1984 Seahawk Secondary

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This was pre-LOB but man the secondary they had that season - Kenny Easley, John Harris, Dave Brown, and Keith Simpson. Easley had 10 INT, Brown had 8, Harris had 6, and Simpson had 4. Terry Taylor was also a backup CB on the team and he had 3 INT (rookie season). They didn't have slouch QBs, who they were facing, in their division (AFC West) either. They were playing Fouts, Elway, Plunkett/Wilson, and Bill Kenney.

Kenny Easley is in HOF and Dave Brown on all accounts should be. Brown should be the next Seahawk player enshrined (IMO).

1984 Seahawks -

Mick063

Reaction score
Also
1986: Subtract John Harris and add Eugene Robinson

1989:
Patrick Hunter, Dwayne Harper (The most underrated CB in Seahawk history), Nesby Glasgow, and Eugene Robinson.

For the ENTIRE DECADE, Seattle had an outstanding secondary.

Seahawker

Reaction score
84 Hawk Defense

* 63 defensive turnovers in a season. #1 all time.
* 47 forced fumbles. #5 all time.
25 fumble recoveries. #1 in 1984.
* 38 INT's. #1 in 1984.
* 7 INT's returned for TD in one season. #2 all time.
* The only NFL team in history to have 3 players with multiple pick sixes in the same season

renofox

Reaction score
I have vague memories of a year where the defense was sometimes scoring more points in a game than the offense.

IIRC the defense, at some point in the season, was actually nearly tied with the offense for points scored.

That must be the year.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Those were some great defenses for sure. Not sure Dave Brown is quote HOF fame caliber. I think of the early players, Jacob Green has better case, but even then unlikely.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Those were some great defenses for sure. Not sure Dave Brown is quote HOF fame caliber. I think of the early players, Jacob Green has better case, but even then unlikely.
13 seasons-62 interceptions!
10 seasons with Hawks-50 interceptions which is still a team record.
John you still unsure?
With all due respect I think it couldn't be any more clear that DB belongs
in Canton.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
84 Hawk Defense

* 63 defensive turnovers in a season. #1 all time.
* 47 forced fumbles. #5 all time.
25 fumble recoveries. #1 in 1984.
* 38 INT's. #1 in 1984.
* 7 INT's returned for TD in one season. #2 all time.
* The only NFL team in history to have 3 players with multiple pick sixes in the same season
That's effin BEAUTIFUL

morgulon1

Reaction score
This was pre-LOB but man the secondary they had that season - Kenny Easley, John Harris, Dave Brown, and Keith Simpson. Easley had 10 INT, Brown had 8, Harris had 6, and Simpson had 4. Terry Taylor was also a backup CB on the team and he had 3 INT (rookie season). They didn't have slouch QBs, who they were facing, in their division (AFC West) either. They were playing Fouts, Elway, Plunkett/Wilson, and Bill Kenney.

Kenny Easley is in HOF and Dave Brown on all accounts should be. Brown should be the next Seahawk player enshrined (IMO).

1984 Seahawks -

Loved Dave Brown. I was lucky enough to meet him at Seahawks training camp in Cheney one time. Very nice guy and took his time chopping it up with the crowd.
Does anyone remember? Dave Brown could crack . Definitely should be in the ROH.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Loved Dave Brown. I was lucky enough to meet him at Seahawks training camp in Cheney one time. Very nice guy and took his time chopping it up with the crowd.
Does anyone remember? Dave Brown could crack . Definitely should be in the ROH.

He is in the ring.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have an embarrassing memory involving DB. VP Mike Flood was showing me around the old Kirkland facilities when this older gentleman walked by. Mike said something like, "Don't you know who this is?" Sheepishly I kind of just stood there and he said "This is Dave Brown." I remember saying, "Oh wow!" Shook his hand and Dave looked a bit put off. Aaaaaaackward.

BASF

Reaction score
I have an embarrassing memory involving DB. VP Mike Flood was showing me around the old Kirkland facilities when this older gentleman walked by. Mike said something like, "Don't you know who this is?" Sheepishly I kind of just stood there and he said "This is Dave Brown." I remember saying, "Oh wow!" Shook his hand and Dave looked a bit put off. Aaaaaaackward.

View attachment 60251
It's best to go with the you look so young I didn't think you were old enough to be Dave Brown. It comes in handy from time to time.

Torc

Reaction score
If that 83/84 team had won a super bowl, there would be multiple HOFers. Brown would probably be one of them. Championships matter for the hall of fame.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
This post brings me back to when I became a Seahawk fan from Miami. It was Monday October 29, 1984, when the Seahawks defeated the Chargers 24-0. The Seahawks were impressive and entertaining. The defense stood out that game. The next morning, I adopted the Seahawks as my favorite NFL team.

olyfan63

Reaction score

nanomoz

Reaction score
Darren Sharper and Dave Brown are the only players in NFL history with 60+ interceptions that aren't in the hall of fame. And Sharper probably would be without the whole serial rapist thing.