I am SOLD that there will be a 3 way trade for Russ!

onepicknick1

Reaction score
KinesProf":zsa1hsxw said:
onepicknick1":zsa1hsxw said:
Ambrose83":zsa1hsxw said:
Torc":zsa1hsxw said:
The cap hit is a big dealbreaker for sure. I think our worst case scenario is that they can't move him because of the cap, and then he tanks for a season like Rodgers did during McCarthy's least season in Green Bay. I THINK he is too much of a competitor to do that. I hope so anyway.

But there's no way he ends up in Dallas. He ain't getting traded to an NFC team. Can you imagine having to go through him in the playoffs year after year?

Of his list, the Raiders is most likely IMO. But I really hope they work it out.

We lose Wilson, we won't be talking playoffs anytime soon

Let me rephrased I would rather win 4 games this year

Are you able to expand upon why you would rather the Hawks win 4 games in 2021?

Ok didn't mean I only want the Hawks to win 4 games put it like this if they Trade Russ and Bobby how many games do you think they'll win probably more like 7 to 9 games that seems to be where Pete was at without them. I totally agree Russ was a miracle for a draft pick and so was Brady so instead of drafting a number one QB Draft a QB in the 2nd round and down it all seems to be a crap shoot anyway.

How much Cap space would this create? Under Pete this club seems to be stagnate. Would you rather go to the playoffs every year and never make the SB or go to the playoffs once and win the SB in a 5 year period?.

Pete Carrol, Andy Reid, and now Bruce Arians all said we will be winning more of these making it sound like it's an easy task you watch KC will not make the AFC champion game next year and I just don't think we'll be back in a longtime.

OP
OP
F

Forthewin

Reaction score
I would take the Super Bowl win in a 5 year span.
I think the Hawks pull it together and win in 2022...Hence my name.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
getnasty":ucua46sk said:
Sports Hernia":ucua46sk said:
getnasty":ucua46sk said:
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Houston gets Dak and a 3rd round pick from the Cowboys
Actually that’s the most realistic yet. Though I don’t know if that’s enough if I’m Houston, and not sure *allas has the cap room. I’d hate to see Russ going to play for Jerruh’s kids but getting Watson here would ease that pain.

Part of what hinders a straight up Wilson and Watson swap is Seattle’s lack of draft choices in 2021.
Cant sweeten the pot with draft picks.

I wouldn't sweeten Houston's pot they seem to be in a rock and a hard place with Watson. Wilson not wanting to go to Houston is the problem thus the 3 way trade.

I think a 3-way with Houston and the Raiders could work:

Seattle gets Watson
Raiders get Wilson
Houston gets Carr

The Raiders would probably need to throw in two 1st round picks, and Houston would need to send Seattle something pretty good in addition, but putting Russ with the Raiders launches them into the playoffs. Houston gets a fresh start with an experienced franchise QB. We would lose a HOF QB, but get a potential HOF QB who is 6 years younger -- and may be open to Pete's rah-rah mentality.

Russ would go to one of the 4 teams he wants, Watson gets a fresh start. The only one who might be unhappy with this is Carr, whose brother got turned to chopped meat in Houston, and who seemed to be thriving under Jon Grudin. Not sure if Carr has a no-trade clause....

My two cents.

toffee

Reaction score
No only a trade but a trade in this off season, Russ's heart has left, by keeping him for another season is taking a huge risk. He could.get hurt, his performance could future regress.

Can't take those risks. It's trade now, and since we would be rebuilding, if there are great offer on Bobby, time to part company also.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2gzf5paz said:
getnasty":2gzf5paz said:
Sports Hernia":2gzf5paz said:
getnasty":2gzf5paz said:
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Houston gets Dak and a 3rd round pick from the Cowboys
Actually that’s the most realistic yet. Though I don’t know if that’s enough if I’m Houston, and not sure *allas has the cap room. I’d hate to see Russ going to play for Jerruh’s kids but getting Watson here would ease that pain.

Part of what hinders a straight up Wilson and Watson swap is Seattle’s lack of draft choices in 2021.

I wouldn't sweeten Houston's pot they seem to be in a rock and a hard place with Watson. Wilson not wanting to go to Houston is the problem thus the 3 way trade.

Seattle gets Watson
Raiders get Wilson
Houston gets Carr

The Raiders would probably need to throw in two 1st round picks, and Houston would need to send Seattle something pretty good in addition, but putting Russ with the Raiders launches them into the playoffs. Houston gets a fresh start with an experienced franchise QB. We would lose a HOF QB, but get a potential HOF QB who is 6 years younger -- and may be open to Pete's rah-rah mentality.

Russ would go to one of the 4 teams he wants, Watson gets a fresh start. The only one who might be unhappy with this is Carr, whose brother got turned to chopped meat in Houston, and who seemed to be thriving under Jon Grudin. Not sure if Carr has a no-trade clause....

My two cents.
I like it, but why would Houston do this?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
No way they go for Watson after what he did to Houston! Houston may have lit the fire & set the stage but Watson is getting paid the big bucks to go about things in a way that doesn’t damage the franchise!

