Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Wilson and secondary......
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

this game is on you!

Post subject: Re: Wilson and secondary......
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm 
NET Starter

?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Wilson is in no way at fault for today. Defense was awful.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Wilson played great.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I dont think its on either of the things you mentioned. Wilson was great. Secondary was fine. Its our linebackers in coverage that kills us.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:05 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wilson made a hell of a bad decision on that last possession. Tossing it to Lynch behind the line of scrimmage when he was covered by 3 defenders had no chance and it cost us 5 yards. Yeah Wilson played great for most of the the game but that play costs us the ball game.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:06 pm 
* NET Moderator *

v1rotv2 wrote:
Wilson made a hell of a bad decision on that last possession. Tossing it to Lynch behind the line of scrimmage when he was covered by 3 defenders had no chance and it cost us 5 yards. Yeah Wilson played great for most of the the game but that play costs us the ball game.

I agree that was a bad decision but if its an incompletion we're still nowhere near field goal range.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm 
NET Veteran

v1rotv2 wrote:

So one play means its his fault? Lol....m mmmm-Kay buddy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran

There is absolutely no way to put this loss on Wilson or the secondary minus Trufant. If you wanted to solo out Trufant for getting torched by Bess all game and then giving up two huge plays to end the game, then go for it. All our losses have come from getting torched by no names and slot receivers.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

The need is for the QB to have to put it on his shoulders. They made us one dimensional and dared Wilson to throw. 200 yards is not going to get it done on the road. We did not get a first down until the second quarter. He had a nice stint but if people are going to put him up as the second coming then he needs to make those plays. The beginning of the game and the end should say all you need about his performance.

Next week will be even worse as Chicago is a much better team and it is in Chicago.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:
The need is for the QB to have to put it on his shoulders. They made us one dimensional and dared Wilson to throw. 200 yards is not going to get it done on the road. We did not get a first down until the second quarter. He had a nice stint but if people are going to put him up as the second coming then he needs to make those plays. The beginning of the game and the end should say all you need about his performance.

Next week will be even worse as Chicago is a much better team and it is in Chicago.

Give me a freaking break! 200 yards with a couple TD's is supposed to get it done the way this team is built. Our D gave this game away, once again. Once a strength is now a weakness for some reason.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:18 pm 
NET Veteran

The defense (the supposed strength of our team) gave up three 80+ yards scoring drives in the 4th quarter... that is why we lost... period.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:19 pm 
NET Veteran

if our Defense can't stop a shitty team in an important game then they are pretenders. Had so many chances to stop them, so many chances to win. The defense just isn't as good as I thought.

They aren't horrible, but not even close to a championship caliber defense. Can't even put away bad teams.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Wilson's rating was well over 100 today. Leroy Hill is the reason the defense looked so bad.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

So are we to assume this team was only built to win at home. You need to have an offense. Heaven forbid we be critical of Russell Wilson here. I do not think he is the answer. Sorry but I am not a fanboy and a QB I just see to many issues if they put the game on his shoulders.

By the way not trolling here so admins please allow for debate on the QB spot. Respectfully.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:
So are we to assume this team was only built to win at home. You need to have an offense. Heaven forbid we be critical of Russell Wilson here. I do not think he is the answer. Sorry but I am not a fanboy and a QB I just see to many issues if they put the game on his shoulders.

By the way not trolling here so admins please allow for debate on the QB spot. Respectfully.

The offense only had the ball for one possession the entire 4th quarter thanks to the D not getting off the field. Hard to put the loss on single RW screen pass (which was a questionable play call to begin with).

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:34 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

How the F?#k can you blame this game on RW?? I really don't get it. It's like you're asking our QB, who is a rookie, to be better than Brady, both Mannings and Brees combined. It was the defense(again), who couldn't get off the field for almost the whole 4th quarter... they were just giving up 1st down after 1st down and that cost us the game without a shadow of a doubt.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

No doubt the defense stunk today. Will not argue that at all. But this was a day when the QB needed to have three hundred yards and three td's. I think we need to really see if Wilson is the guy. Either take the training wheels off or expect to see this next week and again in buffalo. These are the games that a team needs to make a statement to show they are at the next level. If Wilson is our future then pc and bevel need to open this thing up and let him drive. If he fails then he fails.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:37 pm 
NET Rookie

There is no way that Russell Wilson is in any way responsible for the loss today. This team is supposed to be built on the backs of a strong defense and they have folded in several 4th quarters this year when they needed a stop. It's reality and it sucks.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Obvious troll.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:

Holy shiz...u can be critical but at least have some substance for your criticism. The Detroit Lions game, the GB Packers game, the NE Patriots game, AZ, STL. Those were all games he performed well in with it on his shoulders. Not his fault if players drop the fall, trip and fall down, or the defense gives up game winning drives.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm 
NET Veteran

As has been echoed by those above, this was on the D. The only thing to get excited about at all after the loss is the play of Wilson.

