone (even supporters of your team) that make comments that may be negative towards one of your little babies, "OH! You are a TROLL! You are an idiot! I hate you! Don't talk bad about my family! Whaaa!!!"

And somehow I am from San Fran? Good god, dumb@ss. Get real and get a life. Sherman isn't your dad, brother, or son. You have no real connection to this random dude. Im sorry I stated my opinion that makes a lot of sense to a lot of other people outside of die-hard obsessed Seahawks fans (even some of you agree).

SMH. Pathetic.

NoChops

Reaction score
i wonder with all the money the NFL has, why are they peeing in a cup? Cut off one of the dreads, thats what my company does

Snohomie

Reaction score
People please get your quotes right! I'm thoroughly confused with comments not being quoted as intended, being attributed to the wrong poster, etc.

Sherman has nothing to gain by going public with his case now. Coaches are coy with injuries because they don't want to give away anything to their opponents (even if it's a miniscule advantage), the same logic applies to Sherman. There's nothing to gain by disclosing details to the media, and there's potential for loss. I'd be shocked if Sherman's lawyer(s) hadn't told him to keep quiet about the appeal.

Also, changing his story? From your link

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported last month that Sherman told friends he didn't know he was ingesting Adderall when he drank from a teammate's bottle.

So, Rapoport, at best, heard it from a friend of Sherman. That's not anything filed with the league to contest the case, nothing made to a media member, just a rumor that someone says came from a friend of Sherman. The source could be a fake, could've misheard or misunderstood, the writer could've misunderstood the source, Sherman could be bs'ing this friend because he knows the friend can't keep quiet. The point is not that any one of these is right, but that any one of these could occur and for that reason, yes, I believe Sherman when he says that story is not his defense... that's not the same as believing Sherman is innocent of the PED use, btw.

Greenhell

Reaction score
MTS":2190q72w said:
I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way).

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.

MTS

Reaction score
Greenhell":1etfvhs8 said:
MTS":1etfvhs8 said:
It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco
I love sports-forum fans, no matter how much something doesn't make sense or seems unlikely you are out to defend your players (that have no connection to you, by the way).

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.[/quote]

No, what is states is that I am a fan, but a fan that understand how it all works. Its a money making entertainment machine. Thats all fine and well, but when you get super-pathetically obsessed to the point where you are arguing people on forums, calling them names because they state an opinion about a random player and get offended, you need help (and a life).

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MTS":43ziclwb said:
Greenhell":43ziclwb said:
MTS":43ziclwb said:
It was a new cup numbnuts. Seal was broken. They must not have schools in San Francisco

This comment clearly states your not a fan of the Hawks or any team. You've popped in to troll and troll only.

No, what is states is that I am a fan, but a fan that understand how it all works. Its a money making entertainment machine. Thats all fine and well, but when you get super-pathetically obsessed to the point where you are arguing people on forums, calling them names because they state an opinion about a random player and get offended, you need help (and a life).[/quote]

Looks like forums are not the place for you if you cannot handle it.

kmedic

Reaction score
Sherman never said he didn't take Adderall or any other PED. All he said was that the truth would come out and that he would be ok. Besides, it is illegal for any NFL employee or player to comment on a pending suspension appeal.

The defense here reminds me a lot of Ryan Braun a couple years ago. Positive for steroids, but sample tampered with (protocol not followed), therefore results thrown out.

This could work. If Sherman can subpeona the test taker and he admits to using a broken cup then I don't see how the results hold up.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The complete absence of any facts or data here are leading to quite a lot of petty bickering. Every argument hear has been based on hearsay. Did he do it? I suspect that he did. Will he be suspended? I suspect so.

MTS

Reaction score
Oh yeah, his defense will definitely work if this is the case, but the point is...

should that make you happy, that someone who cheated gets away with it? It happens all of the time, sure, but when you have the chance to catch and punish someone, you don't?

sigh...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
MTS":3qak1bwq said:
Oh yeah, his defense will definitely work if this is the case, but the point is...

should that make you happy, that someone who cheated gets away with it? It happens all of the time, sure, but when you have the chance to catch and punish someone, you don't?

sigh...

Yes. It would make me happy.

I'm all for morality. But i'm even more all for the Seahawks winning a Super bowl.

MTS

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2fef3yfr said:
The complete absence of any facts or data here are leading to quite a lot of petty bickering. Every argument hear has been based on hearsay. Did he do it? I suspect that he did. Will he be suspended? I suspect so.