It’s true Seattle must win the NFC West with or without Wilson and Seattle cannot make this trade without a replacement QB with huge upside.

The draft has many QB prospects that should be long term starters in the NFL the problem is all of them need atleast a year on the bench to figure it out!

Plenty of evidence that both Pete & Russ want to part ways. Plenty of evidence John Schneider has been scouting QB’s and upsetting RW for doing it.

Not much evidence Carroll & Schneider are the types that wouldn’t know their QB is upset. 100% evidence Carroll & Schneider have known for atleast 6 months RW could eventually ask to be traded. They didn’t care and didn’t do anything about it!

Both Seattle & Chicago have already crossed the Rubicon. Chicago must acquire RW! Seattle better have a replacement QB for RW. If Seattle keeps RW and RW chokes again, it’s over for Pete & John.

Pete Carroll has gushed over Sam Darnold who is a phenom but Darnold is not the first phenom to go to USC and to the NFL. The difference is Darnold is a good guy and his teammates love him as a leader too.

Saints, Raiders, and Cowboys have balked at the 3 1st round draft pick starting price for RW! They’re smart he’s not worth it!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35sekdnd said:
Tusc2000":35sekdnd said:
getnasty":35sekdnd said:
Sports Hernia":35sekdnd said:

Seattle gets Watson
Raiders get Wilson
Houston gets Carr

My two cents.
I like it, but why would Houston do this?

No! But neither would Seattle! This isn’t the first time Watson has gone Berserk remember when the Houston owner asked “are the inmates running the asylum”? Houston has an image problem and it’s going to cost them $$$! Giving in to Watson will only further damage the image plus the other owners don’t want Houston to give into Watson. What they need to do wait Watson out, then Watson will have to pay them back $$$.
Watson should play this season put up big numbers then politely ask for a trade in 2022! In fact Houston & Watson should come together and make a deal to get traded next year. It will blow over by then and Houston can make the proper management changes and get a nice return from a Watson trade.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is the boss here.

Little chance he does the best thing for the team and step down.

But he isn't capable enough to swing a good trade out of this.

So we will end up with some game manager QB or Sam Darnold reclamation project that will fail miserably. Remember, game managers only work when you have a great defense and exceptional run game. We don't.

Without Carson, trying to run the ball with Hyde and whathisname is going to be interesting.

More interesting is going to continue to watch Ken Norton fail forward. Maybe after Pete crashes and burns, he will be the few head coach since after a few more years of failure there is not really any other place for Norton to go?

Regardless, there is little chance we get a great 3-way trade of Wilson because we always overpay in these kinds of trades.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3f3q2jd2 said:
Pete is the boss here.

So we will end up with some game manager QB or Sam Darnold reclamation project that will fail miserably. Remember, game managers only work when you have a great defense and exceptional run game. We don't.

Without Carson, trying to run the ball with Hyde and whathisname is going to be interesting.

More interesting is going to continue to watch Ken Norton fail forward. Maybe after Pete crashes and burns, he will be the few head coach since after a few more years of failure there is not really any other place for Norton to go?

Regardless, there is little chance we get a great 3-way trade of Wilson because we always overpay in these kinds of trades.

Why are so many Carroll protégés in the NFL right now? The Carroll defense directly affects the offensive!! If you run a Carroll Defense you will never spend big on offense if your trying to win playoff games!

Carroll’s defense requires studs everywhere and those studs cost lots of $$ or high draft picks. Seattle is run like a mini corporation, ego & personal flaws don’t impact big decisions. Those decisions are heavily scrutinized by many people! This RW thing was planned out in 2019.
The 2023 draft has 2 stud QB prospects that will set up the Seahawk Franchise well into the 2030’s.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21cw8n24 said:
Pete is the boss here.

The front office could easily drive Pete out! There’s a lot more $$ moving around than the Salary Cap, the business side is massive and the administrative side directly impacts Carroll’s quality of life & ability to perform as a coach. Carroll has final say over players but as an example if he over rules Medical and is proven wrong he could get fired! There’s a million ways for Pete to get fired!

KinesProf

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":wohnoicj said:
TwistedHusky":wohnoicj said:
Pete is the boss here.

The 2023 draft has 2 stud QB prospects

Who are you thinking of?

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1jgfla5i said:
TwistedHusky":1jgfla5i said:
Pete is the boss here.

The front office could easily drive Pete out! There’s a lot more $$ moving around than the Salary Cap, the business side is massive and the administrative side directly impacts Carroll’s quality of life & ability to perform as a coach. Carroll has final say over players but as an example if he over rules Medical and is proven wrong he could get fired! There’s a million ways for Pete to get fired!

No, there is only 1, Jody says to Pete we need to move in another direction.

Until that happens everything else conversation.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
KinesProf":338t5l7r said:
FresnoHawk68":338t5l7r said:
TwistedHusky":338t5l7r said:
Pete is the boss here.

Who are you thinking of?

Alabama Bryce Young & Clemson DJ Uiagalelei

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is the FO.

The Seahawks are an investment in Jody's portfolio based on what we know now.

There is no hope for anything circumventing Pete because Pete is literally the decision-maker.