Jack Dempsey

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm 
NET Starter

He averaged over 8 yards per pass attempt. Only a troll would blame the lack of passing yards on RW.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:54 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Not trolling just disagree on Wilson. We are allowed to have a difference of opinion still or is that forbidden when it comes to our QB. I simply feel we need more production out of the spot then we are getting. I agree the defense has let us down. However, I want a championship team like everyone else here. I have been on this board since the inception back when uncle curls use to post about kitna and Erickson. Never have I seen people so quick to call trolling as I have this past season. Come on let's grow up and have a discussion about our beloved hawks and agree to disagree.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:59 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:
Not trolling just disagree on Wilson. We are allowed to have a difference of opinion still or is that forbidden when it comes to our QB. I simply feel we need more production out of the spot then we are getting. I agree the defense has let us down. However, I want a championship team like everyone else here. I have been on this board since the inception back when uncle curls use to post about kitna and Erickson. Never have I seen people so quick to call trolling as I have this past season. Come on let's grow up and have a discussion about our beloved hawks and agree to disagree.

Dude just look at your first post. "By the way, not trolling"...that's like someone saying "I'm not racist, but"

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm 
NET Starter

Ok, if you are not trolling, explain how 8.2 yards per attempt is poor production.

Last edited by pocketprotector on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

T-Sizzle wrote:
v1rotv2 wrote:

So one play means its his fault? Lol....m mmmm-Kay buddy

You did notice I said Wilson and the secondary, right? If not check the title.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Not even a good troll.

Out of all the things to focus on today, the rookie QB with 2 TDs, no INTs and 200 yards passing is the problem. Right.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 pm 
NET Practice Squad

csalsb wrote:

But what did Wilson not do that he was supposed to? Not complete 17 passes in a row, instead of just 16? Not have a 158.3 passer rating instead of the 122 passer rating he did have?

Blaming Russell Wilson at all for today's loss, instead of the defense and offensive line, makes about as much sense as blaming Tom Brady for the Patriots loss in Seattle. Actually, in Russell's case, it makes less sense...he didn't throw anywhere near as many picks, or near picks, as Brady threw in that game.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

pocketprotector wrote:
He averaged over 8 yards per pass attempt. Only a troll would blame the lack of passing yards on RW.

Troll, really? Is that your boiler plate answer when you didn't have a comment?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:07 pm 
NET Starter

v1rotv2 wrote:
pocketprotector wrote:

Troll, really? Is that your boiler plate answer when you didn't have a comment?

It is the only explanation for someone blaming the lack of total passing yards on a qb who averaged over 8 yards per attempt. Well, that or stupidity. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran

No run first team wants to go out and gun for 300+ passing yards a game. That screams shoot out, and I'm confident Russell could do that if we needed him to. its just not what we want. A lot of 400 yard passing games end in losses for that QB. Personally, I think you're crazy if you're not liking what you see from this kid. At least you haven't mentioned Flynn yet, because well, I'd like lik to hear an argument for how he would have won this game today... Get out of here, troll.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

The decision to run instead of going with Wilsons hot hand to close the game out lost it. We should have been pushing the ball down field more. Defense stunk it up too. Two amazing road performances by Wilson wasted.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

camdawg wrote:
csalsb wrote:

But what did Wilson not do that he was supposed to? Not complete 17 passes in a row, instead of just 16? Not have a 158.3 passer rating instead of the 122 passer rating he did have?

Blaming Russell Wilson at all for today's loss, instead of the defense and offensive line, makes about as much sense as blaming Tom Brady for the Patriots loss in Seattle. Actually, in Russell's case, it makes less sense...he didn't throw anywhere near as many picks, or near picks, as Brady threw in that game.

:13: Well said.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Alright Russell Wilson was awesome. No first downs until the second quarter. No big plays in the fourth when the game is on the line. But hey that passer rating is awesome in a loss. Yes the defense stunk I have said that.