Fact: Sherman tested positive for Adderall
Fact: It was reported that he stated that he drank from a water bottle
Fact: Sherman now denies this story
Fact: Sherman now says it was due to a broken container (obviously laced with adderall, the drug that Brandon Browner among others got caught with and didn't deny).
Fact: Brandon Browner got caught with the exact same substance.
Fact: It is nearly impossible for a container to break and then be replaced with another that somehow was magically laced with Adderall.

MTS

Reaction score

I'm all for morality. But i'm even more all for the Seahawks winning a Super bowl.

Haha, at least you told the truth! Although, I wouldn't be very impressed with myself if those were my morals!

Snohomie

Reaction score
MTS":2hjvei2b said:

sigh...

Yes it should. I'd much rather live in a world where someone must prove their allegation against you before punishing you, rather than punishing you off a suspicion. It unavoidably ends with "guilty" parties walking, but this process also prevents gross injustices (see Bountygate).

themunn

Reaction score
MTS":3qkoqqlv said:
The story you linked has been denied by Sherman so you can throw that trash away.

In an ongoing case why would he talk about his defenses and give the opposition a heads up?

You are either very clueless or a very biased individual.

Yes, the writer of the story really loved making that part up! :)

Next, you act like this is a case where someone robbed someone else. What does the NFL get for suspending a player that makes them a lot of money? :snack:

Finally, do you have ANY idea how unlikely/improbable it is for the broken cup or the new cup was to be LACED with adderall...what a nice coincidence, seeing as how Browner was caught with Adderall, too.

Man! It all points to his innocence!
[/quote]

Maybe just maybe Browner actually did test positive for Adderall, and it was that test that contaminated Sherman's?
They were both going to appeal on the grounds that you couldn't prove which player tested positive, but the risk was that they turned around and banned both, so at least this way we keep Sherman?

Just postulating, of course.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MTS, its apparent that you only heard or saw the initial claim that Sherman was stating he drank from a teammate's bottle. Sherman denied that there was any truth to that, which you can see here:

"Curtis Crabtree of Pro Football Talk reports that Sherman has denied the facts of the USA Today story in a series of texts."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

The only other thing Sherman has said is that he isn't worried, that he didn't ingest Adderall and that this would be cleared up. Now if you choose to believe he is lying about that, that is your prerogative. But you are incorrect in your statement that he's changed his story.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
MTS":3twf7d3m said:

Haha, at least you told the truth! Although, I wouldn't be very impressed with myself if those were my morals!

Ram fan? IP says Missouri. Honestly, its adderol, or at the worst steroids. I wont lose any sleep at night if every single player in the NFL is using it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MTS":2qy6dhet said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2qy6dhet said:

Fact: Sherman tested positive for Adderall
Fact: It was reported that he stated that he drank from a water bottle
Fact: Sherman now denies this story
Fact: Sherman now says it was due to a broken container (obviously laced with adderall, the drug that Brandon Browner among others got caught with and didn't deny).
Fact: Brandon Browner got caught with the exact same substance.
Fact: It is nearly impossible for a container to break and then be replaced with another that somehow was magically laced with Adderall.

You believe things are fact when they lack the substance for factual statements. Once again, you have been duped.

Sherman denied the bogus story immediately, not "just now."
It doesn't sound like Sherman is denying a positive test, but that the chain was broken.
You are the only one claiming the second container was laced. The fact that it was used with a broken seal is the problem. The posibility of contamination is enough to throw out the results.

MTS

Reaction score
Please read throughout the thread before posting replies to early replies.

I admit that I did not know that he denied the initial story. I saw the proof that he is denying that story.

And for those of you who are saying "innocent until proven guilty"...Im sorry, but hasn't he already been proven guilty?

He tested positive for Adderall, period. He is guilty, now he must prove his innocence. Notice: this is an "appeal" not a trial.

MTS

Reaction score
Haha, rams fan? Really? hahah no way. I actually am a Seahawks fan and I am also a Chiefs fan. I went to STL to root AGAINST the rams when the hawks where there this year, just fyi.

I am not denying that they can throw out the test if it was in fact tampered with or broken. I am just bothered by the fact that he actually took the drug (which it showed that he did and I am pretty trusting of the procedure).

And again, if Sherman or Browner (as he admits to cheating, right?) weren't getting anything positive from taking the substance...then why take it? Hmm.....