#3 is gonna be a fixture on this team for 12+ years.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Dude's only a rook. He shows a veterans poise, is extremely accurate overall with his throws, knows when to scramble and when to throw the ball away, and is fearless. He prepares for games like a man on a mission. Can you imagine what he's gonna be like next year? In 5 years? He has all the tools to overcome that stupid 2-3 inches in height. He will be the face of the Seahawks for the next decade, barring injury. JMHO. He is one exciting player, and the national talking heads are really talking him up, and rightfully so. Flynn is most definately Wilson's backup, and this is from me, a former Flynn backer. I was SO wrong. If we can round up a group of sticky-handed receivers, the sky is the limit with our passing offense! Hope I see this kid hoisting the Lombardi one day!
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I recall in the draft I bitched that we had wasted a 3rd round pick on Wilson.....I freely admit I was wrong.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Lets hope so!! 12+ years without QB debates around here would be amazing!!!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• He makes rookie mistakes here or there, which are warranted. But you just see that when he puts it all together he will be top 5 in the league. He just has that "it" factor. We should all be very very excited about him. No matter how this season goes.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• i freely admit, and my best friend will gladly and laughingly tell you, that i screamed like a little girl when i heard "With the 75th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin."
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

• Jazzhawk wrote:I recall in the draft I bitched that we had wasted a 3rd round pick on Wilson.....I freely admit I was wrong.

I never disliked him however before the KC preseason game I was all over Flynns nuts and called RW Russell Bagginns (which may beok because he will be lord of the Super Bowl rings) and freely admit I was dead wrong.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• I actually said Josh Portis was better than him...

I might be wrong...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• How about our FO? To have the balls to not only draft a 5 foot 10 QB in the 3rd round but to start him . If you were told this was going to happpen (not knowing anything about the QB) last year, everyone would have thought our FO was nuts. And a lot of ppl did knowing who it was . Gotta respect them.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• BlueThunder wrote:Dude's only a rook. He shows a veterans poise, is extremely accurate overall with his throws, knows when to scramble and when to throw the ball away, and is fearless. He prepares for games like a man on a mission. Can you imagine what he's gonna be like next year? In 5 years? He has all the tools to overcome that stupid 2-3 inches in height. He will be the face of the Seahawks for the next decade, barring injury. JMHO. He is one exciting player, and the national talking heads are really talking him up, and rightfully so. Flynn is most definately Wilson's backup, and this is from me, a former Flynn backer. I was SO wrong. If we can round up a group of sticky-handed receivers, the sky is the limit with our passing offense! Hope I see this kid hoisting the Lombardi one day!

I have been saying this since before day 1. Was actually thinking we should spend a 2nd rounder on him....turns out we got him in the 3rd.

Flynn guys and Pete Haterz owe a huge apology to the team, PC, JS, and DangeRuss, because they actually do know what they are doing.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I really wanted us to draft him and was glad when we did. However, I wanted us to wait until next year to play him, and I figured even then he would have a tough first year adjustment. I was all ready to wait until his third year for the pay off. He really is amazing.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• I was praying we would draft him thanks to .Net. Also Turbin thanks to .Net. I love this site!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• The chemistry between Russel & Rice is getting better every game. I'm so excited to see this play out!
    Nefaria
    NET Bench Warmer

• Nefaria wrote:The chemistry between Russel & Rice is getting better every game. I'm so excited to see this play out!

...and with Golden Tate, too.

:th2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Donk70 wrote:I'd still like to see us go after a WR in the 1st next year.

Yeah, yeah, yeah......I'll think about that after the season is over.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• well he doesnt get all the love . I was watching NFLN this morning and they had a 5 minute montage of "Rookie QBs" and then they discussed rookie qbs . within those 8 minutes not one person even mention seattle seahawks or russell wilson.

besides that I was fully behind Russell Wilson after pre-season game number 2 . I saw the "it" factor and I havent looked back.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• He has been absolutely electric so far this year. He and Luck are going to have a tight race for RotY, methinks.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:He has been absolutely electric so far this year. He and Luck are going to have a tight race for RotY, methinks.

Doug Martin says hi.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:Lets hope so!! 12+ years without QB debates around here would be amazing!!!

Oh man that would be great...
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:He has been absolutely electric so far this year. He and Luck are going to have a tight race for RotY, methinks.