And if the decision-maker is the problem? Then you have a problem you cannot immediately solve.

Likely the problem we have.

Through our history with FAs & trades, especially splash ones, we overpay. There is no reason to expect this one will be different.

More concerning is that we often overpay for a player then attempt to force the use of that player in a way that is not a match for player and team. So we don't get the value of the player we paid top dollar for anyway. (Duane Brown is the only one I remember working OK)

This means even a good trade for a top-tier player rarely works out for us.

And since we struggle with mid to late-round 1st round picks, that will probably end poorly for us too.

What we ideally would want to do is package the 1sts together to get a top 5 pick. But then, go back and look at the top five or even top 10 QB picks. What is the success rate for QB picks if you remove QBs picked first overall ? (Hint: Not great)

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's not getting traded this year. If he is were rebuilding unless Watson is part of the trade. So those that would like to see him leave just understand playoffs are off the table in this division for a long time. That's just one of many reasons this is not going to happen. Ownership would also have to sign off on a trade of this magnitude i don't see them trading there best asset and there number one revenue generator. Watson has to be part of the deal or this just isn't going to happen.

KinesProf

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":jpolrr4x said:
KinesProf":jpolrr4x said:
FresnoHawk68":jpolrr4x said:
TwistedHusky":jpolrr4x said:
Pete is the boss here.

Who are you thinking of?

Thanks! I'll have to look them up

toffee

Reaction score
KinesProf":3p37jq4y said:
FresnoHawk68":3p37jq4y said:
KinesProf":3p37jq4y said:
FresnoHawk68":3p37jq4y said:

Who are you thinking of?

We could trade Russ for Carr plus 2 first rounder, one second and one third. Plus their star TE,

Then trade Carr to Jets to get our 2012 first round back.

Tank the season for next hottest QB prospects.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":2osn892v said:
KinesProf":2osn892v said:
FresnoHawk68":2osn892v said:
KinesProf":2osn892v said:
Who are you thinking of?

We could trade Russ for Carr plus 2 first rounder, one second and one third. Plus their star TE,

Raiders would love that trade if RW is as good as you say he is! But Seattle wants 3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Carr is a top 10 QB and is a fit just about everywhere. But you have to look at each Franchises situation! If the Jets, Seattle, or Chicago acquire Carr and Carr has a mediocre year the GM’s will get fired! But if the Jets draft Zach Wilson the GM Douglas has bought himself more years as the Jets GM. If the Bears trade for Wilson, Wilson will be the best QB they’ve had in decades and if they beat the Packers the Head Coach & GM will also save their jobs!

The GM’s & Coaches for the Raiders, Jets, and Bears are in the “hot seat” their objectives is to save their jobs!

RW choked in the playoffs Carroll & Schneider know their about to be in the “hot seat”! Knowing that & Knowing they’ve been pissing RW off for years why didn’t they squash trade rumors? Letting the rumors flourish with the backing of the front office means they’re trying to trade Wilson because the 2021 draft is loaded with Future NFL QB’s. But the rookie QB’s are ready to start in 2021!

Raiders hired Gus Bradley (Seattle) as Defensive Coordinator if he fails the head coach & GM or one of them will get fired for sure!

Raiders have the most resources because they have Mariota & Carr both are tradeable! Carr could fetch two round 1 picks because Matthew Stafford & 17 million in dead cap got 2 1st round picks!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":9fzl3xzp said:
toffee":9fzl3xzp said:
KinesProf":9fzl3xzp said:
FresnoHawk68":9fzl3xzp said:

Raiders would love that trade if RW is as good as you say he is! But Seattle wants 3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Carr is a top 10 QB and is a fit just about everywhere. But you have to look at each Franchises situation! If the Jets, Seattle, or Chicago acquire Carr and Carr has a mediocre year the GM’s will get fired! But if the Jets draft Zach Wilson the GM Douglas has bought himself more years as the Jets GM. If the Bears trade for Wilson, Wilson will be the best QB they’ve had in decades and if they beat the Packers the Head Coach & GM will also save their jobs!

The GM’s & Coaches for the Raiders, Jets, and Bears are in the “hot seat” their objectives is to save their jobs!

RW choked in the playoffs Carroll & Schneider know their about to be in the “hot seat”! Knowing that & Knowing they’ve been pissing RW off for years why didn’t they squash trade rumors? Letting the rumors flourish with the backing of the front office means they’re trying to trade Wilson because the 2021 draft is loaded with Future NFL QB’s. But the rookie QB’s are ready to start in 2021!

Raiders hired Gus Bradley (Seattle) as Defensive Coordinator if he fails the head coach & GM or one of them will get fired for sure!

Raiders have the most resources because they have Mariota & Carr both are tradeable! Carr could fetch two round 1 picks because Matthew Stafford & 17 million in dead cap got 2 1st round picks!

Oops the rookie QB’s in the 2021 draft are not ready to start in 2021.

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1cgo67rh said:
FresnoHawk68":1cgo67rh said:
toffee":1cgo67rh said:
KinesProf":1cgo67rh said:

Oops the rookie QB’s in the 2021 draft are not ready to start in 2021.
Name that stop gap QB,