best secondary in the league

kailjag

Reaction score
I agree. The Seahawks have a really good secondary and Pete is trying to make the Legion of Boom Secondary again. If every one stays healthy and plays expected, the Seahawks could have the best secondary in the league

Chawker

Reaction score
I agree. The Seahawks have a really good secondary and Pete is trying to make the Legion of Boom Secondary again. If every one stays healthy and plays expected, the Seahawks could have the best secondary in the league
"Could have" dude, we have a whole pack of dogs in our secondary. "The best"

CHEERS

whidbeast

Reaction score
Great secondary - my concern is whether or not we will be able to generate a pass rush. Even a backup QB can shred a good secondary from an everlasting clean pocket as we have observed many times.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Woolen, Spoon, Jackson, Bryant, Diggs. Adams, Love

No doubt this group has the potential to be the best secondary in the league if they can just stay healthy.

This D is close to being incredible.

Thoughts
If healthy , they should all make the final roster . No?

irfuben32

Reaction score
Just throw at whoever Adams is supposed to be guarding. Dude sucks in coverage. Have to have two elite CB's so he can blitz all of the time. I really hope he gets a June 1st designation

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Just throw at whoever Adams is supposed to be guarding. Dude sucks in coverage. Have to have two elite CB's so he can blitz all of the time. I really hope he gets a June 1st designation
I agree with the potential ceiling for this group. I also think our safety room is what it is so Adams can play more like a roving LB than as a safety. Sure hope that's the case.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Woolen, Spoon, Jackson, Bryant, Diggs. Adams, Love

No doubt this group has the potential to be the best secondary in the league if they can just stay healthy.

This D is close to being incredible.

Thoughts
They def have the talent. Now can they scheme them all to work well together. If the coaches figure it out and the players buy in. Yup this secondary could be dangerous.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
They can cut him now and give him a June 1st designation. So since they haven’t makes me believe they won’t.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I completely agree and would say the same about the opposite side of the ball "secondary". If you were to take D-line and O-line out of it completely and just focus on the leagues secondary's and skill positions, we are #1 hands down.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
If they are healthy, this is a dawg group of DB’s. Many true alpha’s amongst them. Don’t sleep on T Brown, if healthy, he brings some attitude as well.

Pappy367

Reaction score
start diggs and love at saftey and let adams play hybrid lb/s postion and generate pass rush. with our DL and if he can get pressure like he did the first season. i think we are ok. just need to stop the run.

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Hawks were top 10 in sacks and pressure time last year. It was the run defense that killed us. If we have an improved secondary then more of those pressures should turn in to sacks. Especially if Adams is healthy and blitzing.

BASF

Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm, however the best secondary is the one that communicates the best. We have a few years track record of not being able to communicate in the secondary. The schemes from the past few seasons have been poor. The new secondary coach Roy Anderson has a dubious record with the Vikings over the past three seasons. We are all hopeful, but we should be realistic in our expectations.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
In the league?

A little premature for that lofty designation before this group has even taken a snap in the regular season together.

But certainly the potential to be the best. We also need to see Adams stay healthy, and we all know that's a big ask. But IMO at this point in both their careers, Jones is a better safety anyway. Far more versatile and dependable in coverage.