Doug Martin says hi.

Yeah I think he almost has it in the bag after the last few games. Dude is tearing it up!
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Andrew Luck had a very good game today, but if there is justice in the world he should be no better than 4th place in O-RoY right now. Even with today's performance, he's only completed 55% of his passes on the season and only has a passer rating of 74.6. That's five points worse than what T-jack had last year.

By contrast, Robert Griffin has a 97.3 passer rating and is the best rushing QB in the game. Russell Wilson has a 87 passer rating and also makes plays with his legs. Doug Martin could retire right now and own team records. He's on pace for 2078 yards from scrimmage and 16 total TDs.

Griffin and Martin blow Luck out of the water, and on better teams they'd be fringe MVP candidates. Wilson is also playing at a much higher level than Luck has so far. Every time I hear Luck for O-Roy talk it makes me want to punch someone from ESPN in the face.
    Last edited by kearly on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• BigMeach wrote:How about our FO? To have the balls to not only draft a 5 foot 10 QB in the 3rd round but to start him . If you were told this was going to happpen (not knowing anything about the QB) last year, everyone would have thought our FO was nuts. And a lot of ppl did knowing who it was . Gotta respect them.

Best FO we have ever had. Don't care what anyone says. They have finally given us a true franchise QB. Picked up the best RB in history for the team. Scary thing is they can only get better over the next 3-4 years through the draft and will have a lot depth and ability for years to come.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• HawkFan72 wrote:I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

I was most decidedly in this group. Glad to be proven wrong.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• its true, what a difference a win makes for the board.

Im staying away qbotf talk but RW had a good game today, loved seeing that. Now minnie in our house was a bit of a breather for the hawks but I don't care, it was fun.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• I was all if it ain't TJ! then it's gotta be RW3!!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• BlueThunder wrote:Dude's only a rook. He shows a veterans poise, is extremely accurate overall with his throws, knows when to scramble and when to throw the ball away, and is fearless. He prepares for games like a man on a mission. Can you imagine what he's gonna be like next year? In 5 years? He has all the tools to overcome that stupid 2-3 inches in height. He will be the face of the Seahawks for the next decade, barring injury. JMHO. He is one exciting player, and the national talking heads are really talking him up, and rightfully so. Flynn is most definately Wilson's backup, and this is from me, a former Flynn backer. I was SO wrong. If we can round up a group of sticky-handed receivers, the sky is the limit with our passing offense! Hope I see this kid hoisting the Lombardi one day!

I'm with ya' word for word. I hope this silences those that felt we were anti Wilson. I think I speak for us both, if not all, in saying it was never about being anti Wilson. It was historical data suggesting the odds favored Flynn and were, well...anti Wilson. So much for statistics. I stated that if Wilson were to be successful, he'd have to be the best 5 10 QB in history. It looks like he just might be that and I couldn't be much happier about it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Andrew Luck had a very good game today, but if there is justice in the world he should be no better than 4th place in O-RoY right now. Even with today's performance, he's only completed 55% of his passes on the season and only has a passer rating of 74.6. That's five points worse than what T-jack had last year.

By contrast, Robert Griffin has a 97.3 passer rating and is the best rushing QB in the game. Russell Wilson has a 87 passer rating and also makes plays with his legs. Doug Martin could retire right now and own team records. He's on pace for 2078 yards from scrimmage and 16 total TDs.

Griffin and Martin blow Luck out of the water, and on better teams they'd be fringe MVP candidates. Wilson is also playing at a much higher level than Luck has so far. Every time I hear Luck for O-Roy talk it makes me want to punch someone from ESPN in the face.

That's because you're not considering the abysmal team Luck was drafted onto. You're also not considering that QBs like RG3 don't last very long. Wise voters will see what Luck has done at Indy, one of the worst teams in recent history, and that he has done it without gimmicks or putting his, and the teams future at risk. I'm not saying RG3 isn't a weapon, he is, but for how long? You draft an Andrew Luck to lead your team to championships and you draft an RG3 to put ass' in seats.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Flynn could still be pretty good. With that, Wilson also seems very durable. Accurate, learning fast, working really hard...what more could one want? What is Russell's ceiling?
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• From the way I hear them both described (or more specifically, their work ethics and maniacal preparation), we have our very own 5'105/8" Peyton Manning.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Atradees wrote:Flynn could still be pretty good. With that, Wilson also seems very durable. Accurate, learning fast, working really hard...what more could one want? What is Russell's ceiling?

