Elite Secondary/WR

Sonichound16

Reaction score
So it seems like we are currently elite in the secondary and at the WR spots with our last 2 picks provided they pan out, we may have the best WR trio in the league and our secondary is right up there. That extra second or 2 of coverage is going to lead to more sacks/pressures and we were already top 10 in the sacks category. I am thinking they go OL/DL and RB today in no particular order, staying with the BPA mentality we are using. Pretty stoked about what has happened so far and excited for tonight. I changed my mind every day about Carter and Richardson but they were pretty low floor/high ceiling guys and it looks like we are building to make a legitimate run either this year or next. If we can improve our run defense and have an adequate 2nd RB then we may be cooking with fire...You get one of the top C in the draft and move Brown to G and our Oline is young and seems pretty capable. Just need a masher or 2 that plug the middle and we are in business.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think we've aced the passing aspect of the NFL. We need to ace the running aspect of the NFL, i.e. run stuffing defenders and another RB to spell K9 as well as some added beef at iOL.
Fortunately those sorts of players can be had in later rounds of a draft.

CB and WR are premium positions and getting the best prospects in the draft at both positions is a great outcome. We need some young stars and you can fill needs in FA and late draft rounds.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not displeased with the selections, both are great college players and have tremendous potential to be stars in the NFL, but I'm not ecstatic about them either. Any secondary (including LOB) struggles if there isn't a strong DL containing the QB. Give any QB enough time, they will beat you. Some dink and dunk and others will fling a deep ball.
On the offense, if the QB is getting sacked (Geno was dropped 46 times last season), adding extra skill players becomes useless in trying to counter that problem. The skill player is not being counted on to stay in and block (especially at WR). Blocking is what is most needed in that situation. Like I said they picked up some great talent so not overly bitter about it. Hopefully they will grab a couple of players today and tomorrow to beef up those areas.

OP
OP
S

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Do you guys think we are looking at Darnell Washington? Basically an OL that can catch.

chris98251

Reaction score
You need a immovable object in the middle that's a tough SOB, go to the nearest abandoned building and grab 50 cinder blocks and stack them in the middle. There is a upgrade in the run defense, we can find wide bodies later, or even UDFA or FA. Get a Center and a OLB, then stack D line interior bodies.