Miami said they were going to stop the run in fact they have one of the best run defenses in the league. If you read anything during the week leading up to the game in their fan forums or listened to Shannon sharpe on nfl network yesterday he said the same thing about the run defense.

In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen. If the coaching staff is doing this then they need to change. If they feel he is not ready then we are not ready to take the next step forward which means another 500 record and based on what I saw today we could be 7-9 or 8-8 with our remaining schedule.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 pm 
NET Veteran

There were over 100 players and coaches in the stadium today and Russell Wilson was the best one of them all. Wilson is the best QB in the league right now, bringing pressure on him is useless because hes just gonna make you look stupid and dance away from you and make an impossible throw on the run for a 20 yard pass. Russell embarrasses players. Probably makes them wish they chose a different career.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:
Alright Russell Wilson was awesome. No first downs until the second quarter. No big plays in the fourth when the game is on the line. But hey that passer rating is awesome in a loss. Yes the defense stunk I have said that.

Miami said they were going to stop the run in fact they have one of the best run defenses in the league. If you read anything during the week leading up to the game in their fan forums or listened to Shannon sharpe on nfl network yesterday he said the same thing about the run defense.

In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen. If the coaching staff is doing this then they need to change. If they feel he is not ready then we are not ready to take the next step forward which means another 500 record and based on what I saw today we could be 7-9 or 8-8 with our remaining schedule.

I can't debate with you because your head is in the clouds as far as coming into a game wanting to throw for 300 yards and thinking that will do it. You are missing the point of our team and our gameplay. We failed to execute, but 300 yards doesn't get it done alone. And three touchdowns, okay, great. I'm glad that's a goal. I just want to out score the other team. This can be done a number of ways. Plain and simple, Wilson was the best player on the field today. (Honorable mention to Washington). You seem to think RW is responsible for the woes in the first quarter... Hmmm...

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:56 pm 
NET Starter

csalsb wrote:
In other words this was a day when we needed big yards in the passing game I would take a 90 QB rating and 300 yards and three touch downs knowing this was a game in which Russell Wilson was going to be dared to win it. It is time for this to happen.

How is he supposed to throw for 300 yards with only 23 pass attempts?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran

csalsb wrote:
...if people are going to put him up as the second coming then he needs to make those plays.

And if people don't... then he doesn't need to?

You're entitled to an opinion. I'm entitled to mine and it is this: yours is baseless, biased, and misdirected.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:06 pm 
NET Veteran

I love the no big plays in fourth quarter. Lol. One possession all playcalling was conservative to eat up click more concerned about going the ball back than scoring 7.

I blame the kicker no FG's made all game. If he makes 2 or 3 of them we win. It is irrelevant the number of opportunities that the kicker had he simply should have made 3 ....

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:16 pm 
* NET Sage *

ensett wrote:
Wilson is the best QB in the league right now.

:lol:

Um what? Maybe best QB named Russell.

He played great today though I will say that. And this thread blaming him for the loss is ridiculous .. But Wilson is not the best QB in football, not even close

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 pm 
NET Practice Squad

csalsb wrote:

Here's the thing. Maybe Russell can audible out of some running plays, into some passing plays. Perhaps more than other rookie QB's can. But if Darrell Bevell is constantly sending in 2 RB, 1 TE personnel; or 2 TE, 2 RB; or 2 TE, 1 RB, 2 WR, there's only so much Russell can do.

If we wanted Russell to throw for a ton of yards today, than Darrell Bevell needed to send in 3 WR, 4 WR, 5 WR personnel groupings that would allow Russell to do that.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Lol audible for the sake of not liking the run option will cause some major issue. Try it with your boss and see how it goes. Audible because you see a blitz or a change etc justifiable but only so many times unless you are named Peyton...

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm 
NET Veteran

ensett wrote:
There were over 100 players and coaches in the stadium today and Russell Wilson was the best one of them all. Wilson is the best QB in the league right now, bringing pressure on him is useless because hes just gonna make you look stupid and dance away from you and make an impossible throw on the run for a 20 yard pass. Russell embarrasses players. Probably makes them wish they chose a different career.

:D

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:27 pm 
NET Veteran

a lot of little things, the offense looked sluggish, no speed off the snap

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

You know who's had a ton of passing yards this year? Carson Palmer.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]