I'm sure he's a fine QB, but I don't think we'll ever find out! And thats a good thing!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• HawkWow wrote:
    kearly wrote:Andrew Luck had a very good game today, but if there is justice in the world he should be no better than 4th place in O-RoY right now. Even with today's performance, he's only completed 55% of his passes on the season and only has a passer rating of 74.6. That's five points worse than what T-jack had last year.

That's because you're not considering the abysmal team Luck was drafted onto. You're also not considering that QBs like RG3 don't last very long. Wise voters will see what Luck has done at Indy, one of the worst teams in recent history, and that he has done it without gimmicks or putting his, and the teams future at risk. I'm not saying RG3 isn't a weapon, he is, but for how long? You draft an Andrew Luck to lead your team to championships and you draft an RG3 to put ass' in seats.

Irrelevant. Rookie-of-the-Year is supposed to be about what happens this year. It's not supposed to have anything to do with what's expected in the future.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• RW3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I want to have Russel Wilson's children! But I also want to have Matt Flynn's children. And I'm a dude :|
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• Slick wrote:I want to have Russel Wilson's children! But I also want to have Matt Flynn's children. And I'm a dude :|

You should consider dropping the "l" from you user ID.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• according the the dip shits on the NFL Network set last night, neon deon, irvin to be specific, they were talking ROY crap, their top 3 and in order.... Luck, RG3, and the running back from TB can't remember his name... did not even so much as mention RW.... just goes to show you, we might as have a team that plays in Walla Walla and have the local field workers as players, cuz we aren't getting any love any time soon... so not sure who does the ROY voting, but unless it's the players or Seattle fans, he's not going to win it...doesn't matter what he accomplishes this year aside from winning it all...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• aaaaand the next time he has a bad game there will be a bunch of people talking about how he really isn't all that. "something something too short to see his targets something".

I'm enjoying the ride. RW3 is a heck of person and I'm glad to have someone like that at the most visible position on the team. If he ends up being a long term franchise level player I'll be stoked beyond belief. I haven't broken the seal on the anointing oil just yet tho.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

• Russell is not getting the respect that he deserves and I think it is partially because he came onto a solid team. A team that was in better shape than Indy, Washington and Tampa. I also believe the commentators feel that with Flynn Seattle is between 5-4 and 4-5 team so he swings our wins + / - 1 game. Not saying I agree but this is what I BELIEVE the commentators are thinking based on reading between the lines.

Martin is putting up huge numbers so that opens your eyes big time and he deserves the credit he gets

Indy was the worst team in the league last year and they are 5-3

RG3 has a great completion percentage has been exciting and Washington is competing. I do think like many commentators has said that his numbers are somewhat a result of the system right now. I think he will be very good / great in the long term if he doesn't get knocked out of the profession but I think that for the foreseable future film study of now several games will limit the Redskins and I think they have reached the highlight of this season

Wilson's time in the limelight will come if we go to 6-4 and then 7-4......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Could care less what the mediots say. Russell Wilson...now that's my QB! Love me some RW.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

If that's the case, it was stupid since it cost pretty much everyone their jobs.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• HawkFan72 wrote:I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

+1
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

Considering that teams that perform poorly enough to end up picking #1 tend to end up changing coaches, I don't see how someone comes up with this "gut feeling." Like Caldwell and Co. were thinking, "Hey, we're already a pretty criticized coaching staff... why not tank the season to see if we can get the #1 pick for whoever takes over once we're fired?"

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I was one of the people who was not impressed with Wilson in the last few weeks, but I have to say after watching yesterday he was amazing, nearly perfect on every single throw and decision. very impressive
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Yep, I'm so relieved that he has progressed as quickly as he has. When he went down clutching his knee yesterday I was thinking Oh no! Not when he's finally found his groove.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• I've been a believer since the preseason and at this point I say: I never want to see Russell Wilson in a jersey other than a Seahawks jersey. If Rice can stay healthy and be his Marvin Harrison, let's get this kid a Reggie Wayne and watch them all destroy this league for years to come!!!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Well duh!!!!
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information