best secondary in the league

LTH

Reaction score
They def have the talent. Now can they scheme them all to work well together. If the coaches figure it out and the players buy in. Yup this secondary could be dangerous.
This secondary is nothing short of thunderous......If the Hawks get the D line sorted out, WATCH OUT! This team has the talent and the chemistry to do great things. it just feels like they are 2-3 players away...... They just need some depth at linebacker and then a couple of DTs to step up, then of course everybody has to play to expectation.

I would not expect this team to come out of the gates on fire... I think its going to take some time for them to gel I'm thinking 9 or 10 games to settle in and make adjustments to personal and scheme, before they really start to pump the juice!

LTH

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Great secondary - my concern is whether or not we will be able to generate a pass rush. Even a backup QB can shred a good secondary from an everlasting clean pocket as we have observed many times.
I think if you had said people are going to gash us on the run.......that could be a possibility. However, a great QB is going to have to account for and adjust if we turn out to have an elite secondary, which this very well could be. Pockets of protection for the QB break down pretty quick even with a scrub line. We are talking a difference of approximately 2 seconds on average of snaps at most......that's not much time. And I don't think we regressed on the line.....so if that's even the same or slightly improved, plus throw in an elite secondary.....? Good Lort, here we come!

Last edited:

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm, however the best secondary is the one that communicates the best. We have a few years track record of not being able to communicate in the secondary. The schemes from the past few seasons have been poor. The new secondary coach Roy Anderson has a dubious record with the Vikings over the past three seasons. We are all hopeful, but we should be realistic in our expectations.
I believe this too, but I also think bringing Bobby back will alleviate this to an extent on the communication anyway. Here's to hoping. If they secondary has a better understanding of what's going on underneath, maybe it can translate a bit to their part of the field.